NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Love to see Catherine, one of those PS3 games I wanted.

And Xcom.. I've wanted that since launch. I've bought the dlc in the Steam winter sale, and I've been playing it back then, though I'm currently doing other games, though I had a Iron man campaign that was going well (on normal though).

THAT'S XCOM BABY

I've ended up pre-ordering Metro Redux. I wasn't going to as I have access to play them again on other consoles but just as with The Witcher 3, I just want to have them as I love the series and want to support the developers as it sounds like 4A Games have done a great job porting the games over themselves in house. I also wanted those pins that are part of the pre-order bonus though. They'll go alongside my Metro Exodus compass I got alongside that game.

Digital Foundry did a tech analysis of the game and from that, it seems to be a great port so anyone who hasn't tried them but has been interested, you should definitely pick them up. Sure, they'll end up being more expensive on the Switch when they're frequently on sale on the other consoles (I've seen them individually for £3.99 many times and the Redux collection for just under £6) but these are definitely games worth playing if you loved that era of cinematic FPS titles that mixed in a fair amount of stealth and variability for how to approach situations. I also think the game aesthetically looks great.

Can't wait to play through them again. Really need to also get round to the expansions for Exodus. Probably jump back into that after running through these as a complete play through of the series.

• Like 2

A physical release for Cat Quest I and II is coming:

Which reminds me I need to pick up CQ1 in the sale, I think it's quite heavily discounted on the eshop.

• Like 1

content-4-36150-dangerousdriving2banner.jpg

Dangerous Driving 2 announced for the Nintendo Switch

I'm personally very excited for this one as I loved the first game. :D

While it wasn't quite that well polished at launch, the team at Three Fields Entertainment did an excellent job at bringing the Burnout spirit to the first game.

Here's hoping that they can work wonders again with the sequel Dangerous Driving 2 which will be appearing for the first time on the Nintendo Switch in 2020. :)

Check the article on the main page for a little bit of info from the press release and a write-up of reasonable length owing to my time spent with the first game. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 20/02/2020 at 8:20 AM, S.C.G said:

content-4-36150-dangerousdriving2banner.jpg

Dangerous Driving 2 announced for the Nintendo Switch

I'm personally very excited for this one as I loved the first game. :D

While it wasn't quite that well polished at launch, the team at Three Fields Entertainment did an excellent job at bringing the Burnout spirit to the first game.

Here's hoping that they can work wonders again with the sequel Dangerous Driving 2 which will be appearing for the first time on the Nintendo Switch in 2020. :)

Check the article on the main page for a little bit of info from the press release and a write-up of reasonable length owing to my time spent with the first game. :peace:

Lovely stuff, I'm gagging for some Burnout style driving. Keep us updated.

• Thanks 1

New PlatinumGames project announced.

PlatinumGames has lifted the lid on a brand new game currently known as 'Project GG', a title set to be directed by Bayonetta and The Wondeful 101 director, Hideki Kamiya

The news comes from the latest issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu, where it has been revealed that Project GG is a brand new PlatinumGames IP that the company will self-publish. Reportedly, the studio's new partner Tencent offered to publish the title, but Platinum turned the offer down in favour of having full control and ownership of the game.

In an interview with Famitsu, Kamiya says that the game is "Platinum challenging what [the company] hasn’t challenged before”, adding that “If Viewtiful Joe is like a Kamen Rider transformation, [and] if Wonderful 101 is a squadron, Project G.G. is like a huge hero.”

Edited by Nicktendo
Added trailer
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately named project for Taiwan. Chicken is pronounced Gee. And 2 together, GG, is a childish name for the penis, or Shoa Gee, or little Chicken.
Project Penis, nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So Taiwanese gamers don't end their online games with "GG" then I take it?

Not without a schoolboy chuckle, as well.
  • Weird 1

2 hours ago, londragon said:

Unfortunately named project for Taiwan. Chicken is pronounced Gee. And 2 together, GG, is a childish name for the penis, or Shoa Gee, or little Chicken.
Project Penis, nice.

You think that's bad? Sega means masturbation in Italy.

Seeeeeeeeeeeega.

One of my favourite gaming facts!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

New PlatinumGames project announced.

It's literally Ultraman lol!

Looks like a fab concept! I'm in :D 

1, Viewtiful

2, Wonderful

3, Gigantiful?

content-4-36159-platinumgamesnewsbanner.jpg

Platinum Games news roundup The Wonderful 101 release date and Project G.G. announced

Platinum Games news... get your Platinum Games news here! :D

Two pieces of news relating to Platinum Games on the same day, what better opportunity to put two press releases and trailers into one article? ;)

And it's efficient... as you only need to check out one news piece, I'm saving you clicks here. :p

(OK, I just didn't want to post another article) :indeed:

Anyway, Project G.G. looks like a potentially Good Game. :peace:

• Like 1

On 26/02/2020 at 1:16 PM, londragon said:

Project Penis, nice.

So, the English equivalent would be Project P.P.?

• Haha 1

So, the English equivalent would be Project P.P.?

Another one for Taiwan. Arse is Pee Goo in Chinese, or PP as a cute child friendly name. GG and PP fill the ears of children in class all the time, .
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

One for fans of the arcade racing genre.

With Sumo Digital developing the game it should be pretty good.

Saw the trailer for this on Wednesday. Despite being a bit of a visual rip-off of Cafe favourite Horizon Chase Turbo, this looks great. Will keep an eye on it. 

• Like 1

Devolver Digital announced Sludge Life as coming to Switch and PC (via the Epic Game Store) soon.

SLUDGE LIFE is a first-person open world vandalism-centric stroll through a polluted island full of cranky idiots and a vibe so thick you can taste it.

Roam a tiny island stuck on a sludge covered planet as upcoming tagger GHOST, a breezy bandit set on staking their claim amongst the graffiti elite. Traverse the corporately branded landscape, link up with other taggers, and steal junk and hearts along the way. Will you become the king of the island and tag every open inch, infiltrate sludge-pumping corporation GLUG, or just take it all down in flames with you?

* Experience the thrills of vandalism from the safety of your computer.

* Curiosity and free will are your only motivators - roll as you please through a tiny open-world.

* Find and download apps to your laptop and waste your life away playing a game within a game.

* Smoke Ciggy Cigs brand cigarettes. Smoke ‘em up real good.

* Take photos of exotic fauna and ambivalent NPCs.

* Dedicated fart button.

* A huge baby, community basketball court, and a cat with two buttholes. [no extra charge]

* Three distinct endings and pretty robust credits.

Another typically weird game from them but could be fun.

• Thanks 1

N-Eaction:  A New Season Pass Approaches! 

content-2-36165-neactionanewseasonpassapproachessidebox.jpg

With the recent announcement of the Fighters Pass Vol.2 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate plus other DLC we thought it was time to talk about DLC and season passes.

In it we look at what we don't like about DLC in general, what are the best ways of adding more content to games and why Smash seems to be in its own category alltogether.

Thanks to @Glen-i  @Vileplume2000 @Jonnas & @Nicktendo for their contributions and @RedShell for making some excellent graphics with just the right amount of intrigue. :D

Enjoy and let us know what you think about Nintendo's current approach to Season Passes and what you think about DLC in general.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Anybody here who played this?

The game's DLC is set to release on Switch quite soon and I'm tempted to get it all when it's released. Maybe someone here can give me some impressions.