NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Nintendo, when you tweet something like that you had better have some kind of Sunshine remake/port in the pipeline! 

• Haha 2

A deal has popped up for those who prefer physical games over digital. It appears GAME and Argos are doing buy 1 game and get another half price. The games on offer seem to be...

Mario Tennis Aces
Pokken Tournament DX
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Yoshi Crafted World
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Party
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Maker 2
Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Seeing as Nintendo published games usually hold their price, this is a pretty good deal. 

• Thanks 4

content-4-35948-nintendogamescomrecapbanner.jpg

Nintendo at Gamescom 2019 Roundup

Just a recap of everything Nintendo related over the course of this years Gamescom event. :peace:

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Official Overwatch Switch carry case - despite Overwatch not being on Switch? Weird, huh? 

1hDjl58.png

Edited by MindFreak

Mind want to spoiler that for people sensitive to that. Wouldn't be surprised to see it in the September Direct.

48 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Mind want to spoiler that for people sensitive to that. Wouldn't be surprised to see it in the September Direct.

I think of it as a rumour and not a leak but yeah, some might want to remain un-rumoured - I've hidden it. @Hero of Time or @Hero-of-Time could perhaps edit as well. (Why are there two of him??)

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I think of it as a rumour and not a leak but yeah, some might want to remain un-rumoured - I've hidden it. @Hero of Time or @Hero-of-Time could perhaps edit as well. (Why are there two of him??)

Old Link and Young Link. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Put down a pre-order for Nino Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch this morning at my local GAME to go along with my pre-orders of Link's Awakening and the Turquoise Switch Lite. Never played the original Nino Kuni (played a bit of the sequel but the Pikmin/Little King's Story bits put me off) but always wanted to so will finally get the chance to do so in a few weeks time. The guy serving me in GAME was very happy to see someone else pre-ordering it as he's a massive fan of the game and couldn't praise it enough as we were talking so I'm hoping it'll live up to its billing. If not, I'm sure it'll be another Switch game that'll retain and even increase in value as I suspect it'll get a limited print.

Sept. 20th is going to be an expensive day for me with all of that. And I'll probably pick up an eshop card for the likes of Gris and Baba is You and what not as well. Looking forward to some handheld play while listening to podcasts and such. That's part of the reason I'm picking the Lite up as TV play doesn't bother me what with having both a PS4 and Xbox One (and plus I don't have the extra HDMI space for it) and it means I can sit and chill playing handheld while listening to stuff. So bring on Sept. 20th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Put down a pre-order for Nino Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch this morning at my local GAME to go along with my pre-orders of Link's Awakening and the Turquoise Switch Lite. Never played the original Nino Kuni (played a bit of the sequel but the Pikmin/Little King's Story bits put me off) but always wanted to so will finally get the chance to do so in a few weeks time. The guy serving me in GAME was very happy to see someone else pre-ordering it as he's a massive fan of the game and couldn't praise it enough as we were talking so I'm hoping it'll live up to its billing. If not, I'm sure it'll be another Switch game that'll retain and even increase in value as I suspect it'll get a limited print.

Ni No Kuni is an absolute gem of a game and I loved every minute of it. I'll be picking it up but i'll probably be going with the PS4 version due to it being more of a remaster rather than a straight port. It's a very lengthy game so the handheld option of the Switch version will certainly come in handy for some.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ni No Kuni is an absolute gem of a game and I loved every minute of it. I'll be picking it up but i'll probably be going with the PS4 version due to it being more of a remaster rather than a straight port. It's a very lengthy game so the handheld option of the Switch version will certainly come in handy for some.

The guy I was speaking to in GAME thinks it'll lend itself well to handheld play. With it being a long game as well it'll compliment Link's Awakening and give me something substantial to sink my teeth into in amongst playing that and various other PS4/Xbox One releases (why do publishers insist on releasing in September, far too many games this year again, just as that was the issue last year). Would've been nice if it could have been the remastered version on the Switch as well but as it'll be my first time with it, I'm happy regardless of that. Just hoping for less fluff than the sequel had.

I honestly have no idea how you can juggle several games at once, I can just about stretch to two (if one is something like FIFA or Football Manager) but as far as story driven games go I like to just immerse myself fully and only play one at a time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, killthenet said:

I honestly have no idea how you can juggle several games at once, I can just about stretch to two (if one is something like FIFA or Football Manager) but as far as story driven games go I like to just immerse myself fully and only play one at a time.

Sometimes, I just don't have the time or energy to commit to a long session on one game. Sometimes, I just want to boot up Hyrule Warriors and chip away towards 100% completion.

I tend to have a selection of games I'm playing at any one time. Like, right now, the main big game I'm playing through is Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon for the 2nd time. But when I don't feel like pouring hours into that, I have a mixture of Hyrule Warriors Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Theatrhythm: Curtain Call.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

The guy I was speaking to in GAME thinks it'll lend itself well to handheld play. With it being a long game as well it'll compliment Link's Awakening and give me something substantial to sink my teeth into in amongst playing that and various other PS4/Xbox One releases (why do publishers insist on releasing in September, far too many games this year again, just as that was the issue last year). Would've been nice if it could have been the remastered version on the Switch as well but as it'll be my first time with it, I'm happy regardless of that. Just hoping for less fluff than the sequel had.

If you've played Link's Awakening before, and if Nintendo haven't added anything substantial to the story, then the game will probably only last about 10-12 hours. 

Yeah, September is looking pretty crowded. Off the top of my head i'll probably be playing Final Fantasy VIII, Link's Awakening, Ni No Kuni, Monster Hunter: Iceborne, Gears 5 and Dragon Quest XI. JRPG heaven...or nightmare depending how you look at it. :D 

Oh you got your Splatoon t-shirts? Mine's still in Germany. :cry:

The Fire Emblem CD any good? Spent too much so I'll need to wait a bit before picking it up.

Who wants three months of NSO for free? I have a code for it that I have no use for (I’m using a yearly family membership with some friends, so this code is useless to me).

First reply gets it via PM.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Who wants three months of NSO for free? I have a code for it that I have no use for (I’m using a yearly family membership with some friends, so this code is useless to me).

First reply gets it via PM.

*looks around*

*tentatively raises hand*

Yes please. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's ridiculously cheap in a family plan, I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of that. As if £18 a year isn't cheap enough

53 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's ridiculously cheap in a family plan, I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of that. As if £18 a year isn't cheap enough

That's exactly what I do; I split the cost with a friend of mine, hence I have no need for the 3 month code.

Looks like a couple of Ubisoft games/ports are heading to the Switch and will no doubt feature in the next Direct.

Spoiler

A Greek retailer has list Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: Rogue for the Switch. Apparently this has been hinted at by a few people on Era over the past few weeks and the guy who leaked the Ori announcement has confirmed that it is real. 

I've been trying for several hours, but my Switch just keeps slapping them out of my hand.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Does the Switch let you connect bluetooth headphones?

Nope, not without an adapter of sorts. There are a bunch of USB-C to Bluetooth adapters which you can plug into the Switch's bottom (in handheld) to use BT headphones.

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Nope, not without an adapter of sorts. There are a bunch of USB-C to Bluetooth adapters which you can plug into the Switch's bottom (in handheld) to use BT headphones.

That's a shame. I don't use it enough to bother buying anything extra just so I can use them though so I guess I'll just stick with wired (or sell my Switch :p )

Edited by Happenstance