NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

If the question is who would we want to 'join the fight', then any character with a history and a potentially unique set should be welcomed. Theres no doubt that Minecraft is a milestone game, it's just it wasn't really part of Nintendo's history. Then again neither is persona.

However Minecraft is the most likely by far, being that it's still a viable product for Microsoft, and they would only ever allow this if they could get something out of it.

If the question is who would we want to 'join the fight', then any character with a history and a potentially unique set should be welcomed. Theres no doubt that Minecraft is a milestone game, it's just it wasn't really part of Nintendo's history. Then again neither is persona.

However Minecraft is the most likely by far, being that it's still a viable product for Microsoft, and they would only ever allow this if they could get something out of it.

1 minute ago, LazyBoy said:

I'd agree with you, if it wasn't for Sakurai being an absolute mad man who generally just does his own thing. It's why we're blessed with the likes of Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt Duo and Piranha Plant. It's gonna depend on whether he goes for the historical aspect with Banjo or if he'll chase after the more relevant route with Steve.

It's impossible to tell.

As for the "Getting something out of it" My question is, does Minecraft need the boost? I remember it being pretty successful on Switch. Now, a theoretical Rare Replay port on the other hand could really benefit from the Smash effect (Patent pending) if they make it clear that "Look, Banjo's games are here! You should try them"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Out of all the Rare characters you could have picked...

Well if they managed to sneak Bayonetta under the ESRB/PEGI radar...

They'll probably just send a couple of quick pictures and they'll think "Aww, they've added a cute squirrel into the game; that's fiiiinnneeee"

• Haha 1

Personally, I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie, another Rare character (such as one of the Battletoads) or nothing.
I'd rather there be no representation from Microsoft then get Steve from Minecraft. :hmm:
I know the game is popular but in the grand scheme of videogame history, it's not that significant. (to me anyway)
I've played it, had a bit of fun with it, I can see that there's something there but... there are so many other games to be played.
I guess I should take the chance to enjoy what I can of Smash online before it's ruined by a DLC character that I don't want. (see you online after Mario Kart)
Nah... I really don't think it will happen, if it does then I would seriously have to consider whether I want that bit of dlc despite owning the season pass.
Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't really want Minecraft in Smash? :blank: (maybe I am, perhaps it's inevitable and something I'll just have to learn to live with)
Minecraft is far more significant in gaming history than Banjo Kazooie, which was basically a Mario 64 clone. I mean, I loved the game, but it was hardly revolutionary, and it didn't sell very well.

Minecraft on the other hand was/is a phenomenon. Unfortunately, the main character is about as bland as you can get.

It would be better if you had a few Minecraft levels and items in Smash, and then the character of BK.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bob said:

Minecraft is far more significant in gaming history than Banjo Kazooie, 

But not for Nintendo fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

DwhUtOaXQAAuCAH.jpg

But Samus already has an echo fighter...

Real talk though. That would be a kinda weak pick for Microsoft's first Smash character. Hardcore Nintendo fans won't care and I haven't met a single kid who knows who that is.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I hope you're kidding. I mean, everyone knows that's Halo. 

Kids don't play Halo.  They play Call of Duty.

9 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Kids don't play Halo.  They play Call of Duty.

Precisely. No doubting Halo has some historical clout, but a Nintendo platform doesn't really serve that well.

Halo trilogy on the switch wouldn't be a bad call. The portability would be great.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Halo trilogy on the switch wouldn't be a bad call. The portability would be great.

It would be pretty massive for both companies.  A guaranteed massive seller and a real industry shaking moment!

+3 

Some of my top gaming moments is from Halo 3. When you're attacking that huge scarab or whatever it's called. Jesus, that is one epic fight! 

+4

I'd buy it for the convenience and for the local co-op.

+6

The trilogy, along with Reach and ODST, are some of the finest FPS games on any console.

I have so many good memories of playing Halo 3 with the likes of Caris, Stefkov, NintenChris and other past N-E members. Absolutely fantastic game and it's a shame that the series has fallen so low now. :( 

I've never liked Halo at all.  Completed the original trilogy and it absolutely bored me to tears from start to finish.

I still want to see it come to Switch though; if only purely because of the historical significance it would represent.

There's plenty of Microsoft/Xbox Game Studios titles that I'd be very interested in playing on Switch though.  Phantom Dust, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Alan Wake, Gears of War 1-4, Rare's entire back catalogue (they can keep the Kinect Sports titles and some of their more modern releases though), Killer Instinct, Lost Odyssey, the Fable series, Age of Empires, Crackdown 1-3, Shadowrun, Project Gotham Racing 1-3 and Ori 1 & 2 would all find a very happy home on my Switch if MS were willing to bring them over! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

On 18/02/2019 at 2:46 PM, Ronnie said:

Shouldn't Joker be joining the battle soon...next month perhaps? Anyone know when the next DLC character is likely to be announced? April Direct for a launch around E3?

Edited by Tim B
Oops did not mean to quote. Someone please delete that!