NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

17 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Today could/should be when we get a Nintendo Direct announcement, right? Either today or tomorrow, if that leaker is to be believed anyway.

Could be, or it could not be

15 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Everything+crossed.jpg

Not sure whether to laugh or cry after seeing this :laughing:

• Haha 1

Needs a ResetEra sign above him. Actually if it was ResetEra it wouldn't be a he it'd be a they

Edited by Ronnie

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Needs a ResetEra sign above him. Actually if it was ResetEra it wouldn't be a he it'd be a they

Resetera isn’t / aren’t hoping for a direct, it’s / they’re DEMANDING one 😂

If one doesn’t get announced today it will be the BIGGEST most obscene outrage since 12.31pm.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mental, and if it’s on the 26th as rumoured, it won’t be announced until tomorrow. Lots of angry fanboys tonight.

28 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

If one doesn’t get announced today it will be the BIGGEST most obscene outrage since 12.31pm.  

Resetera is a singular entity so aren't isn't valid. Singular they (they're) is fine though. 

(Trying to reclaim some grammar rep after I made mistakes in a draft review in the staff forum 😋)

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

"BIGGEST" could be construed as transphobic. 19 week ban for you.

• Sad 1

Should be announced tomorrow.

NDs are usually announced one day in advance.

4 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I'm now kind of hoping we don't get one. A meltdown would be more entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always thought NDs were announced two days in advance, and game specific or Indie ones were sometimes 1 day before. Maybe that’s changed more recently. 

Yeah I feel like they're announced like 46 hours in advance.

39 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I always thought NDs were announced two days in advance, and game specific or Indie ones were sometimes 1 day before. Maybe that’s changed more recently. 

It has been almost seven months since we've had a proper direct. What is the "recently" you speak of...?

:cry:

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Sheikah said:
On 23/03/2020 at 7:10 PM, Jon said:
Yeah checked Argos, no joy with the Switch but managed to order a Lite for collection tomorrow...if they're still open.

They won't be now...

Yeah...Managed to get one for home delivery from Smyths! fortunately 

Good news for those for us who miss Nintendo gaming magazines. From NintendoLife.

ET9m9GyWoAE1ilH?format=jpg&name=small

Former Super Play illustrator and current Rare staffer Wil Overton has announced on Twitter than he's part of a team which is creating that most uncommon of beasts: a Nintendo-centric print magazine.

The excellently-named 'Falcon Punch' will boast Overton's trademark anime-style artwork and will aim to cover features and reviews rather than the latest news – a wise move, given that print media is comprehensively outpaced by online these days. The rest of the team are Chris Smith (of RetroCollect and Maximum Power Up fame), Lee Garbutt (of PugHoof Gaming fame – he also used to contribute to this very site) and Danny Major (who spoke to GoldenEye developer David Doak on our behalf not so long ago).

Overton has told us that the team is still trying to find the right balance in terms of content, but the magazine will cover all eras of Nintendo history and will have a particular focus on community engagement (just like the good old days, when magazines were packed with reader artwork and letters asking silly questions about which console was best).

That means stuff like homebrew content, game mods, cosplay, homemade Nintendo craftwork and community art, which could make Falcon Punch a pretty unique publication in the world of Nintendo.

It will even have a cast of characters behind it, as was the case with some of the other magazines Overton worked on during his time at Future Publishing:

The magazine is still in production, but you can follow the team via the Falcon Punch Twitter account. We'll be running a full interview with the guys behind it soon, so watch this space.

I love the Captain N art. I'll be certainly keeping a close eye on this one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 24/03/2020 at 6:06 PM, Sméagol said:

I'm now kind of hoping we don't get one. A meltdown would be more entertaining.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, it's been a hilarious read. Insiders scrambling for excuses, Era members kicking off left and right, theories of a surprise drop tomorrow and toys being thrown out of prams. I love a good train wreck. :D 

• Thanks 1

My left joy con is drifting again. A few times this week while playing Animal Crossing I thought I saw my villager twitch a little bit, hoped it was just my imagination but just now witnessed it very slowly creep of its own volition. I think I can put up with it for a while, I'm only playing Animal Crossing on Switch for the moment (and if I play anything more intensive I can just use the pro controller) but it's pretty annoying. 

@euroninfan It is an issue with the analogue stick on the joy con. It thinks the stick is being pushed when it isn't, making the character or cursor move on screen when you don't want it to. In a game like AC it's not too bad, given the slow pace of the game, but for games where pin point reactions are key it can make them borderline unplayable.

Never seen the appeal of Flipnote myself but I'm sure a couple of people on here will like this to be true. If true, bit weird that it wasn't in the Direct.

Should remind people that you can actually now get Apple Pencil esc Active Stylus' that actually work on Switch; like this one here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Active-Stylus-iPad-Pen-Touchscreen-Silver/dp/B079H2S6PC

I have a simlar one to this model and it works just as well as a traditional stylus on the DS/3DS. Trust me, you're going to want one if you plan to make anything with Flipnote Studio!

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If true, bit weird that it wasn't in the Direct.

I feel like the Direct was a cobbled together show by the time of release, with delays etc and the "one more thing" being a recap on Pokemon DLC (and even then not much info) suggests something was up with the whole show. Probably saving a lot for June when they said the'd reveal the Smash ARMS character.

Edited by Ronnie

Someone on one of the Nintendo podcasts I listen to said that Nintendo always seems to have a fairly big game scheduled for a June release.

2017 - ARMS

2018 - Mario Tennis Aces

2019 - Super Mario Maker 2

2020 - ?

I could see a release of Super Mario 3D World Deluxe fitting quite nicely there. Might depend on whether or not there's a Super Mario Odyssey 2 or similar scheduled for later in the year though.