NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Who the hell does April Fools 3 days early!? (Or 3 weeks early in Platinum’s case!) What the hell man!?

Don't know if this is a joke, or if this is coming to Switch, but this looks sweet!

7 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Don't know if this is a joke, or if this is coming to Switch, but this looks sweet!

Yeah, I think it's a joke and a very cruel one at that. :( 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Who the hell does April Fools 3 days early!? (Or 3 weeks early in Platinum’s case!) What the hell man!?

Yeah, I didn't believe the Flipnote thing for a second.

Have you tried doing precise drawings on a Switch screen? Even with a top-of-the-range stylus, it's impossible to draw anything accurately. Flipnote isn't happening on the Switch.

Y'all got played.

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I think it's a joke and a very cruel one at that. :( 

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Aww, looks great. I hate April's Fool. Why is this still a thing?

Tsk... all these sites and companies doing April Fools stuff. :nono:

At least you can count on N-Europe for serious, quality Nintendo content. :D

Oh by the way, did everyone know that this year marks the 20th anniversary of a certain beloved Nintendo character? ;)

content-4-36195-202020thanniversaynintendocharacterbanner.jpg

2020 is the 20th anniversary for one of the most beloved Nintendo characters

In the year of 2020, we celebrate the birthday of one of the most beloved Nintendo characters. Check inside for a special celebratory article.

Thanks to @RedShell for the brilliant banner :D and also thanks to @Ashley @Jonnas @Vileplume2000 and everyone else who contributed. :peace:

We would have got this article up sooner but still, we hope that you'll enjoy this wahderful article. :smile:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

The retrospective turned out great :) Lots of Gamecube goodness there. Surprisingly few handheld appearances, though.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yep it was a joke after all. Although they mentioned these are genuine ideas they pitched to Disney, but Disney just said no.

• Like 1

Word doing the rounds is that the rumoured Paper Mario will be a return to the classic RPG format of the N64 and GC games. Any attempt they make to do a proper sequel to Thousand Year Door would make my year - one of the best RPGs ever that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

This was revealed in the Direct Mini last week. 

How did I miss that? I'm pretty sure I was paying attention to it too...

Oh wait no, I'm thinking of the Indie thing from a few weeks ago (which I watched last week). 

Anyway, looking forward to it too. And glad it's not a Nintendo game as they would make you use each Joy- Con as one of the thrusters with motion control. 

50 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Anyway, looking forward to it too. And glad it's not a Nintendo game as they would make you use each Joy- Con as one of the thrusters with motion control. 

That's going to upset a lot of F-Zero fans..

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

That's going to upset a lot of F-Zero fans..

I'm sure they're more upset at Nintendo for not making a game in over a decade than my comment so as long as I can stay on that line I think I'll live :p 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I'm sure they're more upset at Nintendo for not making a game in over a decade than my comment so as long as I can stay on that line I think I'll live :p 

Yeah but can you imagine the sad faces when they do announce it? :laughing:

Huh. 

Being silly on April Fool's if you're going to have something soon after makes more sense than annoying everyone with just an April Fool's joke, I guess? 

Took part in Image&Form Games giveaway last week. Entered for a Switch copy of SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech and I just got a code :bouncy:

Have been interested in this game since it's announcement. Pretty excited :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aww, entered that as well but it seems I was too late then as I didn't get any mail.

I treated myself to the gorgeous purple and orange joy-con combo, which arrived today. The main reason for doing this is that I was experiencing pretty awful joy-con drift and so handheld play was still possible but a real chore. I know we're under lockdown etc., but does anyone know if there's much chance Nintendo will replace my original joy-con once this is all over? It won't be under warranty as I got my Switch on launch day. Just wondered if anyone else had experience of this with Nintendo recently.

1 hour ago, Tim B said:

I treated myself to the gorgeous purple and orange joy-con combo, which arrived today. The main reason for doing this is that I was experiencing pretty awful joy-con drift and so handheld play was still possible but a real chore. I know we're under lockdown etc., but does anyone know if there's much chance Nintendo will replace my original joy-con once this is all over? It won't be under warranty as I got my Switch on launch day. Just wondered if anyone else had experience of this with Nintendo recently.

They probably will fix it, but you'll have to pay, seeing as only America gets the free replacements.

Is this FOR REAL?! And sorry if I missed this elsewhere on the forum!

tldr: ("sources" reporting) Mario 64, Sunshine, 3D World and Galaxy coming to Switch.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/switch-remasters-of-classic-marios-reportedly-comi/1100-6475380/#comments-block-33488990

I missed 3D World and Galaxy and would be more than happy to buy them on Switch!

Or have a been the victim of an April Fool that's not got April 1st in the article date? xD

Edited by Sckewi

13 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Is this FOR REAL?! And sorry if I missed this elsewhere on the forum!

tldr: ("sources" reporting) Mario 64, Sunshine, 3D World and Galaxy coming to Switch.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/switch-remasters-of-classic-marios-reportedly-comi/1100-6475380/#comments-block-33488990

I missed 3D World and Galaxy and would be more than happy to buy them on Switch!

Or have a been the victim of an April Fool that's not got April 1st in the article date? xD

Well it wasn't an April fools, but it hasn't been announced yet officially.

That's the current rumour swirling around.  If they are planning on announcing this, it would no doubt be at their upcoming E3 Direct though.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Nintendo Japan has launched a Customization Program on their site where you can choose what colour Joycons you get with your Switch bundle, among a few other things:

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/customize.html

Would be interesting if this option showed up in Europe and America

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Nintendo Japan has launched a Customization Program on their site where you can choose what colour Joycons you get with your Switch bundle, among a few other things:

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/customize.html

Would be interesting if this option showed up in Europe and America

I wonder if there's an option as to whether you can have drift with your Joycons or not? :p 

• Haha 4
  • Weird 1