NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

You can always use them for Nintendo's incredible voice chat system through your mobile phone...

• Haha 1

content-4-35965-nintendoswitchlitemywaybanner.jpg

Nintendo Switch My Way Commercials featuring Luigi's Mansion 3, the Switch Lite and a couple of already released games, because advertising! :D

Errrr, yeah, I'm gonna need the GameXplain analysis video on this one. Is it a fitness application? Is it a game? What's the significance of all the cities?

Thank God! Something new at last! Not another bloody port or remake!

Wii Fit (and its own iterations) are loads of fun, so I’m down for this. Mostly though, I’m just happy to see that Nintendo aren’t giving up on making insane titles! :D 

I hope this turns out to be true. After playing though 4,5 and 6 this year I expressed how I would love to play the original trilogy but I didn't have the hardware to do so. This will certainly fix that problem. :) 

• Thanks 2

FINALLY!!! Proper English versions of DQ1-3 at long last!!

Now let’s just hope that they’ve fixed the sprite scaling issues that plagued the PS4 and 3DS versions...

Based on the latest release schedule, my gaming wishes look like this:

September:
- Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
- Zelda: LA
- Ni no Kuni
- Untitled Goose Game
- Dragon Quest XI S
- Ori and the Blind Forest

October:
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
- The Witcher III
- A Hat in Time
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Maybe Little Town Hero

November:
- Pokémon Sword
- Maybe Mario & Sonic

TBA:
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards
- Maybe Darksiders Genesis

2020:
- Gods & Monsters
- Maybe Trials of Mana

Seriously... This is too much. I kinda miss the Wii U days where you had time to complete the games you wanted.

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

FINALLY!!! Proper English versions of DQ1-3 at long last!!

Now let’s just hope that they’ve fixed the sprite scaling issues that plagued the PS4 and 3DS versions...

Sadly not.

• Sad 2

N-Eaction:  Too Many Games? 

content-2-35978-neactiontoomanygamessidebox.jpg

This is one that we've had on the back-burner since July when Nintendo announced that there's over 2,000 games on the Switch.

Well... it's probably even more relevant now being that there are even more games. :D

In it we look at the amount of games, cost, curation, physical versus digital, ownership or convenience and system exclusives versus ports plus more.

Thanks to @Glen-i @Vileplume2000 @Dcubed for their input and @RedShell for making the perfect graphic for the occasion. :grin:

Enjoy and let us know what you think about the amount of games currently available on the Switch and the future of the platform. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I don't think you can any more predictable than that particular screenshot.

The first game I had on Switch was BotW. Didn't take a single screenshot.

• Like 1

This was mine...

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Like I said on Discord: I can't remember. I deleted all of them while making space for other stuff. It's probably Zelda though. There's a small possibility my brother made the first screenshot actually. This is the first I tweeted:

@Kav so also something bear related haha. But weird that's a tweet from June.

Didn't bother tweeting screenshoyts before apparently. My Switch is the reason I'm active on Twitter nowadays anyway.

Anyway.. First games of September..

I'll give them a quick go tonight, but then it's back to Astral Chain. I think I heard Momodora is short, so I may be able to fit that one somewhere this month. Or at least earlier than December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice, so you got your copies of Momodora and The Messenger as well I see then @Sméagol :D

I got the alternative cover, I think I pre-ordered it with Special Reserve or nearly did and then went with the Limited Run Games variant as it was easier.

Gris should be arriving soonish at some point, shouldn't it? From wherever it was that was selling it... I'm losing track at this point.

I should start using Twitter or something to start taking pictures of some of my Switch games, the only thing is, I don't like the way that it doesn't show the image in the post.

I was using Tiny Pic for hosting, but that's going soon, so I've got to find something to use for image hosting.

y4mz6A8UI731IVR6zOXSHnRtE-h4yMDhapTBzKoA

Not very interesting.

Spoiler

y4mOaDEQ2ag2T8ZSorCGGGaOWucZATOfmvDzTtAx

I bet this was a lot of people's first screenshot.

Spoiler

y4mmmtePP6YPrgbvaFVTEyfbrViOovfnVpA2kjDz

Bonus pic of Lucina, just because.

52 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Like I said on Discord

:confused:

• Like 1

On 08/09/2019 at 6:06 PM, Glen-i said:

I don't think you can any more predictable than that particular screenshot.

I don't think you can get any more breathtaking than that particular screenshot either. ;)

Yeah... that was probably my first Switch screenshot too. :D

On 08/09/2019 at 6:06 PM, Glen-i said:

The first game I had on Switch was BotW. Didn't take a single screenshot.

tenor.gif

:heh:

• Haha 2

New Firmware update rolled out last night. Ver. 9.0.0:

Ver. 9.0.0 (Released September 9, 2019)

Added the following system functionality:

• Added a search feature for the News Channel.
    • Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
  • Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
    • You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
  • Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
    • You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
    • Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
    • A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
  • You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
    • Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
  • Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
    • When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
    • This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
    • The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
  • Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User's page.
    • Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
    • Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.

There is also is an update to the joycons that you have to download manually in system settings.

Main things for me are that it looks like we'll be able to send invites to play online now, which means the friends list actually has a purpose now. And there will be some kind of alarm option, which is handy for me since I seem to be losing track of time when I play SNES games. Although it seems that isn't active yet.

Side note, no new avatars which is surprising. I was expecting some Astral Chain and/or Zelda Links Awakening avatars with this update lol

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1