NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

37 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Game Trials is a cool addition to Switch Online. Hopefully it won't just be used for multiplayer focused stuff, although I wouldn't be surprised.

But yeah, if games like Kirby or Yoshi do get on there too, then that would be sweet. :hehe:

In Japan they're offering trials of Captain Toad instead so single player games are definitely on the cards. 

• Like 1

That would be interesting, because especially games like Toad/Yoshi/Kirby can be finished within a week for a normal single playthrough. They are games I wouldn't mind checking out but for now I don't want to pay 60€ for.

I wonder if this is testing the waters for a game pass-like construction.

Edited by Vileplume2000

I expected multiplayer games too till I saw Captain Toad was thir pick in te US.

Toad is a port though and probably isn't selling huge numbers any more, so maybe that's why.

6 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I wonder if this is testing the waters for a game pass-like construction.

Personally I doubt it very much. Switch software sales are insane though so why jeopardise that with this kind of thing...?

Edited by Ronnie

content-4-35901-rivercitygirlsmisakobanner.jpg

River City Girls character spotlight: Misako.

Learn more about one half of the River City Girls with some info and a trailer in the article.

content-4-35902-farlonesailsbanner.jpg

FAR Lone Sails propels itself onto the Switch on August 18th for the price of £14.99

It certainly looks like a unique take on a Post Apocalyptic setting.

content-4-35903-aermemoriesofoldbanner.jpg

AER Memories of Old soars onto the Switch on August 8th for the price of £17.99

While it came out on other platforms a while ago, this could be another chance for it to fly high.

Check the articles for details and trailers. :D

• Thanks 1

3qsevXM.jpg

Rearranged some stuff and properly hooked up my Switch to the new projector so thought I would start a new game on Zelda.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I always thought projectors weren't as clear as TVs, I guess it depends on the environment? Also the one we have at work kinda sucks.

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

I always thought projectors weren't as clear as TVs, I guess it depends on the environment? Also the one we have at work kinda sucks.

I think it just depends on the projector and the lighting in the room. The one from my photo is full HD (I nearly got 4K but decided not to spend that much straight away) but the trial one I bought originally was a cheapy 480p one that looked quite blocky and wasnt really useable unless all light was blocked out.

content-4-35919-rivercitygirlskyokobanner.jpg

River City Girls character spotlight: Kyoko.

Learn more about one half of the River City Girls with some info and a trailer in the article. :peace:

• Like 1

Had an issue with drifting yesterday and noticed this on my control stick:

z6jxUjl.jpg

Seems like something's broken off. I haven't noticed it before now but it's possible that it's been like that for some time. Hopefully Nintendo's support will help me out as it clicks in that position when going round. 

• Sad 1

content-4-35923-thevanishingofethencarterbanner.jpg

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter developed by The Astronauts and SPIN Software will be arriving on the eShop on August 15th.

content-4-35924-vitaminconnectionbanner.

Vitamin Connection is a Nintendo Switch exclusive title being developed by WayForward with no fixed release date as of yet.

A physical version will be available via Limited Run Games.

Check the articles for details and/or trailers. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Had an issue with drifting yesterday and noticed this on my control stick:

z6jxUjl.jpg

Seems like something's broken off. I haven't noticed it before now but it's possible that it's been like that for some time. Hopefully Nintendo's support will help me out as it clicks in that position when going round. 

Do you play Super Smash Bros much..? That could easily be a result of one too many Smash attacks :blank:

17 hours ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-35923-thevanishingofethencarterbanner.jpg

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter developed by The Astronauts and SPIN Software will be arriving on the eShop on August 15th.

content-4-35924-vitaminconnectionbanner.

Vitamin Connection is a Nintendo Switch exclusive title being developed by WayForward with no fixed release date as of yet.

A physical version will be available via Limited Run Games.

Check the articles for details and/or trailers. :D

Looking forward to Vitamin Connection.  It's been a long, long time since Wayforward last made an original IP; their last one was Mighty Switch Force all the way back in 2011! (unless we count Cat Girl Without Salad!, which shouldn't really since it was just a joke game and not really a proper game in its own right).

Sounds really fun! :) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Very odd question I know, but has anyone licked a Switch game card? I didn’t know they had a special coating on them to stop young kids putting them in their mouths. I read about it the other day and had to try it out :D

It’s disgusting haha. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

Very odd question I know, but has anyone licked a Switch game card? I didn’t know they had a special coating on them to stop young kids putting them in their mouths. I read about it the other day and had to try it out :D

It’s disgusting haha. 

I accidentally did it with my DOOM cartridge last week. Don’t recommend using you teeth to hold Switch games as you open another box.

It was the very first thing I did when I got my first game. 

That and smell the box. Nothing like the smell of new game. 

On 14.8.2019 at 10:55 PM, nekunando said:

Do you play Super Smash Bros much..? That could easily be a result of one too many Smash attacks :blank:

I think you are right. Which is kind of sad since I've only played that game with the JoyCons once. 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

It was the very first thing I did when I got my first game. 

That and smell the box. Nothing like the smell of new game. 

Don't mind me, just gonna purch a new slogan for Nintendo to use for the Switch.

"Smell the box, taste the game"

Rolls right off the tongue.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Don't mind me, just gonna purch a new slogan for Nintendo to use for the Switch.

"Smell the box, taste the game"

Rolls right off the tongue.

Also works as a tinder profile. 

• Haha 5

content-4-35938-nintendogamescom2019banner.jpg

Nintendo's Gamescom 2019 lineup.

Wasn’t expecting to see Panzer Dragoon Remake playable there!

It’s looking MIGHTY fine too! :D 

• Like 1

content-4-35943-nintendogamescombanner.jpg

Nintendo at Gamescom 2019 booth tour video from GameXplain.

Nice to see some footage of the booths. :D

• Thanks 1

content-4-35945-nintendopaxwest2019banner.jpg

Nintendo's PAX West 2019 lineup.

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dcubed said:

Wasn’t expecting to see Panzer Dragoon Remake playable there!

It’s looking MIGHTY fine too! :D 

It's quite possibly the game I'm most interested in playing for the rest of 2019 :hehe:

• Thanks 2