NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Yeah, that list is very grounded with a few additions that make sense. Nothing too spectacular. 

32 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, that list is very grounded with a few additions that make sense. Nothing too spectacular. 

Spoiler

Super Mario Bikers is too silly to actually be true.

That's a red flag for me.

16 minutes ago, Glen-i said:
  Hide contents

I thought exactly the same. It was fairly on point until that.

Spoiler

It rhymes with Strikers. Maybe they're feeling Suessicle

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:
  Hide contents

True. Hadn't seen that. 

Spoiler

Truth be told, they had me at "Flames of Elibe". For once, I don't need to throw out an entire leak's validity based on how much they pretended to know about Fire Emblem. It's still a weird title (it doesn't follow the conventions set by Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, and is unlikely to follow the same pattern as Shadows of Valentia for several reasons), but it's not impossible. A well educated guess, if nothing else.

My main issue with the list is how long and detailed it is. Leaks aren't usually this extensive in their detail. But the games themselves are a fairly realistic line-up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Of course it's bullshit. It came from the internet.

Would like me some Pikmins though.

5 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Anyone have a link? I'm clearly a bit slow today as I can't find it anywhere...

• Like 1

The quarterly report covering 1st April 2020 - 30th June 2020 is out.

The big takeaways:

- 5.68 million units sold this quarter between the Switch and Switch Lite. The Switch now has lifetime sales of 61.44 million units sold. 

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons has sold 22.4 million units as of 30th June 2020. More copies sold now than there were GameCubes sold in its lifetime (some 21.74 million units). 

- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition sold 1.32 million units in the space of a month. Which is awesome, and fully deserved!

- Clubhouse Games sold 1.02 million units. Which is also pretty bonkers.

- Pokémon Sword/Shield have sold 18.22 million units, making them the third highest selling pair of main series Pokémon games in over 20 years (since Gold/Silver, 23.10 million units, and behind Pokémon Red/Green/Blue, at 31.38 million units). 

Top 10 best selling Switch games as of Q1 for FY21

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 26.74M

2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 22.40M

3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 19.99M

4. Breath of the Wild - 18.60M

5. Pokemon Sword/Shield - 18.22M

6. Super Mario Odyssey - 18.06M

7. Pokemon Let’s GO - 12.20M

8. Super Mario Party - 10.94M

9. Splatoon 2 - 10.71M

10. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe - 7.44M

On the back of all of this, Bloomberg reports that Nintendo is increasing production to 25 million units for this Financial Year.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely MONSTROUS results! Just utterly unbelievable!

The only bad thing I have to say is that I'm disappointed at the poor legs on Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario Maker 2... Everything else is performing incredibly though!

Great to see Xenoblade already having sold more than 50% of XC2 LTD sales (I believe that game is still Monolith's #1 selling title).

Glad to see Nintendo is doing well. ^_^

Although, tbh I wish they'd just publish all their first party titles on Steam, then I could use the console money to buy more Nintendo games. :D

Incredible numbers. Animal Crossing selling more than the Gamecube console itself did! 

Increasing the hardware forecast to 25 million is pretty bullish. If they reach that the console should easily surpass the 100mil mark in its lifetime.

Edited by Ronnie

So happy that Xenoblade sold so well, absolutely deserves to be a hit. Animal Crossing is just ridiculous, I knew it had sold well but to overtake Smash and to only be 4 million behind MK8 after just a few months is absolutely insane.

Damn, stocks rose 3 % after these news. Had my eyes on them for some time but hesitated as they are generally high now. Now they are even higher. 

Funny to think that some people actually believe that Isabelle wasn't the biggest new character in Smash Ultimate when it was released.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Funny to think that some people actually believe that Isabelle wasn't the biggest new character in Smash Ultimate when it was released.

It was of course Glurth from Fire Emblem: Broken Realms.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

It was of course Glurth from Fire Emblem: Broken Realms.

Untill we get ‘generic 3D character modeled after hyped influencer youtube idol doing a weird dance in Fornite-man’!

EDIT: [in before ‘ok boomer’]

Edited by markderoos
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Nintendo doing well in the UK again is cool to see, it's been a while

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-08-10-uk-charts-nintendo-switch-accounts-for-six-of-the-top-ten

iemE1Bf.png

Great to see Nintendo doing so well. ACNH still flying very high, and MK8D killing it as always.

Personally glad to see Ghost of Tsushima up there too, very much deserved, I absolutely loved that game. 

It always blows my mind that GTA V is still making the top 10 both here and in America's NPD's month in and month out though. Microtransactions in the form of their Shark Cards I would understand ranking so high, but the game itself? Who is still buying this game?! 

Edited by Julius

29 minutes ago, Julius said:

Great to see Nintendo doing so well. ACNH still flying very high, and MK8D killing it as always.

Personally glad to see Ghost of Tsushima up there too, very much deserved, I absolutely loved that game. 

It always blows my mind that GTA V is still making the top 10 both here and in America's NPD's month in and month out though. Microtransactions in the form of their Shark Cards I would understand ranking so high, but the game itself? Who is still buying this game?! 

I reckon anyone who buys a console these days might pick it up because you can get it for cheap, and it's fun to mess about in. Plus, it's multi-multi-platform, so the console base for it is absolutely massive.