• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Mario Maker end of next week?

I've got so many eShop games I need to play I don't know where to begin. Bomb Chicken, Hyper Light Drifter, Moonlighter, Chasm, GRIS, Guacamelee 2, Katana Zero...

MM is not for me. I don't like creative games where you yourself deliver the content - also part of the reason that I don't like Animal Crossing.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:36 AM, MindFreak said:

MM is not for me. I don't like creative games where you yourself deliver the content - also part of the reason that I don't like Animal Crossing.

I'm with you on that - I start thinking its going to be a good idea, but I'll lose interest in creating things before long (which is why I didn't buy the first one)

However! I was reading that there is this mode in MM2 where you just select the difficulty, and it puts you on a playlist of community created levels - and that sounds marvelous to me. If you're a fan of platforms how could you not fancy that?

20 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I'm with you on that - I start thinking its going to be a good idea, but I'll lose interest in creating things before long (which is why I didn't buy the first one)

However! I was reading that there is this mode in MM2 where you just select the difficulty, and it puts you on a playlist of community created levels - and that sounds marvelous to me. If you're a fan of platforms how could you not fancy that?

That was also in the first game and while fun, it just didn't last long for me. The quality of the levels varied enormously and I didn't enjoy the fan-made levels in the long run. I had the most fun with the event levels where you could earn costumes. Altogether, I don't think I spent more than 10 hours on the game which is why I don't really care for the sequel.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, MindFreak said:

That was also in the first game and while fun, it just didn't last long for me. The quality of the levels varied enormously and I didn't enjoy the fan-made levels in the long run. I had the most fun with the event levels where you could earn costumes. Altogether, I don't think I spent more than 10 hours on the game which is why I don't really care for the sequel.

Yup. That was pretty much my experience with the game as well. The amount of tripe that rose to the top was ridiculous and 99% of the levels were just pure garbage to play.

I'm still going back and forth as to whether to keep my preorder for the second game. I know i'll enjoy the Nintendo made levels but after that the rest of the package doesn't really have any appeal to me. Saying that, it's a Nintendo game so it's not like i'm going to get the game any cheaper if I do decide to wait. :p 

• Haha 1

Got my Mario Maker stylus today... VERY happy with it! It’s easily the best capacitive stylus I’ve ever used! Sushi Striker is actually properly playable now! :D 

Despite being a capacitive stylus, it actually feels more like using a pen and not a crayon, like most capacitive styli! It’s not quite at the same level as a traditional resistive stylus, but I could definitely see myself playing games like Kirby & The Rainbow curse with this! :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Despite being a capacitive stylus, it actually feels more like using a pen and not a crayon, like most capacitive styli! It’s not quite at the same level as a traditional resistive stylus, but I could definitely see myself playing games like Kirby & The Rainbow curse with this! :D 

You're not playing Kirby & The Rainbow Curse with that.

https://my.nintendo.com/news/4ef506a5d1eff6d7

My Nintendo is finally starting to give out physical items as platinum/gold coin rewards! Starting with limited edition Splatoon T-shirts and posters!

Took bloody long enough!! Now, how's about getting more of those awesome soundtrack CDs up on there Nintendo? ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Took bloody long enough!! Now, how's about getting more of those awesome soundtrack CDs up on there Nintendo?

They've been doing much better for years now, by putting physical items with every first party game if you order through them. 

I much prefer that to having to buy a dozen games just to get a set of coasters.

Obviously it's nice they're giving out physical stuff for platinium/gold coins too but I haven't missed the Club Nintendo days.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They've been doing much better for years now, by putting physical items with every first party game if you order through them. 

I much prefer that to having to buy a dozen games just to get a set of coasters.

Obviously it's nice they're giving out physical stuff for platinium/gold coins too but I haven't missed the Club Nintendo days.

Yeah, but most of the stuff they've been including as pre-order bonuses on the Nintendo Official UK Store are just tat and guff.  A far cry from the actual cool stuff we used to get from Club Nintendo; like the Project Rainfall coins, or the Mario Galaxy OSTs, or the Kirby Blankie :heart:, or the SNES Classic Controllers!

This is a definite step in the right direction! The Club Nintendo site and survey system was absolutely crap and completely broken (filling in the surveys was an utter nightmare, where half the time it didn't bloody work!), but you did used to get some awesome stuff from it!

My Nintendo fixed the system entirely... but they took away all the awesome physical goodies... Now they seem to be starting to bring that back, so... happy days! :D 

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, but most of the stuff they've been including as pre-order bonuses on the Nintendo Official UK Store are just tat and guff.  A far cry from the actual cool stuff we used to get from Club Nintendo; like the Project Rainfall coins, or the Mario Galaxy OSTs, or the Kirby Blankie :heart:, or the SNES Classic Controllers!

Hmm, I guess so. I just remember it taking like 10 games just to afford one product :blank:

29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hmm, I guess so. I just remember it taking like 10 games just to afford one product :blank:

Oh no, you're absolutely right.  The prices for that stuff was utterly outrageous! You'd literally have to spend hundreds to be able to afford anything decent!

Hopefully the prices of stuff on My Nintendo will be much more reasonable this time though!

Oooh, Mighty Switch Force Collection incoming:

I've played MSF1 and 2, great little games. If the price is good I may pick this up.

• Like 1

Bit weird that they're including the original MSF AND the HD version, but cool to see nonetheless.

Wish this included Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way though... MFC is still the best of the Mighty games!

47 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Oooh, Mighty Switch Force Collection incoming:

I've played MSF1 and 2, great little games. If the price is good I may pick this up.

It's $19.99 so that translates to €19.99. I don't know what that usually is in pounds.

I think about £15,99. Pretty steep, but knowing Wayforward it'll get discounted pretty soon. I can wait.

I'm in the mood for a new game but have been playing 2D games for the past several months so I think I'll look for something different now. I'm thinking about Hellblade which seems interesting and has got good reviews. 

I think £15.99 is decent for Mighty Switch Force Collection.  The first ones are two of the best games I've played.  What I can't stand is when a download is priced at £30+ just because there's a physical version as well.

8 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I'm in the mood for a new game but have been playing 2D games for the past several months so I think I'll look for something different now. I'm thinking about Hellblade which seems interesting and has got good reviews. 

I can recommend it. I wanted to post about it, but I didn't get around to it yet. But yeah, overall: good.

There's also a demo up for God Eater 3. I have some figures from the star of the first 2 games, without knowing what the source material was. The series seems to be some sort of Monster Hunter-type game? Though much more anime-style. I prefer the style at least.. But I barely tried out the demo because I was too giddy for Mario Maker. Any people who have an opinion on this? Especially Monster Hunters?

6 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I can recommend it. I wanted to post about it, but I didn't get around to it yet. But yeah, overall: good.

Cheers! Went for it yesterday but my Switch needed a system update so it didn't automatically download it - since it was 19 GB I didn't get around to playing it because I started the download it at 8 pm and the eShop is not the speediest of places.