NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

But I’m using different cards with different banks and they’re ALL being rejected. This is what I don’t understand. 

Good point. Have your Russian cards worked before, you can't normally use cards from outside the region of the eShop?

The Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems have combined to sell over 15 million units in North America since the launch of the flagship Nintendo Switch system in March 2017, according to internal data from Nintendo. Through September, Nintendo Switch sales in North America were up more than 20% year to date. In the U.S. alone, Nintendo Switch has been the best-selling video game console for 10 months in a row, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

To date, 14 Nintendo Switch games in North America have sold more than 1 million units, with four selling more than 6 million: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Franchises like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. broke records on Nintendo Switch, with their latest iterations selling faster than any other games in the series.

I imagine it's also going to do stupidly well during Black Friday, Pokemon launch and the run up to Christmas.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:11 PM, Ike said:

Good point. Have your Russian cards worked before, you can't normally use cards from outside the region of the eShop?

I have my region set to Russia. They all worked before.

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore, my main card is working again, so I guess it was a temporary block on Nintendo's side due to me spending a lot in one go. 

base.com are taking preorders for the Asian retail versions of the Dragon Quest Trilogy and Final Fantasy VII & VIII. Seems a lot handier to go through them rather than Play Asia - and they're cheaper. Shame Play Asia already charged me for the DQ games or I would switch my preorder.

It feels like a slow news week, so I'm wondering when the next Nintendo Direct might be. :p

I mean, it is Halloween week and there's plenty to play, so I'm not complaining, it's jsut that when things start to slow down a little bit, that's when we usually get a Direct.

Is it too far fetched to expect one this week? If not then November I reckon.

Anyway, if not then... what's everyone going to be playing on their Switch this Thursday? (besides Smash and Mario Kario of course) ;)

Is everyone going to be playing Luigi's Mansion 3? :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, there could be a Direct coming but I don't really think we'll get a proper one before January. If we get something, it's most likely a Pokémon Direct. 

Yeah I think we're done with Directs now until January/February. Maybe a mini one or yet another Pokemon one but otherwise definitely not expecting anything till the new year.

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Anyway, if not then... what's everyone going to be playing on their Switch this Thursday? (besides Smash and Mario Kario of course) ;)

I'll probably be picking it up. I played through the first one back in Feb on the 3DS and sunk 30+ hours into the thing grabbing all the achievements. I remember putting a fair amount of time into the second one as well. I'm hoping the third entry requires the same amount of time to 100% the thing. I'll be seeing what kind of experience the online side of things offers. If it's decent then I may renew my online subscription.

After that? I think there's only Pokemon Sword/Shield and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics that is left on my to buy list for the Switch for this year. I also still have Astral Chain to start. When it comes to Switch software it looks like it will be a slow end of the year for me.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

Mario Maker, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Link’s Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion, Pokemon, Mario and Sonic...

They’ve earned a quiet December!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I also still have Astral Chain to start.

Will be interesting to see what you make of Astral Chain, hopefully you enjoy it though as it’ll certainly keep you busy for quite a while if you do get into it.

6 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Just Mario Kart and Smash for me, as usual. :hehe: Have decided to delay getting Luigi’s Mansion 3.

• Thanks 1

I'm tempted to delay getting LM3 too till the Christmas period (always nice to have a Nintendo first party adventure game around then) but I don't think I'll be able to resist. I'm waiting for Link's Awakening to be patched anyway, seems I was totally wrong on them smoothing out the frame rate by release, played an hour and put it down till it was fixed (if??).

Jedi: Fallen Order will be the big non Nintendo AAA game for me this Nov/Dec.

54 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Will be interesting to see what you make of Astral Chain, hopefully you enjoy it though as it’ll certainly keep you busy for quite a while if you do get into it.

Well, I loved the Capcom PS2 game Chaos Legion and it seems to borrow heavily from that so I should at least enjoy the combat aspect of it.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Jedi: Fallen Order will be the big non Nintendo AAA game for me this Nov/Dec.

That and Death Stranding for me. Jedi comes out the same day as Pokemon. Luckily I have a week booked off from work starting the 18th Nov (always keep my jollydays for the end of the year) so I'll be able to play them both all week. I've still got a few more days to use up so I may bang in the release day as well.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Jedi comes out the same day as Pokemon. Luckily I have a week booked off from work starting the 18th Nov (always keep my jollydays for the end of the year) so I'll be able to play them both all week. I've still got a few more days to use up so I may bang in the release day as well.

Yes, go and do it @Hero of Time! I've done the same thing :p what do you plan on playing first?

Jedi Fallen Order + Sword + Shenmue III will be the feels-good trilogy of games next month, I hope...and they're all out in the space of five days – what a stacked week that'll be! :D

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

I'd like to play Death Stranding but it just screams all style, zero substance to me. It'll be fascinating to see reviews for that, the scores will be all over the place I think

15 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'd like to play Death Stranding but it just screams all style, zero substance to me. It'll be fascinating to see reviews for that, the scores will be all over the place I think

Yup. I think it's going to be either a case of either you love it or hate it. I'm just hoping it tells a good story, which is what i'm there for. 

I'm still trucking away at plenty of other games, like Astral Chain, Trials of Mana and the Bowser's Inside Story Remake on 3DS; so I'm not hurting for new games.

Shenmue 3 will be the big gun for me this Xmas though.  Nothing is gonna be topping that one on the priority list! I've waited for almost 20 years to get Ryu out of that cave dammit!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Came in from work to find the Nintendo UK store had sent me some kind of Christmas catalogue. It's about 130 pages long and features all the Switch/3DS/amiibo that you can buy, puzzles to do, shows you what the difference is between Switch models, games that can be downloaded on the eShop and various other bits of merch. It's of no real use to me but I think it's a great idea for kids and families. 

Anyone else get sent it? 

• Like 2

No but sounds a great idea for them to get more word out.

*checks postbox* ... :( 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Came in from work to find the Nintendo UK store had sent me some kind of Christmas catalogue. It's about 130 pages long and features all the Switch/3DS/amiibo that you can buy, puzzles to do, shows you what the difference is between Switch models, games that can be downloaded on the eShop and various other bits of merch. It's of no real use to me but I think it's a great idea for kids and families. 

Anyone else get sent it? 

Yeah got that through today, my son caught wind of it and saw Mario, now he's asking what santa might bring him at Christmas from it...

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Anyone else get sent it? 

Yep, I got one.

Had a good laugh at “no moustache Mario” on the spot the difference. :laughing: 

Anyway, nice try Nintendo UK store, but even with that 10% discount you’re still the last place I’d ever buy stuff from. ;)

• Haha 4

Yeah as cute as the glow in the dark Polterpup keyring looks, I'll save those £5 thanks 

Sales for the period april to september (including) are up!

– 2.85 million original Switch units sold in the fiscal quarter; 4.95 million this fiscal year
– 1.95 million Switch Lite units sold this fiscal quarter/year
– 4.8 million overall Switch units sold this fiscal quarter; 6.93 million this fiscal year

(I wonder what the last 30,000 units sold were... :p) The turquoise colour of the Switch Lite was the best selling colour.

Switch million sellers:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee – 11.28 million
Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13 million
Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.29 million

The bottom three are new titles this year.

Switch software numbers:

– Switch software: 35.87 million this quarter, 58.49 million this fiscal year

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 2

Switch has now passed the 10 million units sold mark in Japan. That will no doubt sky rocket very soon. Pokemon is coming...

Image result for jurassic park water gif

• Haha 4

It looks like Divinity 2 is the first game to use the invite system which was added to the Switch’s most recent firmware update. GameXplain made a video about it:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1