NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Nintendo supports the ESA's decision to cancel this year's E3 to help protect the health and safety of everyone in our industry--our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners. We would like to express our concern and support for all those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak during this challenging time.

We"ll continue to be flexible and redirect our efforts to other ways of keeping our fans up to date about our activities and products. Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, large industry events may be untenable for the foreseeable future. But we are considering various ways to engage with our fans and will have more to share as the year continues.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/nintendo_responds_to_cancellation_of_e3_2020_says_it_will_consider_various_ways_to_engage_with_fans

• Thanks 1

I’m looking for headset advise.

My daughter has recently got into Fortnite and wants to talk with her cousin (who plays on his XBox). Can this be achieved on the Switch via a standard gaming headset? And if so can it be wireless, or does it have to be wired?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers...

8 minutes ago, Phube said:

I’m looking for headset advise.

My daughter has recently got into Fortnite and wants to talk with her cousin (who plays on his XBox). Can this be achieved on the Switch via a standard gaming headset? And if so can it be wireless, or does it have to be wired?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers...

AFAIK it can be wireless if there is a dongle that goes into the 3.5mm jack. Pure Bluetooth headphones aren't supported by the Switch. 

• Thanks 1

Think it was @Hero of Time that expressed interest in OddWorld: Stranger's Wrath physical on Switch.

More details.

Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants have dated the physical version of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD for Switch. It’ll be out on May 26 in North America and May 28 in Europe.

https://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/oddworld-limited-edition.jpg

Edited by londragon
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, londragon said:

Think it was @Hero of Time that expressed interest in OddWorld: Stranger's Wrath physical on Switch.

More details.

Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants have dated the physical version of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD for Switch. It’ll be out on May 26 in North America and May 28 in Europe.

oddworld-limited-edition.jpg

There is a trailer for it, too:

Silly question but there's no way to dock to a TV without the dock, right?

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Silly question but there's no way to dock to a TV without the dock, right?

Nada.  Zilch.  None.

• Like 1

I figured as much but wanted to check just in case there was a way as I may end up stuck somewhere for a while!

@Ashleyi suppose this is a bit late. but theres a thing called a dongii its aportable switch dock . it cost between $29-$65 its about twice the size of a match box. it was strated on kickstarter a while back and i think its availble  now . theres a review of it on another nintendo forum called "nintendo life" its an independent review  have a look its exactley what your looking for. or check kickstarter...

Bought this just now for a fiver.

Spent some time with the tutorial and my goodness, there are about a million mechanics to get to grips with :D Menus are a little cumbersome but it'll probably be ok after getting used to them.

Decided to start Cuphead solo and Thea: The Awakening seems to be a nice change of pace. These two games will keep me busy until I get Tangledeep in two weeks :D 

That confirms the rumour then.

Next main Nintendo Direct is on March 26th.

It's actually pretty late. Nintendo normally don't allow their schedule to be left with no announced release dates whatsoever; so it's possible that they might actually announce a release date for Xenoblade Definitive Edition this week, before Animal Crossing New Horizons launches.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 3

How do I check the status of my online subscription? I have no idea if it’s still active or not.

How do I check the status of my online subscription? I have no idea if it’s still active or not.

Not 100% sure, but in the eShop there’s an online subscription menu. If it’s anywhere, it’d be there.
  • Thanks 1

@Glen-i & @Dcubed

I dunno what's in the new Jackbox apart from this, but apparently they're also releasing this as a standalone. Could be interesting, as this and Fibbage are my favs, but I'm not really interested in the rest.

• Thanks 1

The system transfer feature on the Switch is incredibly easy and fast (though obviously re-downloading all that eShop software takes a while!). 

But even something like transferring screenshots... I put the SD card from the old Switch into the new one and it told me it needed to be formatted for the new system so I thought urgh, I'll need to copy the screenshots from my mac over, but no it kept them on it + the save data. :)

On 18/03/2020 at 10:37 PM, Sméagol said:

@Glen-i & @Dcubed

I dunno what's in the new Jackbox apart from this, but apparently they're also releasing this as a standalone. Could be interesting, as this and Fibbage are my favs, but I'm not really interested in the rest.

That’s awesome! Great to FINALLY see Jackbox Games taking the world outside of the USA seriously! :D 

Anyone happen to know when the Switch is gonna be back in stock? Seem to be sold out everywhere - appreciate this might be somewhat coronavirus related but most other consoles and games seem fairly well stocked.

Edited by Jon

19 minutes ago, Jon said:

Anyone happen to know when the Switch is gonna be back in stock? Seem to be sold out everywhere - appreciate this might be somewhat coronavirus related but most other consoles and games seem fairly well stocked.

Nintendo have been having stock issues for a few weeks now and that's before the release of Animal Crossing. It could be a while before it's more widely available.

17 hours ago, Jon said:

Have you looked at your local Argos stores? Of the 2 Argos stores near me, 1 has stock now and the other has them in stock in 2 days. I guess it also depends whether you want a Switch or Switch Lite. They could probably arrange delivery for you to avoid going out.

Edited by Sheikah

5 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Have you looked at your local Argos stores? Of the 2 Argos stores near me, 1 has stock now and the other has them in stock in 2 days. I guess it also depends whether you want a Switch or Switch Lite. They could probably arrange delivery for you to avoid going out.

Yeah checked Argos, no joy with the Switch but managed to order a Lite for collection tomorrow...if they're still open.

Yeah checked Argos, no joy with the Switch but managed to order a Lite for collection tomorrow...if they're still open.
They won't be now...

Today could/should be when we get a Nintendo Direct announcement, right? Either today or tomorrow, if that leaker is to be believed anyway.

15 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Today could/should be when we get a Nintendo Direct announcement, right? Either today or tomorrow, if that leaker is to be believed anyway.

Everything+crossed.jpg

• Haha 2