NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

8 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Make it bigger! Can't play in handheld for more than an hour without getting hand cramp.

The thing is barely portable as it is!! You want it even bigger!?

16 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Make it bigger! Can't play in handheld for more than an hour without getting hand cramp.

fe978afc2859e66ae305473a5ab91c4b.gif

22 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

The thing is barely portable as it is!! You want it even bigger!?

I can get a bigger bag. Can't get smaller hands.

• Haha 4

Fix drift, add Party Chat at OS level and a proper invite/messaging system.

Release games that aren’t remakes.

2 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

I've found that buying a grip for the Switch completely transforms portable play, no cramp and it makes the system a lot better to use overall. :)

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Anyways, buy the Skull & Co Grip and you'll never get cramps again.

Yep, here's the link to the Skull & Co grip set... *

https://skullnco.com/collections/switch-gripcase/products/gripcase-set?variant=22216281980976

And, here's the link to the Satisfye grip set... *

https://www.satisfye.com/collections/switchgrip-pro-bundle/products/zengrip-pro-elite

I'd recommened the Satisfye grip, but it's the only one I've personally purchased and have used for a fair amount of time. :peace:

*Disclaimer - these are NOT affiliate links in any way, shape or form.

Having said all of that... I would still very much like Nintendo to make an official Left joy-con (with better build quality) which has a proper D-Pad.

• Thanks 2

I'm still quite happy with Hori Split Pad Pro. Looks not as classy compared to the Joy-cons but the grip is ten times better. It also feels a bit plastic-y and it lacks functions such as NFC and gyro. But for games that require a bit more precision input it's great. Stuff like Monster Hunter, Enter the Gungeon or Paladins plays a lot better compared to the Joy-Cons. The stick is better too (and shouldn't drift due to a different design). Plus it has a programmable button on the back of each half which is useful (I assign them to reload in Enter the Gungeon or a Hunter Art in Monster Hunter)

I have the Daemon x Machina one but they are coming out soon in other colours:

split-pad-pro-new-colours-600x338.jpg 

Still, they are compromises and I would rather see them fix the Joy-Cons. Luckily I have small hands so I don't mind the smaller size that much. Curious to hear: how is the Switch Lite in handling compared to the normal Switch? Any experiences with that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s a tough decision for Nintendo with the d-pad, since buttons are really the only option when removing the joy-cons to use them each as individual controllers.  Instant 2-player without paying extra is a real selling point in my opinion.  I tend to use my Pro Controller as much as possible since the diminutive size and closely placed buttons on the joy-cons are really not my favourite.

There are almost too many things I’d like to see fixed if they upgraded the Switch.  Already I’m frustrated that newer Switch users are benefitting from a better console than me (read: battery life) when we’re supposed to have the same console, and It will take a huge amount to convince me to pay to upgrade unless, for example, there are games that cannot be played on the original model, like the 3DS to New 3DS.  

11 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

I can get a bigger bag. Can't get smaller hands.

There are ways.

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2020 at 3:37 PM, LazyBoy said:

yeah switch is not very good only have mine 7 months and im just starting to have trouble with it, some games will not download and there is a small humming sound from it sometimes

Edited by euroninfan

So when are we getting this Sunshine remake? 

Fun fact, I joint this site 3 weeks before Sunshine came out. I guess maybe that means I should leave 3 weeks after the remake? 🤔

• Haha 1

On 30/08/2020 at 10:16 PM, Ashley said:

Fun fact, I joint this site 3 weeks before Sunshine came out. I guess maybe that means I should leave 3 weeks after the remake? 🤔

It's gonna release shortly after Pikmin 4. 

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw finally has a release date. It's coming September 22nd to the Switch (as well as Ps4, Xbox One and Steam). Was well received last year when it launched on the Epic Games Store last year so one to keep an eye on. I personally didn't enjoy the first Rebel Galaxy game when it was part if PS+ years ago but this sounds as though it's a step up over that game.

On 30/08/2020 at 10:16 PM, Ashley said:

How's Christmas for you?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

How's Christmas for you?

Makes sense at this point, what with us knowing Pikmin 3 Deluxe coming at the end of October, would've been strange to announce something as coming sooner. I just hope there's some truth to it, been looking forward to trying out the older 3D Mario games! 

Well, at least I get the chance to catch up with some of the older indie games that I missed for the rest of the year. 

So... Nvidia just announced their RTX3___ series of PC graphics cards running on their new Ampere architecture and the price/performance ratio is insane! The mid-range model is less than half the price of the previous top-end model but is about 50% more powerful than it! (For reference, the mid-range card is 2x as powerful as the Xbox Series X's GPU!).

Also announced a new I/O system that loads data from PC SSDs about 3x faster than PS5, by utilising the RTX cores on the new GPUs...

Bodes very well for the prospects of Switch 2! :D 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ike said:

How's Christmas for you?

See, to me, that smacks of "moving the goalposts"

I just don't believe that Nintendo will remaster 4 Mario games in quick succession. And even if they do, you're bonkers if you think they're all being bundled together.

I just get a vague "Star Fox Grand Prix" vibe from this rumour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh no I fully expect them to charge full RRP for each. Maybe 40 if they're feeling generous. 

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I just don't believe that Nintendo will remaster 4 Mario games in quick succession. And even if they do, you're bonkers if you think they're all being bundled together.

Just three games bundled together apparently, missing Galaxy 2 and being revealed tomorrow. We'll see...

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yes, if they are releasing all these games then I don’t think it’ll be a 4-in-1 game like Super Mario All-Stars. I think it’ll be a season of releases over several months, similar to when Nintendo had their year of Luigi, which was several titles released throughout the year.

I think of the four, Sunshine will be remade/remastered like Wind Waker HD.

Super Mario 3D world is already HD and Mario Galaxy has already had a HD port made by Nintendo for the Nvida Shield device in China, so the work for getting them looking good for switch is already done.

I’d love a remaster if Mario 64 but I could totally see Nintendo just releasing the N64 version and using that to launch N64 games on the NSO service

Outside of that maybe some new DLC for Odyssey as well. 

So three new games for the entierty of this year (and really, 52 ATC is half remake itself)...

Not great really.  But hey! Bowser's Fury and the new Pikmin 3 content will at least be awesome!

(Does feel like Nintendo is now winding down support for the current Switch...)

Honestly, take the fourth year of any console of the past 6 generations (bar Sega’s last two efforts) and it really highlights what a shocking year it’s been for Nintendo. 

I’m almost certain a new Switch is coming next year because there is no way they planned for this embarrassment out of anything other than necessity. Covid isn’t an excuse.  

• Like 1

I'm still of the mind that Nintendo EPD's production capacity was completely kneecapped when their cosy relationship with Namco came to a screeching halt.  It's absolutely shocking how much their output has absolutely fallen off a cliff since 2017.  They've only managed to make TWO entierly original games in the past three years! (Ring Fit Adventure and Animal Crossing New Horizons) That's horrendous!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Covid absolutely is an excuse. Not excusing them 100% but it's definitely had an impact. Nintendo are very secretive with their game development, letting people take in development software home isn't something they do.

23 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

(Does feel like Nintendo is now winding down support for the current Switch...)

Why would they wind down support when this is the hardware's strongest years sales wise? I think we have another 3 or 4 years of the Switch, at least, it'll be another 3DS. It was either Furukawa or Kimishima who said they see the Switch as having a longer life than most of their other consoles.