NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yes because I'm a responsible adult and I am typically sleeping at 2am 😋

Bullshit. No real adult with responsibilities can still be asleep at 2am in the morning.

(im high on druuuuuuuuugs. or was. then.)

• Haha 2

So... Microsoft buying Bethesda...

Will that mean more or less support for Switch/Switch 2 going forward?

Personally, I think it actually will improve Nintendo's chances.  Nintendo and Microsoft are more buddy buddy than Nintendo & Bethesda anyway.

Edited by Dcubed

12 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So... Microsoft buying Bethesda...

Will that mean more or less support for Switch/Switch 2 going forward?

Personally, I think it actually will improve Nintendo's chances.  Nintendo and Microsoft are more buddy buddy than Nintendo & Bethesda anyway.

Is that why I saw a tweet making cracks at how PS5 will be the first console to not get a Skyrim port?

• Haha 2

More related to how the game performed than the game itself, so sticking it here: gamesindustry.biz have put up a summary article about the UK charts performance of Super Mario 3D All-Stars. And it's a doozy. 

Key takeaways:

- third largest UK launch of the year, behind only The Last of Us Part II and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. 

- the fifth fastest-selling Switch title launch in the UK, behind only Pokémon Sword and Shield, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario Odyssey. 

- 15th largest Nintendo game launch in the UK.

- only in terms of physical releases, this makes it the fourth best launch for a game to feature Mario in the UK (behind Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Odyssey). 

Going to be absolutely crazy to see the next quarterly report. Also...Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection next year, right? What games are we expecting? :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Going to be absolutely crazy to see the next quarterly report. Also...Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection next year, right? What games are we expecting? :p

It’ll be an emulated version of this...

37188780-item-big-GC-ZELDACOL-A-1.jpg

Emuception!

• Haha 3

Emuception!
Including the random freezing in Majora's Mask I hope, eradicating all progress since the last time the song of time was played!
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Emuception!

This the one that came with Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and some Wind Waker demo-ish stuff? 

If so, then replace Wind Waker in that list with BOTW2 demo-ish stuff and I guess that's that sorted :p

But more seriously, I don't know how they'd structure it if we end up with one. I mean, unless they're going to shaft a game here and there, which looking at Galaxy 2, seems to be in the cards! Any reason this wouldn't be Majora's Mask? 

Taking the wild assumption they won't bring the 2D games into the mix because you've got Zelda, Zelda II, and Link to the Past on Switch Online and a remake of Link's Awakening (unless they just come out with a 2D collection for the games following those?) and would just focus on the 3D games, if it's only three in a potential Collection...it would have to be Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess, surely? But then are they going to get all weird about how they reworked those games for the 3DS and Wii U, or just sell us upscaled, higher res, and still relatively low effort (by the standards of other remaster collections) emulations of the originals instead? And I guess Skyward Sword ends up with the 3D World treatment and gets to be its own thing, assuming they would want to potentially rework it? 

I haven't even played these Zelda games so someone's going to need to point out why it's crazy to start wishing for it, but in my head at least, it's a potentially weirder one to organise than with Mario. Unless you end up with two-in-one collections, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess, at full price, and then Skyward Sword still by itself?

I give up on trying to make sense out of Nintendo, they can just surprise me :p 

(please nobody tell them or Game Freak it's Pokémon's 25th next year or they'll can the Diamond and Pearl remakes for Let's Go Zip Zap Pikachu and Let's Go Normal-type-means-boring Eevee)

Oh, there was a Kirby Fighters 1? I just thought this was one was referencing Street Fighter II

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Oh, there was a Kirby Fighters 1? I just thought this was one was referencing Street Fighter II

Kirby Fighters was a mini game on one of the 3DS titles and then that got it's own eShop title with Kirby Fighters Deluxe.

• Thanks 1

Hey all, quick question about Luigi's Mansion 3? Is it a complete single player game? I'm about to buy it but I seem to remember something about it being really designed for two players or something? I'll be playing it on my own and I don't want to buy it if it turns out you can only play it two player or that if you play it single player you only get access to half the levels or something. Any help much appreciatedness! :D

42 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Hey all, quick question about Luigi's Mansion 3? Is it a complete single player game? I'm about to buy it but I seem to remember something about it being really designed for two players or something? I'll be playing it on my own and I don't want to buy it if it turns out you can only play it two player or that if you play it single player you only get access to half the levels or something. Any help much appreciatedness! :D

It's perfectly playable in single player. Coop is just a nice feature if you happen to have a guest once in a while. 

• Thanks 1

Nintendo have changed their minds on delisting one of their games:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I tried that yesterday and I suppose the intent is nice enough but...meh.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

I tried that yesterday and I suppose the intent is nice enough but...meh.

Yeah it’s very much just a basic freebie of a game.  Our 3 year-old enjoys it though, although I don’t like that she always wants to do it in 2-player with me & likes going all the way up to 1000! 🙈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

content-4-36357-nintendotreehouseliveoctober2020banner.jpg

Nintendo Treehouse Live October 2020 presentation to be shown later today

Up on the main site.

As always, we'll post a roundup article shortly after the presentation has aired, all being well. :smile:

• Like 3

content-4-36358-nintendotreehouseliveoctober2020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Treehouse Live October 2020 Roundup

Up on the main site.

No press release, so I just reported on what I saw in the gameplay demos.

Both video embeds of each game are included in the main article. :smile:

It was a good showing from all involved in this Treehouse Live presentation, good to hear about the Pikmin 3 Deluxe demo as well.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is looking even better in this latest showing, I'm considering pre-ordering it. :peace:

• Like 1

2 out of 10, in case you're wondering. But it's pretty bad that FIFA keeps doing this and ripping off unsuspecting Switch players.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, drahkon said:

Genshin Impact coming to Switch.

Time to smash your Switch! :laughing: 

Can't wait to see more.

So, after being bombarded with ads for this game (mobile games sure make a lot of money), i figure I'd watch some gameplay, and it looks pretty good. Like anime breath of the wild with waifus good. Can I get some impressions from you guys? Any of you have played it? Is it cross save, so I can play on my PC and continue on my Switch or phone? 

And is it free to play too? :o