NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

It's a shame that most exclusives I've played were mediocre. But it can only get better :p 

What's your definition of mediocre? 

36 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

What's your definition of mediocre? 

Breath of the Wild

tenor.gif

:p 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

@drahkon Have you got Luigi's Mansion 3 yet?

Nope, but will eventually give it a go. Not sure when, though.

On 31/01/2020 at 8:39 PM, Ronnie said:

Is splatoon 2 anygood. I'v  seen the game play . But how does the gameplay work is it anygood ?

:blank:

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I knew that was coming. :laughing:

If he didn't say it, I would have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Breath of the Wild

tenor.gif

:p 

I was about to say, between Glen, Dcubed, and H-o-T, this is one place on the internet where that take isn't that hot :heh:

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I was about to say, between Glen, Dcubed, and H-o-T, this is one place on the internet where that take isn't that hot :heh:

I like to think that makes N-Europe true visionaries of our time.

• Haha 4
  • Weird 1

Last week seen the end of stock issues for both the Switch itself and various games. This has impacted the charts and a bunch of Switch games have had an increase in sales, with Ring Fit Adventure seeing the biggest boost and shooting back into the top 10.

One Nintendo game that had been absent from retail shelves was Ring Fit Adventure. The fitness game is now back in stock and has returned to the GfK charts at No.7 with an 822% increase in sales week-on-week. It's a similar story for Minecraft on Switch. The game had been languishing outside of the Top 40 until last week's chart (where it returned at No.25), and this week the game has jumped 197% in sales and is now at No.6.

Of course, the biggest Switch physical game remains Mario Kart 8: Deluxe, which is at No.3 after a 19% increase in physical sales week-on-week.

Other successful Switch games this week include Luigi's Mansion 3 at No.8 (up 19%), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No.10 (up 25%), Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games at No.11 (up 21%) and Pokémon Sword at No.12 (up 31%). Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (No.19), New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (No.20), Pokémon Shield (No.21), Super Mario Odyssey (No.24), The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (No.25), Super Mario Maker 2 (No.26) and Super Mario Party (no.29), also saw a bump in sales week-on-week.

In total, there are 15 Switch exclusives games in the GfK physical Top 40.

Ring Fit Adventure could have sold so much more worldwide if stock hadn't been an issue. Still, i'm happy for it's success and it's one of the most Nintendo style games that the company has created this generation. I imagine now that stock has been replensihed that it will continue to do well in the coming weeks...

VainPossibleAmurratsnake-size_restricted

Crazy to see Nintendo performing so well over here in the UK. It reminds me of the Wii/DS days. Good times.

• Like 1

An incredible turnaround from the Wii U. And Animal Crossing isn't even out yet, that'll be another 15 million sales.

Then throw in round two of Zelda, 3D Mario, maybe Splatoon and Mario Kart...

As for quirky innovative "Nintendo" like games, Labo was ultimately a miss, so it's good to see Ring Fit doing well. They've got a good mix of those types of experiences, hardcore games, multiplayer games, indies and a few big third party titles.

Edited by Ronnie

content-4-36127-saintsrowivreelectedbanner.jpg

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is coming to the Nintendo Switch in March

Add another port of a game which Nintendo platform owners didn't get until now.

I heard that the port of the third game was... less than optimal, let's hope this one is a bit more polished. :smile:

Not picking this up personally, but it's good that Switch owners have the option of buying this at least.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-36127-saintsrowivreelectedbanner.jpg

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is coming to the Nintendo Switch in March

Add another port of a game which Nintendo platform owners didn't get until now.

I heard that the port of the third game was... less than optimal, let's hope this one is a bit more polished. :smile:

Not picking this up personally, but it's good that Switch owners have the option of buying this at least.

I most probably won't pick this up as I own it on on Steam, but I had a lot of fun with it back when it came out. Highlight of it was hacking into Keith Davids Nightmare with Roddy Piper to see him being forced to re-live the fight from the Movie 'They Live' over and over and having to rescue him.

Also, having my character and a passenger sing along to Opposites attract by Paula Abdul on the radio, in full out of nowhere, was pretty great too.

• Haha 2

Still going to boycott them :indeed:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/frostbite_engine_support_for_nintendo_switch_might_still_happen_according_to_new_ea_job_listing

Last month, EA's COO Blake Jorgensen said the company had more plans for the Switch and was "always" communicating with Nintendo about what else it could bring to the hybrid system. Other EA representatives have made similar comments in the past, but so far we've only seen games like Unravel Two and watered-down versions of FIFA.

If Electronic Arts does plan to roll out more games on Nintendo's latest hardware, where's the proof? According to the Youtuber Doctre81, who has made a name for himself sifting through LinkedIn profiles, rumours about the third-party giant bringing its Frostbite engine to the Switch could still be a thing.

EA's Motive Studios is seeking a Rendering Engineer to work on a "beloved and revered" IP and requires an individual who has experience with multiple platforms including the Nintendo Switch. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1

If it's EA Motive Studios then it's a good chance it's Star Wars related. They've only worked on Battlefront and apparently have another Star Wars game cooking. They could be trying to get that running on Switch hardware.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

EA are a vindictive bunch and I'm sure that they would like nothing more than to see Nintendo crash and burn after they rejected their hostile attempt to trojan horse Origin as the replacement for Wii U's eShop...

EA aint gonna be supporting Nintendo again for a LONG time...

Now what IS an interesting concept is the idea of Rockstar now possibly supporting Nintendo/Switch with the departure of Dan Houser... With him gone, that's one huge barrier to support coming to Nintendo platforms out of the way! (The other big potential barrier being Sam Houser... but if Take Two are now starting to wrestle power away from the Houser Brothers? Perhaps it's actually possible now!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm double/triple-dipping with every roguelike ever. Just bought Dead Cells and the upcoming DLC.

NEED HELP :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

do I not get my nintendo points for buying a new switch and I just bought yet another zombie defence , really good game

Edited by euroninfan

ResetEra had their traditional meltdown today, counting down the seconds until 2pm when a Nintendo Direct could have been announced... then grabbing their pitchforks/slashing their wrists when it didn't happen, complete with the funny-the-first-time-not-so-much-the-seven-thousandth-time "Reset the clock" gif of Idris Elba :indeed:

• Haha 1

So, I’ve preordered the Animal Crossing Switch for my missus, as she loved New Leaf and I don’t want her hogging my Switch when it comes out. Thing is, I wouldn’t mind the game myself. I think this Switch comes with a download code for the game. Would I be able to use it to download on mine and then share my entire game library with her, similar to how you can on Xbox? Or would I need to buy my own copy of the game?

25 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

So, I’ve preordered the Animal Crossing Switch for my missus, as she loved New Leaf and I don’t want her hogging my Switch when it comes out. Thing is, I wouldn’t mind the game myself. I think this Switch comes with a download code for the game. Would I be able to use it to download on mine and then share my entire game library with her, similar to how you can on Xbox? Or would I need to buy my own copy of the game?

Actually, you can share it with one person. @Dcubed explained as much here.

Basically, if you own a digital copy of a game, you can share it with one other person.

You just need to download the game to both Switches using your user account.  Then if you want to both play the one copy at the same time, log into your Secondary Switch as the user that purchased the game and then, on the Primary Switch, you can start up the game using any account other than the one that purchased the game.  Voila! You are now sharing the one copy of the game across two Switches.

• Thanks 1

It looks like both Catherine: Full Body Edition and X-Com 2 are heading to Switch. They've been rated over in Korea.

Xcom 2 would be a cool get for the console, though the ever expanding save file issue and extended load times the more you play a save file could be atrocious if the port isn't handled well (both issues are still there on the other consoles I believe).

With these two and the Bioshock collection reappearing, a Direct must be on the horizon. I'm hoping so as my Switch hasn't seen much use this year yet bar a handful of indie games and I'm not majorly fussed for Animal Crossing. That said, I may still pick up Metro Redux as the ports are supposedly well done by 4A Games so there's that. But yeah, I'd suspect a direct is brewing soon.