NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

1. What games are people playing on their Switch at the moment

Nothing, really :hmm:

I played through Super Mario Bros 2 on the SNES App over the weekend but I'm not feeling compelled to play anything else at this point.

2. What’s the next game release you’re looking forward to?

I'm sure I'll probably get No More Heroes 3 when that comes out but I wouldn't really say I'm "looking forward" to anything, really.

3. How many people are actually picking up Super Mario 3D All-Stars on day one? 

I may not pick it up at all, never mind day one!

4. Which game are you looking forward to playing first?

If I hadn't played it again on Gamecube relatively recently, I'd have been curious to discover Super Mario Sunshine again.. but my last experience wasn't great.

I also played Super Mario 64 this year on Wii U and kinda had my fill by the time I had 70 stars. Didn't feel any desire to uncover the remaining 50 again having done it a few times before already.

So.. I guess playing Galaxy would have been the one I would have gravitated towards first..

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, nekunando said:

So.. I guess playing Galaxy would have been the one I would have gravitated towards first..

I see what you did there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember some people here thinking about getting Hotshot Racing.

If any of you gave it go: Gimme some impressions. :D 

I've never played the old arcade racers but I'm in the mood to try something new. Just wondering whether the game is worth the 15.99€ price tag.

• Like 1

1) What games are people playing on their Switch at the moment? 

At the moment it's collecting dust :( Nothing really interests me at the moment, but it'll probably change when I start my morning commute again.

2) What's the next game release you're looking forward to? 

No More Heroes 3, but I still need to see some gameplay (without Suda in the way)

3) How many people are actually picking up Super Mario 3D All-Stars on day one? 

I'm not, and I don't think I'll get it in the long run. I had a great time with all the games, but I don't have a need to replay them. 

4) Which game are you looking forward to playing first?

Speaking of other games, I still haven't booted up Fire Emblem Three Houses or Bayonetta 2. 

• Thanks 1

1. What games are people playing on their Switch at the moment

Randomly Just Dance 2017. Shoulder has been stiff and figured it's a mix of cardio and a way of loosening it up a bit.

2. What’s the next game release you’re looking forward to?

Pokémon Snap 2

3. How many people are actually picking up Super Mario 3D All-Stars on day one? 

I may try and pop to the shop that day, or over the weekend, and try my luck. Not bothered pre-ordering.

4. Which game are you looking forward to playing first?

Sunshine. I need those vibes.

• Thanks 1

Amazon has Ys Origin for preorder. Same with 365games (it's a bit cheaper there as well).

Clear River Games also have a collector's edition if you order from their site (the prices are in Euro's so guessing it won't be shipped from the UK).

More insane NPD numbers for Nintendo

zgpfd7J.jpg

Eh4JDMaU8AADoGw?format=jpg&name=large

Top 3 August of the generation (units):

1/ [NSW 2020] 482k+
2/ [NSW 2019] 241k
3/ [PS4 2015] 208k

Top 3 August ever in units:

1/ [NDS 2009] 553k
2 ou 3/ [NSW 2020] > 482k
2 ou 3/ [NDS 2008] 518k

What's crazy is that it's not only the best August for any hardware ever, it's literally double the next best figure, Aug 2019 for the Switch!

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What's crazy is that it's not only the best August for any hardware ever, it's literally double the next best figure, Aug 2019 for the Switch!

That’s only this generation isn’t it? Not all time.

Still, crazy numbers regardless.

That’s only this generation isn’t it? Not all time.
Still, crazy numbers regardless.
I think it means in terms of total dollars made, rather than units.

So even if the DS sold more one August, this past August made the most money ever?

23 minutes ago, bob said:

I think it means in terms of total dollars made, rather than units.

So even if the DS sold more one August, this past August made the most money ever?

Yeah, sorry I should have been clearer. It’s number one in terms of dollar amount of any August ever. It’s double the nearest August competitor in units for this generation.

• Like 1

Sorry my mistake, it's a bit confusing, this is per units but only this generation:

Top 3 August of the generation (units):

1/ [NSW 2020] 482k+
2/ [NSW 2019] 241k
3/ [PS4 2015] 208k

The quote about "Highest august dollar sales for a hardware platform in US history" is dollar sales but includes all hardware ever released.

Nintendo corporate meeting is going on at the moment, some interesting info coming out. 

NSO having 26 million paid users seems really good to me, based on the most recent figures that's an ever so slightly higher paid online user attach rate than even the PS4 and PS Plus have managed; for comparison, that's 26 million out of 61.44 million for Switch/NSO (approx. 42.3%) vs 44.1 million our of 112.3 for PS4/PS Plus (approx. 39.5%). 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Not too surprised by that high NSO subscriber number, it's pretty cheap.

"Switch business is mid way through life-cycle"...  sounds about right, looking at a 7 year life cycle, probably longer if the thing keeps selling!

Little surprise here, but some nice graphics from the meeting with Nintendo reiterating their stance on continuing with an "integrated hardware-software platform" like the Switch. 

6TtQo1.png

WOJx1z.png

e1iGkq.png

In summary: we're doing well, so we'll continue what we're doing :p

• Like 4

Some more (new) games would be nice, though.  

Are you not having enough fun touching your device?

53 minutes ago, bob said:

Not the NES controller, no. That thing was so pointy. 

Also I know these are just designed for meetings but that slide is a bloody eyesore. It's like a 4th grader was asked to do a vision board using magazine clippings.

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Also I know these are just designed for meetings but that slide is a bloody eyesore. It's like a 4th grader was asked to do a vision board using magazine clippings.

This one from the January 2017 Switch Presentation, when they were talking about how it takes inspiration from their previous consoles and controllers, instantly came to mind :laughing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQertf-j2tVXeYJfseKmu

Nintendo really need a new graphics guy... :p

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1
  • Angry 1

Are you not having enough fun with drifting JoyCon?
  • Haha 4

"R&D investment - previously used to look at conventional tech that enabled a lower price and appeal to users. But now doing cutting edge technology, look at how intuitive it is for users, also battery life is important given game-play of 5-6hrs"

Music to my ears. The Switch used a modern GPU relative to when it released (Tegra X1 was a 2015 chip). Hopefully they continue to use relatively new technology without sacrificing on battery life.

• Like 1

I'm playing Metro 2033 at the moment but geez, everything is so dark. Can't see a thing. Looking it up, it seems to be a thing with handheld mode so if I want to complete it, I should play it docked. What a shame. 

Gyro aiming will be easier then, I guess. 

Finally did something about my drifting joycon and it was much easier to fix then I imagined. All it was was dust - got underneath the little rubber skirt with one of those little brushes they pack with electric shavers and it's good as new again, after months of drifting. You could probably do it with a clean dry toothbrush with long enough bristles. 

31IIWi-jwnL.jpg

• Like 3

Are you even really a gamer if you don't have a 2am urge for pew pew wizards and suspend your switch between your thighs whilst in bed just to get your fix?

20200918-021959.jpg

• Haha 2

Yes because I'm a responsible adult and I am typically sleeping at 2am 😋

• Haha 1