NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Seems like the first Unravel is a good shout for one of those, given the leaked rating. Mass Effect Trilogy seems likely too, that's certainly one they could charge full price for. 

I'd wager that at least one of the other titles coming to the Switch from EA will be one last throw of the dice on another legacy edition of Fifa (in other words a roster and kit update with nothing more). Beyond that, I'd think they'll be looking to release more of their EA Originals titles that haven't made the jump. So things like the original Unravel, perhaps A Way Out and maybe Sea of Solitude and whatever else they've got coming along.

That EA HD title is more interesting however. It being a remaster doesn't give much away but I wonder whether it'll be an older title from the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era as opposed to something from the 360/PS3 era. People have been asking for SSX 3 for ages so I could see it being that. Likewise, I'd guess releasing Burnout Paradise ended up being somewhat successful so bringing up other Burnout titles would be a no brainer. Those are the two older ones I'd guess. They also have things like Black, which would be a major outsider but could be interesting to bring forward, and they also did The Simpson's Road Rage. While that's not Hit and Run, I could see EA looking at that game as a quick cash grab for those wanting something Hit and Run-esque, especially with the license rights to that game being up in the air somewhat.

I'd love it to be the Mass Effect Trilogy but I was listening to the Play, Watch, Listen podcast at the weekend (Alanah Pearce's new podcast with Troy Baker, Mike Bithell and Austin Wintory, well worth checking out) and as Alanah said on that, the reason I don't see it happening is that what studio at EA would work on it. There's a lot of work to get the game ported over to current game consoles, not least with ME1 which was an early Unreal 3 game that shows its age badly. Nevermind adding the DLC to the package (this EA after all, I wouldn't put it past them to make people pay for the DLC once again rather than put it in as a complete trilogy edition). Unless they've been working on it for a couple of years and have multiple studios on it, I sadly don't see them doing it.

Curious what it'll be though. Guess we'll find out on atbrheir digital EA Play on June 11th.

My brother is trying to locate a Switch for my niece for her birthday at the end of the month. Has anyone had any experience of buying one recently, or know someone who has? It probably will be very tricky to find one, but it's worth a try.

Edited by Tim B

Looks like that EA HD remaster/remake game is gonna be the Mass Effect Trilogy.

The article mentions that Apex Legends is a good shout for being one of the games EA are bringing to Switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like that EA HD remaster/remake game is gonna be the Mass Effect Trilogy

Fuck me it’s about fucking time. 

Years and years of people begging EA to do it must have finally sunk in. Wonder if they’ll be built for next gen or this gen. 

Edited by Ronnie

Impressive numbers all around. Software numbers are ridiculously high across the board. It's just a shame things like Pokemon Sword and Shield and Super Mario Party have massively outsold most of the better entries in these franchises. 

1 hour ago, Helmsly said:

Damn, that graphic is absurd!

The Switch making it to 55.77 million units sold (including Lite) and having sold 21.03 million units in the last FY is really impressive. It's what, 25 million units or so behind the 3DS family now, and has managed to beat out it's game sales in around a third of the time it took the 3DS to get to its current point? Great news. 

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Impressive numbers all around. Software numbers are ridiculously high across the board. It's just a shame things like Pokemon Sword and Shield and Super Mario Party have massively outsold most of the better entries in these franchises. 

Seriously, I couldn't think of a game as undeserving to have sold as well as it has as Pokémon Sword and Shield. Even for those who enjoyed it, it's hard to not admit that it's a step down from the best Pokémon games (a decline we've been on for a while). 

58 minutes ago, Kav said:

While that's extremely impressive, and would've made it there regardless at some point...not to detract from the feat at all, it needs to be mentioned how Pokémon and Animal Crossing didn't have main series titles released on the Wii U. They're two of Nintendo's largest IPs, after all. As abysmally as that console sold, a main series Pokémon game would have bumped sales of that console by a sizeable amount. 

• Like 1

Summary of Nintendo's FY20 report:

• Nintendo has sold 55.77 million units as of March 31
  • Nintendo Sold 21.02 Million Switches in Fiscal 2019
  • 14.83M Base Switches were sold, meanwhile 6.19M Nintendo Switch LITEs were sold
  • 3.29M Switches were sold between January 1st and March 30th 2020
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons has sold 11.77 million units (11 days of release)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons has sold 13.41 million sold as of 6 weeks
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX has sold 1.26M Copies
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order & Astral Chain have sold over 1M units
  • 48.5% of all Switch games were sold Digitally
  • Clubhouse51/Bravely Default2/Xenoblade Chronicles DE are the only 3 Switch games listed for 2020
  • BOTW2/Bayonetta 3/Metroid Prime 4 still remain as TBA

Top 10 Best Selling Switch Games:

• 24.77M MK8D
  • 18.84M SSBU
  • 17.41M BOTW
  • 17.41M SMOdyssey
  • 17.37M Pokemon S/H
  • 11.97M Pokemon Lets Go P/E
  • 11.77M AC:NH
  • 10.13M Splatoon2
  • 10.10M SMParty
  • 6.60M NSMBUD

COVID Related Updates:

• Delays in production + shipping are recovering
  • Procurement of components may worsen if impact of virus worsens
  • There's concern that global production will wind down due to pandemic
  • Revisions to projected sales could be issued going forward
  • Restrictions of sales vary from country to country
  • If physical distributions are suspended, The company would suspend hardware sales
  • Development schedules are shifting the longer the pandemic lasts
  • Impact of overseas subsidiaries and companies involved are much harder to predict than within Japan
  • The release of certain products may be delayed
  • This data applies for both hardware and software fronts

• Thanks 2

As usual, hugely impressive numbers. Wonder if they can reach 100 million Switches lifetime.

6.6 million for NSMBU*breathes*DX shows there's still a big market for 2D Mario.

1 hour ago, Julius said:

48.5% of all Switch games were sold Digitally

Wow, so all those Nintendo games in NPD charts, add another 48.5% sales on top of that. 

On 06/05/2020 at 8:42 AM, Tim B said:

My brother is trying to locate a Switch for my niece for her birthday at the end of the month. Has anyone had any experience of buying one recently, or know someone who has? It probably will be very tricky to find one, but it's worth a try.

They seem to come back into stock and then sell out very quickly. I know Shopto will tweet when they've got stock, I think it's going to be a case of setup alerts wherever possible and hope for the best.

• Thanks 1

Urgh the keyboard next word thing is terrible. Why doesn't it put a space after each word by default? Why does Y append the highlighted word to the last rather than do a space? 

• Thanks 2

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX has sold 1.26M Copies

That's a strong start, almost better than the 3DS entries.

We'll have to see whether it can actually top the original versions 5.85 million. That'd be mad.

Also agree with @Hero-of-Time's sentiment that Pokémon SW/SH doesn't deserve to batter so many better entries. Just a case of right place, right time, I suppose.

It's still the best Pokémon game since Black 2/White 2 though.

• Thanks 1

Urgh the keyboard next word thing is terrible. Why doesn't it put a space after each word by default? Why does Y append the highlighted word to the last rather than do a space? 

It’s beyond a joke. Years to fix it, nothing.

37 minutes ago, londragon said:

It’s beyond a joke. Years to fix it, nothing.

I imagine it'll never get fixed. It's not like it's used all that much (and AC has its own version and perhaps other games do) so I can't imagine Nintendo giving it much thought. 

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

THIS!!! This SO much!! Why!?!? Why doesn't it just auto-add a space!? ItMakesTheWholeThingCompletelyUseless!

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
It's actually what's keeping me from uploading more videos/screenshots to Twitter. Writing a text is such a pain and I have no idea why Nintendo is so inept in certain areas.

Edited by drahkon

It's also annoying if you don't use it. If you delete a letter and type new stuff, and want to move your cursor around, it forces you to choose a word first before you are even able to.

Hey, we gotta cut Nintendo some slack.

Smartphones that use better typing features have been around for only 10 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

THIS!!! This SO much!! Why!?!? Why doesn't it just auto-add a space!? ItMakesTheWholeThingCompletelyUseless!

Iguessineuropenintendoisbasedingermanyandthiswouldbeaperfectlyvalidwordingermansomaybethatswhyithappens

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Iguessineuropenintendoisbasedingermanyandthiswouldbeaperfectlyvalidwordingermansomaybethatswhyithappens

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmützenfabrikarbeiterschaft

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmützenfabrikarbeiterschaft

I've never been so offended in all my life!

• Haha 1