NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Star Wars: Episode One Racer is coming out on May 12th, much sooner than expected.

Is Crysis actually any good? Don't know anything about it really other than the meme, is it a genuinely good game or was it just technically impressive (and demanding) at the time?

I really, really liked the trailers they made for Jump Force and wanted to play it but it got quite average reviews so it kind of lowered my want for the game. Still interested but it has to be pretty cheap if I am to get it.

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Star Wars: Episode One Racer is coming out on May 12th, much sooner than expected.

Is Crysis actually any good? Don't know anything about it really other than the meme, is it a genuinely good game or was it just technically impressive (and demanding) at the time?

I really liked it (back then), but it's  not doing anything super special gameplay-wise. It does have a cool atmosphere and setting, with the alien invasion taking place during the story, and some cool bosses I think, but it's been a while. The only cool addition to gameplay is your powersuit, which has 4 modes, like cloak or speed, giving you some options how you want to play. I'm normally a stealth player and (probably) used the cloak mostly, but with the expansion (wonder if that's included? it was standalone), they streamlined the suitmodes, and I changed my tactic to almost exclusively use speed and boost enemies to death, at least the human ones.

I already have a physical copy (.. and I now feel like playing it), so I'll probably be skipping this one, but I had a blast playing it ..

10 years ago? :cry:

Googled it.

<sigh>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

World War Z is also coming to the mighty hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice to see Namco still pulling their Double Dipping racket on Switch owners :indeed:

Don't buy this trash.

Signed up to Switch Online yesterday and got an email with a code for some Splatoon 2 content. It would be easy enough for them to check that I've never played that game of my account but here we are...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Signed up to Switch Online yesterday and got an email with a code for some Splatoon 2 content. It would be easy enough for them to check that I've never played that game of my account but here we are...

Sounds just like Nintendo to do something like that. :D

Out of interest... what Splatoon 2 content did they send you? If it's the Octo Expansion then, that would have been pretty good if you had the game as it's £17.99 to buy...

...if it's a code for some gear which you can wear in game, that's... less generous and still no good if you don't own the game, though I'm not aware of any other DLC apart from the Octo Expansion being available. ::shrug:

Anyway, if it is a code for the Octo Expansion and if you still have it/don't want it then I'd give you the £17.99 for it if you like? It'd pay for your online subscription at least. :peace:

Also, are there any games which you own that you'll be playing regularly online now? Let me know if you want to play a game of anything sometime. :)

We usually have a game of something going on each week either for A Smashing Cast or just a general gaming hour or so each week on Tuesday at 8PM on Discord.

Yeah it was just for some gear or something. No big loss, I was just amused by the fact they're not using the data they hold. 

I probably won't be gaming online much. Mostly picked it up for Animal Crossing stuff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yeah it was just for some gear or something. No big loss, I was just amused by the fact they're not using the data they hold. 

I probably won't be gaming online much. Mostly picked it up for Animal Crossing stuff. 

It's there to entice you to get the game. :indeed:

You can always give it away, but most if not all of us here will already have it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

It's there to entice you to get the game. :indeed:

You can always give it away, but most if not all of us here will already have it.

Yeah it's not my thing, never clicked with the series. But if anyone wants it let me know. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Yeah it's not my thing, never clicked with the series. But if anyone wants it let me know. 

Tweet it, and see if you can trade it for some turnips. ;)

• Haha 1

Just spotted on Reddit that Super Mario 3D World has been spotted on Best Buy's internal systems. It's definitely coming.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

Just spotted on Reddit that Super Mario 3D World has been spotted on Best Buy's internal systems. It's definitely coming.

Metroid Prime Trilogy also spotted on Best Buy, for what I swear is the 1000th time! Pretty sure it was there this time last year, too...even without E3, nice to get some sort of indicator that there are still plans for Nintendo and others around that time. 

Anyways, fingers crossed for both :laughing:

Massive Mario Maker 2 3.0 update, including SMB2 elements and a World Map editor, for up to 8 worlds and 40 courses.

Releases April 22nd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joy-con-ending-production-Japan-Nintendo

Production has ended on several Nintendo Switch Joy-Con colours with the Nintendo Switch Grey, Neon Yellow, and Red Joy-Con Controller Sets (L+R) all no longer being manufactured according to wording (生産終了) on the Nintendo accessories page.

Seems a bit weird that they are ending the standard grey joy-cons. I can understand them pulling the plug on the red ones though. I always seen them as a limited edition for when Mario Odyssey was released and i'm surprised they hung around long after the launch.

31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Seems a bit weird that they are ending the standard grey joy-cons. I can understand them pulling the plug on the red ones though. I always seen them as a limited edition for when Mario Odyssey was released and i'm surprised they hung around long after the launch.

I think pulling the grey ones has something to do with their popularity compared with others. At least in my sphere (and from what I've seen here, and in most other places) I almost never hear about or see people separately picking up a pair grey of joy-cons, it's almost always a coloured variation that I've seen people go for when picking up spares or replacing old joy-cons. 

I'm really surprised about the red variant sticking around for so long too, that's exactly how I saw them. Not really surprised about Neon Yellow though, never been the biggest fan of the look of those, though they've stuck around for quite a while too, I seem to remember them being from quite early on? 

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, all of these variants are from Switch's Year 1. I wonder if they figure it's time to finally roll out a new, wide range of joy-con colours, with a greater variety of packed-in variants with games and consoles too? 

joy-con-ending-production-Japan-Nintendo-1024x520.png
Production has ended on several Nintendo Switch Joy-Con colours with the Nintendo Switch Grey, Neon Yellow, and Red Joy-Con Controller Sets (L+R) all no longer being manufactured according to wording (生産終了) on the Nintendo accessories page.

That’s my exact collection of JoyCons, old school.
  • Haha 1

Yeah the grey must be sales related. Until recently I'd been using the red ones, ever since Odyssey came out, love them. Hopefully we'll get new colours in the latter half of the year.

A new 3D skater had been announced, Skater XL. Looks alright although it's weird that all the environments are empty. Guess in the game everyone has to stay inside as well? 

Anyway, I'm ready for a new 3D skater to fill that THPS gap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2