NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Some new Switch game listings popped up during the night over on the Best Buy website. Two of them were pretty much expected but the third is a surprise.

Spoiler

The games are Metroid Prime Trilogy, Persona 5 and A Link to the Past.

Best Buy already has Link's Awakening in their system so it doesn't appear to be a mix up with that.

Is another Zelda remake on the way for Switch? Could be.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

the third is a surprise.

Not at all. Nintendo will keep milking their old games for cash. ::shrug: 

• Like 1

Just now, drahkon said:

Not at all. Nintendo will keep milking their old games for cash. ::shrug: 

Spoiler

It's more the timing that's surprising. They've already announced a Zelda remake in Link's Awakening and they've also got that Crypt of the Necrodancer Zelda game coming out. If the Best Buy system leak is real, that means A Link to the Past is coming relatively soon. When games are using a single IP usually they are spread out more.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Leaked List (Reveal hidden contents)

It's more the timing that's surprising. They've already announced a Zelda remake in Link's Awakening and they've also got that Crypt of the Necrodancer Zelda game coming out. If the Best Buy system leak is real, that means A Link to the Past is coming relatively soon. When games are using a single IP usually they are spread out more.

Fair enough. Especially with Nintendo's release track record it's surprising to have them so relatively close to each other.

Just now, drahkon said:

Fair enough. Especially with Nintendo's release track record it's surprising to have them so relatively close to each other.

Spoiler

It could also just be the original A Link to the Past. I imagine SNES games will be arriving on the Switch this year and maybe it's something to do with that?

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Leaked List (Hide contents)

It could also just be the original A Link to the Past. I imagine SNES games will be arriving on the Switch this year and maybe it's something to do with that?

Well, it's about fucking time, isn't it? :D 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Leaked List (Hide contents)

Spoiler

It's a bit weird, though, because why would a SNES (online) game show up in a retailer's internal system?

12 minutes ago, MindFreak said:
  Weird (Hide contents)

It's a bit weird, though, because why would a SNES (online) game show up in a retailer's internal system?

Spoiler

No idea.::shrug: Some are speculating it may be a pre-order bonus for Link's Awakening.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some new Switch game listings popped up during the night over on the Best Buy website. Two of them were pretty much expected but the third is a surprise.

Games (Reveal hidden contents)

The games are Metroid Prime Trilogy, Persona 5 and A Link to the Past.

Best Buy already has Link's Awakening in their system so it doesn't appear to be a mix up with that.

Is another Zelda remake on the way for Switch? Could be.

Spoiler

Bluepoint's next game is supposedly a complete 'reimagining' - ALTTP full 3D remake??

Sounds more like to me that someone at Best Buy was having a bit of fun, but pressed the April Fools button a bit late...

Just chiming in to let you know that the next installment of the N-Europe Video Game Club (a monthly video game equivalent of a "book club" where people play one game and discuss it or simply post their experience) will feature a Switch game. Which one, you ask?

It's up to you to choose between two games picked by @LazyBoy.

Go HERE and leave your vote. Voting closes tomorrow at 5.30pm. :peace: 

Voting's over, and the winner is: Furi.

If you want to take part, join the discussion HERE

Disney were revealing details of their Netflix style streaming service last night called Disney Plus and at one point showed this slide:

D36EqPHW4AAhq6W.jpg

So it seems their service will be headed to the Swtich at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice saw a release through the week there ( I believe it was on the 11th) and Digital Foundry have put out a video looking at it.

Having played it on the PS4, I will say they've done a pretty impressive job porting the game over visually. I do wonder how certain areas later in the game hold up where there's far more happening on screen but by and large, it looks good. If you've not been able to play the game until now, seems like the Switch version is a solid effort.

• Thanks 3

Apparently, Amazon Germany is currently doing a sale of "Five Switch games for 150€" (these games), but the discounted price is only supposed to appear after the order has been placed/confirmed? There are also a bunch of minor restrictions in place (for example, only Amazon sellers), and it's not clear whether or not articles out of stock count or not (since it would be the same order, but not the same delivery).

@drahkon, have you ever seen similar deals from Amazon.de? Do you know how reliable they are? It'd be enough for me to know whether or not I can cancel the order immediately in case the discount doesn't go through.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Apparently, Amazon Germany is currently doing a sale of "Five Switch games for 150€" (these games), but the discounted price is only supposed to appear after the order has been placed/confirmed? There are also a bunch of minor restrictions in place (for example, only Amazon sellers), and it's not clear whether or not articles out of stock count or not (since it would be the same order, but not the same delivery).

@drahkon, have you ever seen similar deals from Amazon.de? Do you know how reliable they are? It'd be enough for me to know whether or not I can cancel the order immediately in case the discount doesn't go through.

The discount is displayed in the last step of the order.

Add the items to you cart and checkout, the discount should show on the page before you confirm the order.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

@drahkon, have you ever seen similar deals from Amazon.de? 

Just tried it. It's as Ike said, the last step of the order shows the discount. Be sure to choose "Amazon.de" as the seller, though. Not sure if it works with third party sellers.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I figured out why it wasn't showing for me. For whatever reason, Amazon isn't the default seller for most of the games I was picking, and since the sellers don't show on my shopping cart, I wasn't noticing. I re-selected every item, and now the discount has activated.

I'm still unsure of whether I should go through with the purchase, since it's a lot of money at once (and my backlog's already embarrassingly large). It would be a good way of filling my library all at once, but I need to think about it for a bit.

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Ok, I figured out why it wasn't showing for me. For whatever reason, Amazon isn't the default seller for most of the games I was picking, and since the sellers don't show on my shopping cart, I wasn't noticing. I re-selected every item, and now the discount has activated.

I'm still unsure of whether I should go through with the purchase, since it's a lot of money at once (and my backlog's already embarrassingly large). It would be a good way of filling my library all at once, but I need to think about it for a bit.

Don’t know if you mind (but I know most collectors do). But the age verification banner on german game covers is a real pain in the eyes.

15 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Don’t know if you mind (but I know most collectors do). But the age verification banner on german game covers is a real pain in the eyes.

It's why I never buy from Amazon.de, eventhough they have these deals regularly. That said, @Jonnas, you should decide quickly because these deals never last long.

16 hours ago, Sméagol said:

It's why I never buy from Amazon.de, eventhough they have these deals regularly. That said, @Jonnas, you should decide quickly because these deals never last long.

The age seals, I can deal with (not the first time I've bought German games). But the deal ended literally the next day :heh: I could swear I read it would last until the 20th.

May have been for the best. I got a backlog to catch up to.

Switch got a new firmware update overnight/this morning:

Added the following system functionality: 

• A Sort Software feature is available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu 
    • Software can be sorted by time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher
    • The All Software option displays when there are 13 or more software icons on the HOME Menu
  • A View All Available News option is available within News, allowing you to view all news items currently being distributed 
    • Go to News > Channel List > View More
  • Select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the HOME Menu > Profile 
  • A feature to Transfer Your Save Data is now available, allowing you to transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems 
    • Go to System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data 
    • Save data will not remain on your source system after the transfer process completes
  • A Zoom feature can be enabled from within System Settings 
    • Go to System Settings > System to turn Zoom ON 
    • Once enabled, you can use the Zoom feature by pressing the HOME Button twice
  • An option is available to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected 
    • Go to System Settings > Sleep Mode > Wake When AC Adapter is Disconnected
    • This also applies when undocking your console
  • A VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction is available within Parental Controls 
    • This will also be available in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app through a later update 
    • Go to System Settings > Parental Control 
    • These settings can also be changed from within Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit 
  • Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region 
    • Go to System Settings > System > Region
  • The following names have been changed (functionality remains the same) 
    • Save Data Cloud Backup > Save Data Cloud 
    • Transfer Your User and Save Data > Transfer Your User Data

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone think that the data transfer between systems gives any credence to the rumours of an upcoming Switch Pro?