NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

I feel like I should know this already but can you still connect to your 'home' eShop while in a different country?

Going travelling and may buy stuff while doing and in the back of my mind there's something about not being able to play games brought across different regions of the eShop...? But I could be confused (and I've not done any legwork myself).

Yeah, you can play games bought across different regions, no problem.

There are no restrictions on where you can access your "home" eShop from.  The eShop region you access is dependent on which address is associated with your account (and it's completely possible to access the US or JPN eShops from an EU Switch).

Super edit: NSO sub transfers between regions, so you might actually be able to download the NES / SNES app with method 2. I’ve never tried it. 

Yes, this works too.  I access the Japanese NES and SNES online games using my subscription bought on my UK account.  There are no restrictions, and there's no reason why everyone should not be doing this :) 

Edited by Dcubed

Hello

I decided to buy a nintendo switch ( maybe ) I know it has 2000 but I don't think some of them are great. I was looking at the new games on e shop for the NEW 3DS some of the new games for it look brilliant. I mean I bought some games for a old 3D'S xl but they weren't any good like bit trip, so I'm asking people which console to get ( switch or new 3D'S ) as I don't want to get disappointed about bad games, that can make you feel really bored.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, euroninfan said:

Hello

I decided to buy a nintendo switch ( maybe ) I know it has 2000 but I don't think some of them are great. I was looking at the new games on e shop for the NEW 3DS some of the new games for it look brilliant. I mean I bought some games for a old 3D'S xl but they weren't any good like bit trip, so I'm asking people which console to get ( switch or new 3D'S ) as I don't want to get disappointed about bad games, that can make you feel really bored.

Welcome to the forum @euroninfan

I would say that your best bet is to buy a Nintendo Switch if the cost isn't really a factor in your decision, seeing as you already have a 3DS XL and don't seem too happy with it.

There are a load of decent games on the Switch, as you have noticed, there are over 2,000 available so on average you're likely to find some games you'd be interested in.

Which games are your favourite type to play?

I'm sure we could probably recommend you some games which might help you make a decision.

(assuming this is a genuine enquiry of course)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Hello 

I will play any type of game racing ,FPS , platform, shooter, fighting as long as it's any good. Also could you tell how to reply to someone on here. I'm not sure how to do that

19 minutes ago, euroninfan said:

Hello 

I will play any type of game racing ,FPS , platform, shooter, fighting as long as it's any good. Also could you tell how to reply to someone on here. I'm not sure how to do that

If you want to show the other persons post (like above) then just hit the 'Quote' next to the + symbol at the bottom of their post.

If you want to reply to someone by tagging them like... @euroninfan then just type the '@' symbol then start typing the persons user name right after the @ symbol.

Some of these functions might not be available to you until you've made a few posts (I think it's ten posts still) but then you'll be able to always reply and quote.

- - - - -

As for the games, there are a load of games within those genres, let's see if I can find a few titles...

Racing

• Crash Team Racing
  • FAST RMX
  • Horizon Chase Turbo
  • Mario Kart 8 DX
  • Team Sonic Racing
  • Virtua Racing

FPS

• Doom
  • Doom II
  • Doom 3
  • Doom (2016)
  • Paladins
  • Superhot
  • Turok
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood

Platforming

• A Hat in Time
  • Celeste
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  • New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
  • Shantae series
  • Sonic Forces
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Fighting

• ACA Neo Geo series
  • ARMS
  • Pokkén Tournament DX
  • River City Girls
  • Raging Justice
  • Samurai Shodown
  • SNK Heroines
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Shmups

• ALL of them

There are really too many to list but that should give you some ideas on where to start. :peace:

• Like 2

Uh, all aboard the January Direct hype train? Maybe..?

Our last Direct proper was back in September, so I feel like we're definitely sure one, and, if I'm remembering right, GameStop updated their SKU listings in a similar fashion to this only a week or two before that Direct. So it could be pretty soon.

What is everyone hoping for? 

I don't want to get too carried away, though that might just be because I've still got plenty to play at the moment :p honestly, and I think this is pretty realistic: I'll take a Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition update - think this would be a perfect game to release E3 week, if not in the summer? - and I don't think it would be too crazy to expect the fifth and final character for the Fighters Pass. A Shin Megami Tensei V update would be nice too. 

Pie in the sky?

I'm not going to say it again, because I've said it a million times, and think I might be jinxing it at this point.

You know what to do, Square Enix.

Shadow drop it.

You cowards. 

January/February Directs tend to have at least a couple of big first party reveals, so fingers crossed it should be a good one. 

Prediction wise I'll say they'll show a teaser trailer for Odyssey 2, with lots more info at E3, releases at the end of the year. Three years after the original I don't think it's unrealistic. I'd also love to see an update on BOTW2.

They'll go big on Animal Crossing too, Japan already has tv ads for it and the game is still three months away (:cry:)

(Also a polite request/reminder, any leaks please put in spoiler tags)

Edited by Ronnie

Currently, TMS Encore and Animal Crossing New Horizons are the only first party games with a release date worldwide (Brain Training still hasn’t been confirmed for US release), so I’d suspect that an early February Direct is on the cards and will come with a few new announcements & trailers (possibly Bayo 3’s first trailer); but the main thing will probably be a release date for Xenoblade HD.

Some long overdue Wii/Wii U ports (Pikmin 3dx, SM3DW and Metroid Prime Trilogy) will probably appear to fill out the gaps in the release schedule as well.

Can anyone help me with a problem with my stepsons switch?

So he has just got a switch after having playing mine to death over the last year and I went onto his switch to set it up. Having thought I had family membership I signed into his Switch using my Nintendo ID and this has now wiped his user profile but still has his save file on Mario & Rabbids but on my profile. Is there a way of transferring this save file to another user (I have now since setup another user on family membership). Or if I delete my Profile on his switch will this revert back to the user that was on there before?

Any help will be much appreciated :)

1 hour ago, Portlett said:

Can anyone help me with a problem with my stepsons switch?

So he has just got a switch after having playing mine to death over the last year and I went onto his switch to set it up. Having thought I had family membership I signed into his Switch using my Nintendo ID and this has now wiped his user profile but still has his save file on Mario & Rabbids but on my profile. Is there a way of transferring this save file to another user (I have now since setup another user on family membership). Or if I delete my Profile on his switch will this revert back to the user that was on there before?

Any help will be much appreciated :)

If you delete your profile on his Switch, it will delete all the save data attached to your profile.

If he has a User profile on your Switch, it should be easy to transfer that User profile over to his new Switch.

There's a handy guide with illustrations here: https://www.imore.com/how-transfer-user-and-save-data-one-nintendo-switch-another

On 31.12.2019 at 12:00 PM, Dcubed said:

... and I'm pleased to say that it works exactly as advertised! It's great! :D 

Mine arrived just now and it's amazing. Simple to set up and works perfectly. Finally I can use the best controller with the Switch :peace: 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, drahkon said:

Mine arrived just now and it's amazing. Simple to set up and works perfectly. Finally I can use the best controller with the Switch :peace: 

@drahkon. What arrived now

@euroninfan region locking is when you can't play a game from a different region on your console.

So, say you have a european 3DS and you buy a game from America, you wouldn't be able to play it because they're from different regions.

6 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@drahkon. What arrived now

s-l1600.jpg

The 8Bitdo wireless adapter. I bought it so I could use a Dual Shock 4 with my Nintendo Switch :peace: 

I've managed to get 5 copies of Yoshi's Crafted World (Digital) from Target for $1 each. Jesus Christ, whoever made that typo is getting the sack.

My payment has gone through but waiting to receive the email. I only need 1 copy so I'll share the rest out if anyone wants to play the game.

Here's the Target link: https://www.target.com/p/yoshis-crafted-world/-/A-79405697

Edited by Goron_3
  • Like 6

Damn looks like they've fixed it now.

On another note this is pretty funny...

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

I only need 1 copy so I'll share the rest out if anyone wants to play the game.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

I've managed to get 5 copies of Yoshi's Crafted World (Digital) from Target for $1 each. Jesus Christ, whoever made that typo is getting the sack.

My payment has gone through but waiting to receive the email. I only need 1 copy so I'll share the rest out if anyone wants to play the game.

Here's the Target link: https://www.target.com/p/yoshis-crafted-world/-/A-79405697

Lucky you :). I can't even create an account on Target's website :D

10 hours ago, Goron_3 said:

If you have one available, I'd gladly take one off your hands :D

@Dcubed I don't think I'd buy some games from China or Japan I bought a F-ZERO GX import from japan for gamecube about 7 months ago it was terrible . There was nothing except the courses and the graphics were not great and it cost me €40. I also bought a small 7 inch android, it won't let me use my email. Cause the programme for it only works in china.  Thought it was a bargain for €50.😩