NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Not really sure why you would want to play with randoms when there's plenty of people unwilling to cooperate and are just there to troll.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Not really sure why you would want to play with randoms when there's plenty of people unwilling to cooperate and are just there to troll.

To have another option to play with other people. An option that I've had for almost two decades with any other platform. An option that should be standard these days. :p

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

To have another option to play with other people. An option that I've had for almost two decades with any other platform. An option that should be standard these days. :p

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option. I'm asking why would you want to.

• Like 1

Just now, Ike said:

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option. I'm asking why would you want to.

Fair enough.

Then my answer is: To have another option to play multiplayer when friends aren't available. And trolls are easy to avoid by quitting the game and finding a new one :D I don't really get that argument. If you're "afraid" of trolls you shouldn't play multiplayer at all. Even friends can be annoying :p 

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Then my answer is: To have another option to play multiplayer when friends aren't available. And trolls are easy to avoid by quitting the game and finding a new one :D I don't really get that argument. If you're "afraid" of trolls you shouldn't play multiplayer at all. Even friends can be annoying :p 

If if they are available but playing something else it's still a chew on to play with them. Without a messaging or invite system you basically have to contact them outside of the console space in order to hook up. Also, the games can be a laggy mess when playing online, so it's probably best that you don't play with others. :p 

That reminds me, have Nintendo patched any of their games yet to include the invite system that arrived with the last major Switch update? It's been 3 months since it dropped and to my knowledge games such as Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion etc. still don't use the feature.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If if they are available but playing something else it's still a chew on to play with them. Without a messaging or invite system you basically have to contact them outside of the console space in order to hook up. Also, the games can be a laggy mess when playing online, so it's probably best that you don't play with others. :p 

In conclusion: Nintendo's online multiplayer system is still subpar? Got it :p 
I assume voice chat is still only available via the app? @Kav? You probably know more about it :D 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

poke-the-bear.jpg?w=474

I miss kav. It's the easiest way to get him back :p 
Hey @Kav. NINTENDO VOICE CHAT AND TURN BASED RPGs. How about them apples?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I miss kav. It's the easiest way to get him back :p 
Hey @Kav. NINTENDO VOICE CHAT AND TURN BASED RPGs. How about them apples?

This is why this is the best place on the Internet... I love you guys! :heart:

Yeah, I’ve resigned myself to accepting Nintendon’t & won’t ever get online right.

I’ve been off here, on the gaming side at least, lately as a result of the upcoming UK Election... I’m politicising aplenty on Facebook & Twitter and a tad on the general thread here.

I’ve not played on my Switch for ages now, got a mini-backlog of games to get but money has been tight as we had to get more work done on the house.

I’ve been on my PS4 when I do game, on Apex Legends (I should clear my massive backlog really), hence why I’m particularly quiet in the Nintendo threads.

But yeah, Nintendo... voice-chat... :shakehead

• Thanks 2

Japanese Charts: Nintendo Switch Games Take All Top Ten Spots

Famitsu's Japanese chart figures are now in for 2nd - 8th December, revealing that Pokémon Sword and Shield is once again sitting right at the very top of the charts.

The two titles sold an estimated 201,838 physical copies this week, pushing the lifetime total up to an impressive 2.22 million. Pokémon wasn't the only success for Nintendo this week, though, as the entire top ten is made up exclusively of Switch games. Phwoar.

Here are the top 10 (first numbers are this week's estimated sales, followed by total sales):

1) [NSW] Pokémon Sword and Shield (Pokémon Co.) {2019.11.15} - 201.838 / 2.224.881
2) [NSW] Luigi's Mansion 3 (Nintendo) {2019.10.31} - 34.122 / 319.297
3) [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} - 16.128 / 328.511
4) [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} - 15.335 / 1.038.091
5) [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Sega) {2019.11.01} - 15.159 / 77.180
6) [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} - 14.623 / 2.557.915
7) [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} - 13.959 / 3.362.447
8) [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo) {2018.10.05} - 13.872 / 1.177.650
9) [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} - 12.284 / 720.268
10) [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.07.25} - 11.521 / 243.913

• Like 1

Is there a way to disable the annoying screen that pops up when you wake up the Switch? The one which shows "Featured News"?

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Is there a way to disable the annoying screen that pops up when you wake up the Switch? The one which shows "Featured News"?

Not really, but you can disable the "press 3 buttons to boot up Switch" option by going to "Screen Lock" in the settings menu and turning that off.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

Not really, but you can disable the "press 3 buttons to boot up Switch" option by going to "Screen Lock" in the settings menu and turning that off.

Yeah, did that but I just want that stupid screen to go. ::shrug: 

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yeah, did that but I just want that stupid screen to go. ::shrug: 

Tough titties, I suppose.

• Haha 1

content-4-36090-nintendoswitchmyadventuremywaybanner.jpg

Nintendo Switch 'My Adventure' new My Way to Play commercial

Nintendo have just released a new commercial, the latest in their line of 'My Way to Play' videos.

Check the article for the video.

What's your way to play? ;)

Edited by S.C.G

Bought Golf Story. Enjoying it, so far. Nothing too special but a very relaxing game with humorous writing. I'm only 45 minutes in, though, so hopefully much more to explore and experience :) 

• Thanks 1

Got Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection for Christmas this morning and after having a quick go, I'm pleased to say that at least the port of Black Flag is really good so far. Playing on a Lite, it looks really nice on the small screen. It is taking a bit to rewire my head around movement after playing both Origins and Odyssey as that and the combat feel a bit stiff here compared to the newer games. Nothing that's really pulling me out of the game but a little bump in the road that I'll get over quick enough with more play.

Looking forward to getting out of Havana and onto the open seas so I can resume being the tyrannical pirate I was back on the 360 version (I spent so much time plundering ships, far more than the actual story). But impression so far are good. No real frame rate issues, sound quality isn't great and I forgot there was the bits outside of the Animus (sigh) but good so far.

What is nice is that it's not a download code for Rogue. You put the cart in, load up the game and download it from within there (presume it'll take you to the eshop and start the download there) but it's great for anyone who may not want to pick up at £39.99 but might do when they see it second hand somewhere down the line as you'll be able to get access to that no bother (on top of the rest of the DLC like Freedom's Cry and Aveline, a hell of a good package for the price given what you're getting I'd say).

• Like 1

Does anybody have experience with the 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter?

spec.png

I'm thinking about ordering one so I can use a DS4 for the Switch, as I don't like the Pro Controller. 

Maybe one of you ladies and gents got one (or a different one from another company) and can share some information :) 

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

Does anybody have experience with the 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter?

spec.png

I'm thinking about ordering one so I can use a DS4 for the Switch, as I don't like the Pro Controller. 

Maybe one of you ladies and gents got one (or a different one from another company) and can share some information :) 

I literally just got one yesterday.  Haven’t had a chance to give it a whirl yet, but I can give you a rundown in a couple of days when I get round to trying it out.

Going by the manual though, DS4 should work a treat on Switch; even the gyro motion controls should work as expected! (Though I’ll test it for you anyway and let you know how well it works in practice :peace:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I literally just got one yesterday.  Haven’t had a chance to give it a whirl yet, but I can give you a rundown in a couple of days when I get round to trying it out.

Going by the manual though, DS4 should work a treat on Switch; even the gyro motion controls should work as expected! (Though I’ll test it for you anyway and let you know how well it works in practice :peace:)

I'm finding myself interested in these impressions too. Maybe I'll pick one up!

7 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I'm just confused how anyone could want to use a DS4 over the Pro Controller. 

:p

D-pad is better, but that's about it.

My Switch dock has stopped working. 

It has been intermittent for a number of weeks now. I insert the Switch, the TV knows the HDMI port is now in use and a prompt comes onto the TV to advise I can switch to that port. 

But when I do there is no sattelite signal. If I take the Switch out and put it back in again, it used to just come on but would then cut out during gaming sessions for no rhyme or reason. 

We've now reached the stage where it just doesn't work. 

I've tried different HDMI ports (3 different ones), 3 different HDMI leads, two different TV's - no joy. 

Absolute junk. The Switch is just over a year old. What is the process? Do I inform Nintendo or would I then have to send the whole lot for repair console included?