NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

13 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Never mind... The guy has retracted his statement now... Apparently Ori and Halo are coming to Switch later on...

If true, how in the hell is the Master Chief Collection going to fit on the Switch? With all the updates and patches it has the thing is huge.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

If true, how in the hell is the Master Chief Collection going to fit on the Switch? With all the updates and patches it has the thing is huge.

Separate downloads and smart compression.  Also probably a 64GB Game Card.

Switch games are always smaller than their PS4/Xbox One counterparts anyway.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-gdc-panel-no-plans-for-xbox-live-sdk-for-switch-yet-but-expect-more-ports-like-cuphead-to-release-with-xbl-support-over-the-next-year.106609/

There it is.  More Xbox titles are coming to Switch this year!

Rare Replay is my ultimate (Project) dream, but I'll settle for the two Ori games and Gears of War for now!

Let the begging for Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie on Switch begin! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Interesting! So Nintendo just buys in on Microsoft's online infrastructure instead of making their own? For select titles, that is.

I think both Ori and Super Lucky's Tale are a lock at this point. Like Cuphead, I've wanted to play them both.

I hope some Rare games make it over. The Viva Piñata games deserve to be played by more people and I've always thought those games would resonate more with the Nintendo audience than Microsoft's.

I get the feeling that we won't be seeing the real big guns until E3...

The Halo series coming to Switch and Rare's titles coming back to Nintendo are just too big of an announcement to have outside of E3.  Coupled with a potential reveal of Banjo/Kazooie and Joanna Dark in Smash, and a revival of the cancelled Goldeneye Remaster; it would be absolutely industry shaking! That has to be their big ace in the hole for E3 if it's gonna happen this year!

Edited by Dcubed

The bird and bear in Smash would be a glorious thing to behold. Just think of the reveal trailer...:bouncy:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The bird and bear in Smash would be a glorious thing to behold. Just think of the reveal trailer...:bouncy:

The fact that this isn't an insane impossibility anymore makes me so ridiculously happy and excited!! :bouncy:

Anything is possible now!! Rare's games and characters can actually come home! :D 

• Like 1

E3 Nintendo Direct, they announce it all with a "It's coming home" spoof. Please happen. 

• Haha 1

Shit!! I just realised!!

Damon Baker (Nintendo’s former head of western third party relations) recently just left NOA to join Microsoft!!

HE’S THEIR MOLE!!!

THIS WAS ALL PART OF THEIR PLAN!!

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Nice tweet from Damon Baker.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It would, but I really think it's going to be Minecraft Steve. It just makes more sense sadly, Minecraft is one of the biggest things in gaming, and Banjo... is not. lol

I'm so hoping it's NOT Minecraft Steve... despite Minecraft's success, Banjo-Kazooie should take the Smash spot.

I mean, just imagine the moveset for Banjo-Kazooie! :D

Now imagine the moveset for Steve... :blank:

It's just no contest. ::shrug:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'm so hoping it's NOT Minecraft Steve... despite Minecraft's success, Banjo-Kazooie should take the Smash spot.

I mean, just imagine the moveset for Banjo-Kazooie! :D

Now imagine the moveset for Steve... :blank:

It's just no contest. ::shrug:

I think you could have a pretty fun moveset with Steve, plus he'll fit right at home with the seventeen sword wielding Fire Emblem characters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I think you could have a pretty fun moveset with Steve, plus he'll fit right at home with the seventeen sword wielding Fire Emblem characters.

Maybe... but I'm still not seeing it and I'm definitely not feeling it. :hmm:

Banjo-Kazooie would just fit in, plus if Microsoft are bringing more games to Switch then... Rare Replay.

That has all the Banjo Kazooie games, then it will be time for the real Banjo-Threeie. ;)

OK, maybe I'm dreaming there but still, stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S.C.G said:

OK, maybe I'm dreaming there but still, stranger things have happened.

I see what you did there....!

• Haha 1

Does the Microsoft relationship mean we might start seeing some of the Rare IPs back on a Nintendo console?

Just imagine how lovely that would be. Perfect Dark remaster on the eshop? Conker in Smash. One can dream.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Just imagine how lovely that would be. Perfect Dark remaster on the eshop? Conker in Smash. One can dream.

Out of all the Rare characters you could have picked...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Out of all the Rare characters you could have picked...

To be fair though, Conker would have quite a diverse selection of items at his disposal thanks to the "context sensitive" button. ;)

Everything from an aspirin to an arsenal of weapons. :D (But yeah, I suppose, no gratuitous amounts of blood in Smash so, it's a no go)

Banjo-Kazooie is suddenly sounding like more of a safe bet. :smile:

47 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Banjo-Kazooie is suddenly sounding like more of a safe bet. :smile:

Yep, pretty much a two horse race between Banjo and Steve as far as Microsoft is concerned. (Assuming Microsoft in Smash happens in the first place)

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, pretty much a two horse race between Banjo and Steve as far as Microsoft is concerned. (Assuming Microsoft in Smash happens in the first place)

Personally, I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie, another Rare character (such as one of the Battletoads) or nothing.

I'd rather there be no representation from Microsoft then get Steve from Minecraft. :hmm:

I know the game is popular but in the grand scheme of videogame history, it's not that significant. (to me anyway)

I've played it, had a bit of fun with it, I can see that there's something there but... there are so many other games to be played.

I guess I should take the chance to enjoy what I can of Smash online before it's ruined by a DLC character that I don't want. :p (see you online after Mario Kart)

Nah... I really don't think it will happen, if it does then I would seriously have to consider whether I want that bit of dlc despite owning the season pass.

Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't really want Minecraft in Smash? :blank: (maybe I am, perhaps it's inevitable and something I'll just have to learn to live with)

Edited by S.C.G

Just now, S.C.G said:

Personally, I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie, another Rare character (such as one of the Battletoads) or nothing.

I'd rather there be no representation from Microsoft then get Steve from Minecraft. :hmm:

I know the game is popular but in the grand scheme of videogame history, it's not that significant. (to me anyway)

I've played it, had a bit of fun with it, I can see that there's something there but... there are so many other games to be played.

My money is on Banjo personally. I feel like there's more room for a moveset just from the stuff they do in the two N64 games alone. Plus, let's face it, if Rare were still with Ninty, they would have gotten in back in Brawl.
Plus, the N64 is kinda lacking in playable characters in Smash. We have Captain Falcon, Sheik, Young Link, Ganondorf and Villager. It could use a sixth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

My money is on Banjo personally. I feel like there's more room for a moveset just from the stuff they do in the two N64 games alone. Plus, let's face it, if Rare were still with Ninty, they would have gotten in back in Brawl.
Plus, the N64 is kinda lacking in playable characters in Smash. We have Captain Falcon, Sheik, Young Link, Ganondorf and Villager. It could use a sixth.

I really hope you're right, I'd love it to be Banjo-Kazooie. :D

As for the rest... we get three more right? After we get Joker from Persona.

Well... I really can't guess, I know we've got bets on in another thread but after Joker was announced, really anything is possible within reason. :smile:

Just not Steve... or Waluigi... although... :p