NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Some official wallpapers...for your desktop have been put up on Nintendo's website

They're all either promotional art or in-game screenshots. Pokémon Sword and Shield definitely come off the worst of those. Xenoblade Chronicles looks like it was made to be seen on as desktop wallpapers. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36230-colorslivebanner.jpg

Colors Live is coming to the Nintendo Switch via Kickstarter

Potentially exciting news for any aspiring or exisiting artists who own a Nintendo Switch.

Colors Live is coming to the Switch via a Kickstarter, digital software but it comes with a unique pressure-sensitive stylus.

(this should interest @Dcubed :D as I remember this is something you've been after for a while)

Also, thanks to @Ashley for letting me know about this :) I meant to post it earlier but it's on the main page now. :peace:

The original software Colors 3D on the 3DS was amazing, so I've got high hopes for this one, plus the Kickstarter has already met its target.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Seems pretty cool.

I planned on starting to learn how to draw but haven't followed through, yet. This might be the push I need.

Shipping costs are pretty high, though. It's an additional 13€ bumping up the backing cost to 46€.

If I have the money to spare at the end of the month, I might pull the trigger, though.

• Thanks 1

I'm genuinely intruiged by that stylus as it's pressure-sensitive and connects to the Switch via the headphone jack, so it requires no batteries, doesn't need to be wireless and looks to have a decent-sized lead, plus with it being directly connected, it should be very precise I would have thought.

Also, I'm guessing that it will probably just work with the Switch generally... I hope so, even if it's just for this software then, that's still cool but if you can use it with other games and pieces of software on the Switch then that really will be very much worth having just for the peripheral alone, let alone the sure to be excellent software.

Nice wallpapers. Can you be nostalgic for ARMS, cause I am and I didn't even play the game!

One of my favourite tracks on MK8DX :bowdown:

mariokart-3-small.jpg

Super Mario Kart fans will get it 

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Seems pretty cool.

I planned on starting to learn how to draw but haven't followed through, yet. This might be the push I need.

Shipping costs are pretty high, though. It's an additional 13€ bumping up the backing cost to 46€.

If I have the money to spare at the end of the month, I might pull the trigger, though.

Hmm, I have no experience with the 3DS version, but it being on the Switch automatically means you're limited in certain ways. You may want to spend your money on a entry Wacom tablet. Or just paper and some good pencils.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Hmm, I have no experience with the 3DS version, but it being on the Switch automatically means you're limited in certain ways. You may want to spend your money on a entry Wacom tablet. Or just paper and some good pencils.

I have the 3DS version of Colours. The obvious differences will be that there'll be no 3D capabilities and that you won't be able to use a Camera to easily snap a picture for reference.

Even with a good capacitive stylus, the Switch screen also won't be as accurate as the 3DS one. I suppose if you can zoom in far enough, you can mitigate that downside, but it's worth noting.

Then again, the resolution advantage would be quite nice, but I use Pokémon Art Academy and that already has an option to export a picture at high resolution, so I'm not sure whether I'd jump in on this.

Definitely keeping my eye on it though.

Skull & Co. Joy-Con button caps and D-Pads have arrived. Delivery time: 3 weeks. Not too bad, given the current situation.

The quality is top-notch, as expected.

PKyXbB8.jpg

vhgPPfs.jpgoRQpKyb.jpg

Now the Joy-Cons are actually acceptable controllers.

Next order: Skull & Co.'s Switch dock :D Maybe at the end of the month :peace:

Edited by drahkon

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Skull & Co. Joy-Con button caps and D-Pads have arrived. Delivery time: 3 weeks. Not too bad, given the current situation.

PKyXbB8.jpg

vhgPPfs.jpgoRQpKyb.jpg

Sprinkled with sugar for that extra sweetness..

3 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Sprinkled with sugar for that extra sweetness..

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

PKyXbB8.jpg

vhgPPfs.jpgoRQpKyb.jpg

Nice. They do a Lite grip case with changeable handles. Was thinking about getting one as they look really good quality. 
I love the feel of the Lite on its own though which is all that’s holding me back! 

31 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

They do a Lite grip case with changeable handles. Was thinking about getting one as they look really good quality. 

I have the one for the regular Switch.
Skull_Co_GripCase_6_1200x1200.jpg

It's comfortable, sturdy and it's dock-friendly (which is useless for a Lite). The shoulder buttons are also much better.

35 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I love the feel of the Lite on its own though which is all that’s holding me back! 

I hate the feel of the Switch :D It also hurts my wrists playing in handheld mode for longer than 30 minutes without the grip case.

• Like 1

This one's pretty good also...

elite-bundle_hero_800x.png?v=1584225305

I bought the original model grip a year or two(?) ago and I've found it great for handheld play, got it when they were selling the grip in red for a limited time.

Both the original model and the newer model are both good and you can buy this bundle with the grip, cap sticks, charging cable etc for a reasonable price though do take into accounr shipping, especially as it's overseas but worth it though for a quality product. :)

Check it out on Satisfye if you're interested. :peace:

Disclaimer - N-Europe does not benefit from you clicking that link, this is a product I have personally purchased and probably mentioned before, I just thought it worth sharing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I have the one for the regular Switch.
Skull_Co_GripCase_6_1200x1200.jpg

It's comfortable, sturdy and it's dock-friendly (which is useless for a Lite). The shoulder buttons are also much better.

I hate the feel of the Switch :D It also hurts my wrists playing in handheld mode for longer than 30 minutes without the grip case.

Oh that’s interesting that it’s dockable. It’s such a snug fit without a case it amazes me that can happen. Might look into that too then although I generally never play my main Switch handheld. That’s the Lites job. :p

18 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

It’s such a snug fit without a case it amazes me that can happen.

Well, I had to give it a little extra push at first but now it seems like the dock "adjusted" and it fits perfectly :D

16 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well, I had to give it a little extra push at first but now it seems like the dock "adjusted" and it fits perfectly :D

You smashed your dock with a hammer, didn't you?

• Haha 1

I know some may classify this as self-promotion, but as JoyCon Drift is exceptionally prevalent for all of us, I made a tutorial/pictorial video showing how I successfully overcame the dreaded drift.

‪And as this can be performed on the Pro-Controller, too, drift-free gaming on the Nintendo Switch can be yours., so I needed to share. Stop giving Nintendo money for new JoyCons, fix your old ones.

‪https://youtu.be/Hz1YRD2dk8U‬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, londragon said:

I know some may classify this as self-promotion, but as JoyCon Drift is exceptionally prevalent for all of us, I made a tutorial/pictorial video showing how I successfully overcame the dreaded drift.

‪And as this can be performed on the Pro-Controller, too, drift-free gaming on the Nintendo Switch can be yours., so I needed to share. Stop giving Nintendo money for new JoyCons, fix your old ones.

This is quite timely as I've noticed my joycon drifting UP during Animal Crossing. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Posting this here, too.  Just to see if a few others are interested in sharing their short anecdotes.

@nekunando got his brains working overtime, and came up with a great idea for an N-E Cafe podcast Big Topic this week.

It's going to be a 'confessions episode'.  We'd like as many people as possible to confess to a gaming sin (sins).  It can be anything you can think of, like enjoying a terrible game, a humourous incident while playing, absolutely anything.

Now, if your confession is too juicy, you may be embarrassed to share.  And because of this, your confession can be open or anonymous.  If so, just send a DM to me, who'll be tight lipped about the said incident.

We can't wait to hear from you all.

• Weird 1

On 5/19/2020 at 8:00 AM, londragon said:

Absolute legend! :bowdown: Thanks so much for sharing this. I'd previously used compressed air to try and fix the drifting issue and while it did help a bit, it's nowhere near as effective as this method!

Yeah, with just a single application of contact cleaner my Joy-Con sticks have gone from completely unusable to almost perfect! :o There's still the odd irregularity here and there (especially within the calibration settings) but they don't appear to impact actual gameplay like before. Just been playing AC (which was previously unplayable with the Joy-Con) and other than a few instances of my character changing direction without an input, it was pretty much spot-on! :cool: I also get the feeling it will only improve with further uses of the contact cleaner.

Anyway, I seriously recommend anyone that's having issues with Joy-Con drift give it a try. :) Just take care when applying it with the straw, as it can spray back at you!

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 3

On 19/05/2020 at 8:00 AM, londragon said:

This worked! Funnily enough I actually started getting drifting joycon drift the day before you posted this. What a coincidence.

• Like 2

Cool, I will try this! I have recieved new joysticks from ebay that I was going to replace my old ones with, but if this trick will get rid of the drift (at least for some time), that'd be great! :D

• Like 2

Are you in the UK @londragon? Was wondering if I could buy the contact cleaner on the high street or if I would need to buy it from Screwfix.