NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I say cheap parts because a Switch owner with an engineering background had a crack at trying to find out just what was causing this problem and came up with this.

Wow, the following is ridiculous:

That said, this design flaw seemingly will cause even ‘fixed’ Joy-Con to redevelop the issue further down the line.

That is inexcusable. I'm still baffled how Nintendo managed to create something with such a design flaw. 

Nintendo would have to create entirely new models of the Joy-Con with better materials in order to truly rectify the problem.

Oh boy...

• Like 1

It is shitty, and the problem was there from the get go rather than developing over time. I sent my joycons in for repair right after I got my Switch when it launched.

29 minutes ago, Kav said:

Isn't that just the attract mode though.

Anyone who writes "I'm screaming" deserves no sympathy.

Probably jammed the sticks to one side hard when no one was looking for the social media publicity

Edited by Ronnie

57 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Probably jammed the sticks to one side hard when no one was looking for the social media publicity

I can definitely believe that a demo booth with loads of people using those joy-cons constantly throughout the day would drift after all this time.

It shouldn't be the case. Especially when I just finished a Smash Bros. session with GameCube Wavebirds that still have perfectly functioning sticks. They must be around 15 years old at this point and all 3 of them worked perfectly.

The Joy-Con sticks are shoddy as far as Nintendo controllers go. Nowhere near the standard of quality they're known for.

• Like 2

I remember back in the N64 days. The controllers at the demo stands were completely useless with no friction left in the control stick at all. 

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I remember back in the N64 days. The controllers at the demo stands were completely useless with no friction left in the control stick at all. 

The DS demo units would have scratched up screens and the stylus would be missing.

• Thanks 1

Yeah and that NES in the store just.. oh well that just worked.

19 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah and that NES in the store just.. oh well that just worked.

Actually, not all the time.  I tried to play Ghosts 'n' Goblins in Dixons and it wouldn't load!

• Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Actually, not all the time.  I tried to play Ghosts 'n' Goblins in Dixons and it wouldn't load!

Breaking News! Dixon's secretly run by Red Arremers!

• Haha 4

How is the tin foil hat fitting you? ;)

It appears over in the US that Nintendo have changed their joy-con fixing policy. You can now send them back without proof of purchase and if they are out of warranty they will still fix them free of charge. This is essentially them admitting that there is a problem. It's just a shame that it took an impeding law suit and a few recent articles from the gaming press to finally get anything done about this when Nintendo clearly knew there were issues with the design. Still, better late than never. Hopefully this will be the same over here.

LINK

Took them long enough :blank:

But hey, as H-o-T said: Better late than never.

You still have to cover the shipping cost, though, I assume? Which would mean the only thing that has changed is the warranty. 

11 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Took them long enough :blank:

But hey, as H-o-T said: Better late than never.

You still have to cover the shipping cost, though, I assume? Which would mean the only thing that has changed is the warranty. 

I'm not sure. During the whole Xbox RROD fiasco Microsoft paid for the UPS pick up and delivery. Maybe that is the case with this?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Maybe that is the case with this?

One can only hope ::shrug: Looking at comments on various sites, people had to cover the shipping expenses themselves, so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Teaser for Rune Factory 5, but doesn't show anything substantial (which is why I didn't make a thread for it yet).

I've always been interested in the Rune Factory games, but never got around to it. Does anyone have any comments on Rune Factory 4?

content-4-35883-doomoriginaltrilogybanner.jpg

Doom, Doom II & Doom 3 are available soon for the price of £3.99, £3.99 & £7.99 respectively.

All dlc/expansions etc are included, local multiplayer etc no mention of online but... ::shrug:

Check the article for the details.

Wow, great news. Picked up the first one to try out, never played a DOOM game before so will be interesting to see what all the fuss it about. 

• Thanks 1

Some great recent Switch games shown off in this latest Metal Jesus Rocks video, I'm interested in most of these but I'm just hoping that the three digital titles get physical releases.

Just a heads up RE: DOOM, for all 3 of today's releases you are asked to sign up (or log in to) a Bethesda account before you can play, even if you just want to play solo. Haven't launched the game myself but just thought I'd let you guys know there's a needless extra step before you can play the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1