NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

10 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@drayton what are you giving away ?😃

It's @Goron_3, and he's giving away copies of Yoshi's Crafted World, which I would very much appreciate, please.

On 08/01/2020 at 10:00 AM, Goron_3 said:

I only need 1 copy so I'll share the rest out if anyone wants to play the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5545058

Wow I feel like such an idiot for not checking this thread yesterday evening. I left the same post on Reddit about a minute after I purchased all my Yoshi copies and immediately sold them each for $10. They cost me £0.62 each!

I intended to immediately purchase more but Target fixed the error and now each copy costs $60. Apologies for getting anyones hopes up :( In hindsight I should have purchased about 10 copies more but I thought it was too good to be true.

If it makes anyone feel better, I sold the code that I intended to use by accident so ironically I'll need to wait for a sale to buy the game. Fml.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Weird 1

Skull_Co_GripCase_6_1200x1200.jpg

The Skull & Co. GripCase just arrived and it is amazing. Playing in handheld mode is so much better with it. My wrists kept hurting after 30 minutes of playtime without the case. Not anymore, now that I use this.

It's also dock friendly, but it does need a little more pressure and finesse to push the Switch into the dock.

Skull & Co. has a new customer :D I'll most likely buy their custom dock if it's still on sale next month. :peace: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Skull_Co_GripCase_6_1200x1200.jpg

The Skull & Co. GripCase just arrived and it is amazing. Playing in handheld mode is so much better with it. My wrists kept hurting after 30 minutes of playtime without the case. Not anymore, now that I use this.

It's also dock friendly, but it does need a little more pressure and finesse to push the Switch into the dock.

Skull & Co. has a new customer :D I'll most likely buy their custom dock if it's still on sale next month. :peace: 

How much was it?

#toolazytolook

Not directly Switch related but close enough.

That's Ninty's latest recruitment pamphlet. Got some nice official artwork in there. And not just nice and official artwork. Nice, official artwork of Wart of all characters. Why the hell is he chatting to Daisy? Maybe he's asking how she snuck into Smash.

Anyway, Wart content means I'm duty bound to shout out to @markderoos

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well! I guess that means that Wart is confirmed to be the 5th Smash DLC character now!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Well! I guess that means that Wart is confirmed to be the 5th Smash DLC character now!

Don’t do this to me!!!

• Haha 3

Quite an impressive mod, I guess there are plenty of people who wouldn't mind if Nintendo released these along with GC VC!

• Like 1

There were some interesting stats released last week in regards to the sheer amount of games being released on the Switch. 

This highlights the problem of the eShop storefront that a few of us on here have discussed in the past. The place is being completely bogged down with garbage. Given the lack of physical games that gets released on the system, as well as the lack of large amount of high profile titles, it stands to reason that the majority of the games being released on the platform are just quick cash ins and ported mobile games. I really do wish that the Nintendo, as well as the other platform holders, would sort their digital shops out and stop them being flooded with tripe. The jump between 2018 and 2019 is staggering. :eek:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Given the lack of physical games that gets released on the system, as well as the lack of large amount of high profile titles

:confused:

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

:confused:

He's right. Physical games just aren't as common compared to previous Nintendo consoles. And that's before we even get to the whole "Physical case includes download code for half the game" some companies love to do.

I keep hearing criticism of the eShop. So at the moment there's...

Search: by title, genre, price range, demo, DLC and a few other filters

Discover: A curated set of featured games

Recent Releases: Everything, updated once a week

Current offers: Games on sale

Charts: Categorised by all releases and download-only

Coming Soon: future releases

They already curate games and push the best ones to you, including everytime you wake the device up on the left hand side. I'll take the barebones design over the bloated, slow mess that is the PS4 store. The Nintendo one is fast, easy to navigate, easy to purchase. I don't really get the issue tbh. At launch, of course, but it's been upgraded so much it seems perfectly fine to me.

Edited by Ronnie

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

He's right. Physical games just aren't as common compared to previous Nintendo consoles. And that's before we even get to the whole "Physical case includes download code for half the game" some companies love to do.

Just thought it was a bit weird hearing about a lack of high profile titles, coming out of 2019

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They already curate games and push the best ones to you, including everytime you wake the device up on the left hand side. I'll take the barebones design over the bloated, slow mess that is the PS4 store. The Nintendo one is fast, easy to navigate, easy to purchase. I don't really get the issue tbh. At launch, of course, but it's been upgraded so much it seems perfectly fine to me.

Maybe so, but the Switch eShop is still a step back compared to the 3DS and WiiU one. It's no good being faster, if it can't even provide as nice an experience as previous eShops.

And the searching capabilities suck, it's hard to find a particular game, especially if it came out more than a few weeks ago. If you didn't add something to your wishlist, (a feature that's easily missed, it's so small) good luck tracking it down in the future!

47 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Maybe so, but the Switch eShop is still a step back compared to the 3DS and WiiU one. It's no good being faster, if it can't even provide as nice an experience as previous eShops.

And the searching capabilities suck, it's hard to find a particular game, especially if it came out more than a few weeks ago. If you didn't add something to your wishlist, (a feature that's easily missed, it's so small) good luck tracking it down in the future!

I just don't understand the "there's so much crap on the eShop, the good titles get lost" argument. Nintendo literally curate the best games and push them to you (on the store, on the wake screen, on social media, and on their Indie showcases). Maybe the design could do with a bit of updating, but in terms of features, it seems like they're doing all they can.

It's completely misleading trying to compare Wii software releases with Switch, given they're 11 years apart. There are far, far more games being made nowadays than back then so of course software releases are going to be higher now. The Switch is flying off the shelves, there's going to be people desperate to put games on it, but as long as the curation works, then I don't see a problem. 

And how can you talk about the Switch eShop search being bad but then praise the 3DS? It was like pulling teeth to search and find games you were looking for on that thing, and the results screen was a joke. The Wii U eshop was fine from what I can remember, similar features as the Switch, just with oversized buttons everywhere. More personality for sure, but functionally it was at most similar.

Edited by Ronnie

Adding user ratings would really help a lot, I think. I don't think it's that big of a problem but I do a lot of research online before going onto the eShop - actually I buy most of my games from the online storefront and not directly from the Switch - but I believe that someone less informed about the games might be a tad confused and overwhelmed by the amount of content.

12 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Adding user ratings would really help a lot, I think. I don't think it's that big of a problem but I do a lot of research online before going onto the eShop - actually I buy most of my games from the online storefront and not directly from the Switch - but I believe that someone less informed about the games might be a tad confused and overwhelmed by the amount of content.

Indeed. If you aren't watching the Indie Directs then I imagine a lot of titles are going to pass you by, unless you are willing to dig through the eShop. I do agree user reviews/ratings could help but then you also get idiots review bombing decent games, as seen in other places like Amazon and Meta Critic. Didn't the Switch at one point have a user reviews section for a very short period before Nintendo pulled it?

I'm honestly not sure what the solution is. As I mentioned earlier, it's a problem on all the consoles digital stores but it seems more rampant on the Switch due to the ease of bringing mobile titles over to the thing. Saying that, one man's treasure is another man's trash . ::shrug:

Brilliant news (if true) for Nintendo only gamers. The first game is a masterpiece and well worth playing.

50 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

unless you are willing to dig through the eShop

Just tapping on the Discover section brings up a curated list of quality games. No digging needed. Beyond those, sure you might have to do some searches but three years into a console, to expect anything else is unrealistic tbh. I just don’t see the problem. Reviews might be nice but like you say gamers are known to review bomb so I wouldn’t put much faith in those. 

I get the complaints about the eShop when it first launched but I don’t think the criticisms haven’t really adapted and evolved in time with the updates. 

There are too many games being released but unless you go back to the NES days of Nintendo gating software, which isn’t a good idea nowadays, curation is the only solution which Nintendo are doing in multiple ways. 

Edited by Ronnie

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

There are too many games being released but unless you go back to the NES days of Nintendo gating software, which isn’t a good idea nowadays, curation is the only solution which Nintendo are doing in multiple ways. 

Ultimately, I think that is the only solution but it would never happen. It's honestly a solution I would welcome across every platform, not just the Switch.