NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

We won't agree. It's fine.

Like I said, I'd scale back my use of "majority", but I still believe this:

The majority of the Sony audience just aren't interested in anything that isn't either a) annual casual games like FIFA/COD or b) the big AAA games.

The proportion of gamers who enjoy indies is higher in a Nintendo ecosystem, than a Sony one. That's my main point. If a big chunk of Sony's customers were into them, they'd promote the games, as it is, they don't.

If you're scaling back the use of the word 'majority' then you literally cannot believe in that statement anymore.

In fact if you agree it's no longer the majority then you are in fact arguing the opposite (and in favour of my point). That the majority are interested in indies!

:blank:

I don't know what we're arguing any more. All I was saying was that generally speaking, Nintendo gamers are more open to indie gaming than the Sony audience. That's all.

I think if Sony is smart they will ensure it is easy for indie titles to be ported, as they did with the PS4. 

New consoles are boyoued with indie titles because discoverability is easier and if it's easy enough to port then it's a pretty easy decision to make. I imagine the PS5 will naturally be the home of indie titles for a while, it's just whether Sony do anything to make it more than a naturally occurring thing. 

• Thanks 1

I don't like the faux-anime style for the cutscenes.. But the pixel art and gameplay look great. But I hope there's online multiplayer. This is getting a physical release from Limited Run Games.

Edit: No online. :cry:

Edited by Sméagol

Ah, now I have a problem here.  I love WayForward, but so far haven't found any of the Kunio/River City games very gripping.  Still, that bit in the '80s arcade at 0:27... :heart:

I just pre-ordered FIFA 20 for £29 from AO and am sending FIFA 19 to GAME for £16..

I definitely hate myself a little bit :blank:

• Angry 1

content-4-35861-rivercitygirlsbanner.jpg

River City Girls bust onto the Switch.

Physical Release: Yes (Limited Run Games)
Release Date: September 5th
Price: £29.99

Looking forward to playing this. :D

• Thanks 2

I love how the thumbnail is suggesting we're finally getting Banjo Threeie.

• Haha 2

Yeah, that's a bit misleading. But wouldn't it be nice?

It's a good video. Can't make it out but it seems that it celebrates that the library has hit >=2500 games now. How does that compare to other platforms, Nintendo and Non-tendo?

9 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, that's a bit misleading. But wouldn't it be nice?

It's a good video. Can't make it out but it seems that it celebrates that the library has hit >=2500 games now. How does that compare to other platforms, Nintendo and Non-tendo?

I guess that’s the highest number of games released on a Nintendo platform. The Wii and DS are likely the closest but they almost exclusively had retail releases, bar the VC and WiiWare.

The PS4 and Xbox One may have more as they’ve been out longer and indie / digital releases have been a thing since day one. I’d struggle to imagine the PS3 or even PS2 hit those numbers though.

10 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It's no doubt higher than any other Nintendo console ( mainly due to digital releases now being a thing and lack of curation ) but lower than the other consoles.

I hate that they keep saying how many titles are on the system as if it's some kind of positive. I personally don't think it's anything to be shouting about it when the majority of the games that fill out that number are absolute garbage. The eShop is no different to any other digital storefront now, with games being released pretty much every single day from any old publisher. It's essentially turned into a mobile store at this point. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

when the majority of the games that fill out that number are absolute garbage.

But you would absolutely buy them if Nintendo introduced an achievement system and the games were easy to complete, wouldn't you? :p 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

But you would absolutely buy them if Nintendo introduced an achievement system and the games were easy to complete, wouldn't you? :p 

I do have limits. For example, there is an insane amount of tripe that has been released on the PlayStation/Xbox stores that i've not purchased, despite having an easy platinum/1000. 

I just think more isn't necessarily better. This was an argument that happened back when it was the PS1 v Saturn v N64. Both the Saturn and N64 didn't have many games but the quality of the ones that did grace the system was pretty high. Yeah, the PS1 had some fantastic titles but there was an insane amount of shovelware on it, especially towards the end of it's lifespan.

I'd much prefer curation on all of the console digital platforms, rather than making the stores an absolute free for all and heavily mimicking the mobile market.

• Like 3

I have to agree with the above. 

I absolutely HATE doing anything on the Nintendo estore. 

Every time I go on I just feel like I'm wading through complete shite. So many £1.99 games that I've never heard of. It is actually painful to navigate through unless I know what I actually want and then I just search for it. 

A JRPG in a fantasy setting. Shocker. 

A Nintendo Direct in September and one next year. Double shocker. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

A JRPG in a fantasy setting. Shocker. 

How do you know it's an RPG?

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

How do you know it's an RPG?

I’d be up for a fantasy themed spiritual successor to Disaster Day of Crisis! :D 

Quick question...

There's no good reason for me NOT to buy Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom is there?

I should get it now for a decent price while it's still available. (physically)

Yes... I'm trying to talk myself into buying another Switch game. :blush:

Edit - it's OK... I convinced myself to get it, got it for £37.50 boxed with the extras in "as good as new" condition, too good to pass up. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I’d be up for a fantasy themed spiritual successor to Disaster Day of Crisis! :D 

How about one with a bigger focus on drama?

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1