NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

DC Universe Online has been announced for Switch, releases this summer:

Yeah, I completely agree with you @Hero-of-Time.  There’s no way that Nintendo can match the quantity of their 3DS output; that’s totally impossible.  Especially for the teams like Alphadream, who haven’t a hope in hell of putting out a HD game on their own.

That being said, the improved 3rd party support not only really helps to plug in the gaps; but it also really opens up doors for collaboration titles that simply weren’t viable on 3DS or Wii U.  Games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 simply wouldn’t have happened before, and they represent a big opportunity to help fill in the release gaps that HD development brings to the table.  

Not to mention indie collaborations like Cadence of Hyrule! That’s perhaps an even bigger deal! It absolutely blows the doors wide open for those smaller titles that we used to see and love on 3DS/DS/Wii! The prospect of Yacht Club Games or the Sonic Mania devs working on Nintendo’s IP excites me to no end! The possibilities are huge! :D 

So it’s not so cut and dry yet.  We’re still only in the early days of the Switch’s lifecycle; there’s still scope for it to build a great library of its own.  And the next 6 months are exactly what I’ve been hoping to see happen! The lineup for the second half of this year has me incredibly excited! Now I just hope they can keep up the pace!

• Thanks 2

Has anyone played Victor Vran online, what do I get from it (I still don't have online subscription, so I would like to know if it's worth it for Victor Vran and NBA 2K playgrounds)? Thx

Back in Feb a trademark for the Mana Collection popped up (think Dcubed mentioned in here). It was speculated that this would be for a translated version of the Mana games that had already been released in Japan on the Switch. Another has popped up today.

1559326075-collection-of-mana.png

If this is legit, I'd be very surprised if this doesn't show up at E3.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 4

content-4-35797-collectionofmanabanner.jpg

On the front page. :peace:

Any excuse to post that lovely artwork really... :D

I wouldn't mind if that was the cover for our version of the collection, assuming we're hopefully getting a boxed copy. :smile:

Please don't let us down now Square Enix, it's money on the table afterall. ;)

• Thanks 2

Sweet. For 2019 there are 9 games i'm after on that list and another 8 that I would rather have on my PS4. That's a nice split.

Switch

• Cadence of Hyrule
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Astral Chain
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Pokemon Sword
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Mario & Sonic

PS4

• Crash Team Racing
  • Bloodstained
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
  • Doom eternal
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Ni No Kuni Remastered
  • Final Fantasy VIII

I'm still not sure on Mario Maker 2. I care not for the creative aspect or the tripe levels that people tend to make. I'm more interested in how long the game lasts if just playing through the Nintendo made levels. Saying that, the online co-op mode looks fun so that may help sway me on it.

I'm waiting for reviews of Daemon x Machina. I think it still looks a little rough around the edges and i'm not a fan of how much stuff is through on the UI. It looks very messy and complicated.

EDIT: Oops. I forgot about Dragon Quest Builders 2. Shame on me. :nono:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I thought Panzer Dragoon was only for Switch?

For me from that list at least...

Cadence of Hyrule
Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain (maybe)
Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Gods & Monsters (probably)
Animal Crossing
Minecraft Dungeons
Lego Star Wars
Hollow Knight Silksong (most anticipated game. Cannot. F-ing. Wait.)

And obviously Metroid and BOTW 2

I'll probably play Gods & Monsters on Xbox X though

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I thought Panzer Dragoon was only for Switch?

They haven't outright said it's exclusive, just that there's nothing to announce yet. If it does stay exclusive then i'll obviously pick it up on the Switch.

Might get Pokémon SwSh, Animal Crossing, Lego Star Wars. Will wait and see about Metroid, but if they ever released the Trilogy on Switch, I would probs buy that.

My 2019 wishlist goes like this:

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy (though I pick it up when it goes down in price)
- Astral Chain
- Zelda: LA
- LM3
- Hollow Knight Silksong
- Pokémon Sword
- Ni no Kuni
And then perhaps Witcher III and Dragon Quest XI S at some point down the line. I like the look of the games but simply cannot see where to get the time to play them.

At the moment my list would be:

Switch

Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (maybe)
Zelda: Links Awakening (maybe)
Pokemon Sword/Shield (maybe)

Other Systems

Bloodstained
Final Fantasy VIII
Ni No Kuni (maybe)

After going through that long list, there's 32 games that I do want and only 11 that I don't... :blank:

...I'm going to need a bigger Switch shelf. :rolleyes:

Also, time to clear out some other games (not Switch titles) to make some room and funds for the new ones. :peace:

• Like 2

Four very solid 2019 games for me:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Link's Awakening
  • Dragon Quest XI

And also Animal Crossing, Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2.

• Thanks 1

content-4-35833-nintendologo.jpg

Nintendo Switch "My Way" commercials.

Super Mario Maker 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Check the article if you want to see them, it's good to see Nintendo advertising a bit more like this though.

:peace:

Kinda funny that E3 actually took away a first party title from this year’s lineup (and contained only a single new first party announcement; that probably isn’t coming out until 2021); and yet the lineup still looks packed!

Edited by Dcubed

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Kinda funny

miller-greg-image.jpg

that E3 actually took away a first party title from this year’s lineup (and contained only a single new first party announcement; that probably isn’t coming out until 2021); and yet the lineup still looks packed!

Yeah the line-up is insane! So much good stuff to look forward to, and it seems like a lot of third parties are finally on board.

At least AC is coming before the end of the fiscal year, probably with a Switch mini (if they don't get it out for Pokemon). 

I realised this morning that we didn't have a big online game reveal like Rocket League and Fortnite the previous two years, there were rumours of Overwatch or PUBG, but I can't say I'm desperate to play either.

No Bayo and STILL no Shin Megami Tensei V was my biggest disappointment. We've got NMH, Prime 4 (Maybe) and Zelda (probably) slated for next year, maybe another port or two in the first half of 2020. Future is looking very bright indeed. 

• Haha 2

Preorder_Batch_Alt_870x.png?v=1560550599

First Press Games have their first bundle of physical Switch games available now for anyone interested.

Yes I know, between Limited Run Games, Super Rare Games and Strictly Limited Games there's quite a few titles.

But if you want physical copies of games, in some cases these will be the only print runs, so I just thought I'd let people know these are available now...

...limited to one set per customer, it works out at about £30 per game there will be another batch or two after this, at different times.

Once the 500 copies sells out though, I think that's it, I've gone for it anyway and I'll let everyone know if they're any good when they arrive.

They don't ship until October buying them this way though as it goes by the release date of the last game, like other similar online retailers.

Is anyone interested in a feature about games for the Switch in physical form or about certain games being made in limited quantities?

I was thinking of writing such a feature if there is any interest.

It's funny how the fall seems so full of games and I'm worried that I can never get through them but right now, I don't have any game that I want to play since I finished Guacamelee! 2 the other day. I have bought Celeste but I'm not in the mood for a hard game. I also bought Crypt of the Necrodancer but I'm not really convinced I like it much. Maybe it's good for me to not have a game to throw myself at right now, gives me some room for other projects.

I have plenty and I even have a backlog. And there's too little time before mario makers comes out. Bloodstaines comes out on the same day and Mutant year zero just a few days before it. help!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It's funny how the fall seems so full of games and I'm worried that I can never get through them but right now, I don't have any game that I want to play since I finished Guacamelee! 2 the other day. I have bought Celeste but I'm not in the mood for a hard game. I also bought Crypt of the Necrodancer but I'm not really convinced I like it much. Maybe it's good for me to not have a game to throw myself at right now, gives me some room for other projects.

Mario Maker end of next week?

I've got so many eShop games I need to play I don't know where to begin. Bomb Chicken, Hyper Light Drifter, Moonlighter, Chasm, GRIS, Guacamelee 2, Katana Zero...