NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Are you in the UK [mention=8211]londragon[/mention]? Was wondering if I could buy the contact cleaner on the high street or if I would need to buy it from Screwfix.

I’m not living in the UK, but I’m sure any decent hardware shop should supply it. Failing that B&Q definitely will, and quite sure the tool, or electrical section in most supermarkets may have it, too.
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY hustled a Switch into my possession for the foreseeable future - not much content tho lol. Anyone got best place for good switch baragins stuff I might appreciate as an owner etc? Not sure I care for online yet as got nothing except MK8 but any 'neccessary' accessories or games? not rich not going crazy looking at Smash ofc Odyssey probs maybe BotW too and ofc later XC remake.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Anyone got best place for good switch baragins stuff I might appreciate as an owner etc?

Deku Deals

I'd recommend using this as your only place for looking up games and their prices as the eShop on the Switch is atrocious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn. That looks sick af ty @drahkon. I could get Okami and MH tomorrow and be happy as pie lol - tho no actually I wont with Monster Hunter will I if i wanna play online? I am out of touch with how their online has evolved now - every switch owner I speak to seems to have a different story lol.

4 minutes ago, Rummy said:

I am out of touch with how their online has evolved now

It hasn't :p
You have to pay for it now, though, in order to play games online.

Nintendo Switch Online

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rummy said:

I am out of touch with how their online has evolved now - every switch owner I speak to seems to have a different story lol.

It's a mixed bag to say the least. On the plus side it's pretty cheap and you get access to few NES and SNES games (with online multiplayer) but the rest of it is... well it's a typically "unique" Nintendo experience i.e don't be expecting any of the other online features that have been standard on other platforms for years xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rummy said:

FINALLY hustled a Switch into my possession for the foreseeable future - not much content tho lol. Anyone got best place for good switch baragins stuff I might appreciate as an owner etc? Not sure I care for online yet as got nothing except MK8 but any 'neccessary' accessories or games? not rich not going crazy looking at Smash ofc Odyssey probs maybe BotW too and ofc later XC remake.

If you plan on playing Co-op, I highly recommend Snipperclips, which is absolutely delightful (only for multiplayer though, Single-player is an empty experience).

I also recommend taking a gander at the indie titles on the system (there are periodic sales) and the many ports/rereleases of classics (Final Fantasy VII-XII, Devil May Cry trilogy, Onimusha, etc). The store can be tricky to navigate, but anything that goes on sale pops into view.

It's funny how the first half-year in 2020 has been terrible but in May/June, at least four games that interest me are released: Shantae and the Seven Sirens, Journey to the Savage Planet, The Outer Worlds, and Pokémon Sword/Shield DLC part 1. Then in July, Paper Mario and beyond that, who knows? I could also be tempted to play XCOM2 at some point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It's funny how the first half-year in 2020 has been terrible but in May/June, at least four games that interest me are released: Shantae and the Seven Sirens, Journey to the Savage Planet, The Outer Worlds, and Pokémon Sword/Shield DLC part 1. Then in July, Paper Mario and beyond that, who knows? I could also be tempted to play XCOM2 at some point.

Yeah, it's great right now.  Too bad that COVID is going to end up ruining everyone's plans.

I suspect that the rest of the year is going to be pretty barren after this wave...

12 hours ago, Jonnas said:

If you plan on playing Co-op, I highly recommend Snipperclips, which is absolutely delightful (only for multiplayer though, Single-player is an empty experience).

I also recommend taking a gander at the indie titles on the system (there are periodic sales) and the many ports/rereleases of classics (Final Fantasy VII-XII, Devil May Cry trilogy, Onimusha, etc). The store can be tricky to navigate, but anything that goes on sale pops into view.

Nah local is gonna very off my radar generally tbh but guess never know in future maybe! (not even covid jokes btw). I usually sit at home with a PS4 - this was just cos I could finally hustle the system without cashing out too hard - I'm here for the games/experiences tbh my ps4 gives me a lot of my multiplayer fun.

HAVE played Snipperclips before definitely a very cool little joker. In fact...I think it's already on the Switch lol(srsly this boy bought at launch and let it gather dust at smaller/kidsy family's house after a month). I have some monetary limits but will look into things! Definitely thinking about Okami following drahkon's link as I have never played but always heard amazing things

• Thanks 1

Also without any mentions of illegal stuff regarding emulation or what you can do with that(if you wish to have these conversations with someone asking about then please feel free to have them in private) but does anybody know much about what came out of the old G1 hardhack vulnerability that I think utilised a pin short? I dunno if I can be arsed to dive into the depths of the homebrew scene again but genuinely am curious about what sorts of various things folks might have managed to then do with the hardware/system following.

Wasn't that pin error corrected in the newer revision of the Switch console? I.e. it's only possible on consoles bought the first year and a half (ish).

After finishing DOOM (2016) I've been in a gaming limbo, switching between Animal Crossing, Iceborne and Call of Duty Multiplayer. Now I'm ready for a game with a "real" goal again and I feel like Bug Fables seems like a good one.

Have been reading some reviews and pretty much all are full of praise. I've never played the original Paper Mario games so I have no idea what to expect. This one seems to be at least on par with the best of the Paper Mario series and those are regarded highly.

We'll see...might get in on the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

That's what I've been saying!

Pheh, we all know the Super Game Boy had everything figured out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It might just be on my end, but holy hell, why is it typed like that!?

When you format your tweets like that, I can't help but feel that everything it says is inherently wrong.

Even when it's right, that shoddy formatting makes it wrong.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It might just be on my end, but holy hell, why is it typed like that!?

When you format your tweets like that, I can't help but feel that everything it says is inherently wrong.

Even when it's right, that shoddy formatting makes it wrong.

Because every tweet has to be a meme, for some reason. It's supposed to line up with the images, I guess.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Because every tweet has to be a meme, for some reason. It's supposed to line up with the images, I guess.

Do the images signify the fractured state of that person's psyche? Because that's the only way I see that making a lick of sense!

Gosh darn, I just hate horrendous formatting!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Do the images signify the fractured state of that person's psyche? Because that's the only way I see that making a lick of sense!

Gosh darn, I just hate horrendous formatting!

I guess its a take on the 'My Plans        2020' meme where they were used to act as headers for two images.

Stop being such a boomer Glen :p 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

I guess its a take on the 'My Plans        2020' meme where they were used to act as headers for two images.

Stop being such a boomer Glen :p 

Oh right, I forgot that Switch ports are all under the "So could" catagory!

Managed to get $25 eShop credit for 17€ and bought Bug Fables just now :D For that price I couldn't say no :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Managed to get $25 eShop credit for 17€ and bought Bug Fables just now :D For that price I couldn't say no :)

Kindly share your opinions with us once formed. The Paper Mario feels are strong.

12 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Kindly share your opinions with us once formed. The Paper Mario feels are strong.

To preface: The only Paper Mario game I've played was Super Paper Mario so I can't compare Bug Fables to the Paper Mario RPGs.

I'm now an hour in.

It's a very pretty game. It's not necessarily going for the "paper aesthetic". The inspiration is clearly there, but it's not 100% "papery" :D Looks good, though.
Sound effects are fitting. The music (the two tracks I've listened to, so far) is lovely.

Writing seems to be top-notch. Lots of humorous dialogue and lore. The three main characters already have a fun dynamic. Looking forward to how the story will evolve and how the characters interact in the future.

"But drahkon, who gives a shit about the graphics and music. It's all about gameplay, you wanker."

Exploration is standard RPG exploration...hardly something you could fuck up. And the devs didn't :p

Battles have been simple so far, mainly because there's not a lot to choose from. Attack, one or two skills, block.
Simple doesn't mean easy, though. I've put the game on hard mode and good lord the battles can be tough. Died twice to normal enemies. Using items will be a necessity.

Yeah...that's it for now. Good first 60 minutes and if I wasn't so unbelievably tired I'd continue playing. :D Well, I'll put more time into Bug Fables tomorrow :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2