NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Just Dance games work roughly the same regardless of the system being played, that is you copy (mirror) the movement of the on screen dancer/s on screen. For the Switch version you hold the joycon in your right hand and move to the moment of the dancer. So I don't have this game but I found out there are over 40 songs for Just Dance 2019 but more songs if you use Just Dance Unlimited online service. If you buy the game brand new then it should come with a month free trial of Just Dance Unlimited.
Normally the e-shop version will hold it's price more than the physical version over time. On a side note the previous game, Just Dance 2018 on the Switch is currently £19.99 via amazon.co.uk
I recommend having a quick look on YouTube about reviews of the game and then you decide.
This is for the US version but worth a look - https://www.imore.com/everything-you-need-know-about-just-dance-2019-nintendo-switch

Thx. I know abot the system (the joycons), I just didn't know how many songs you get when you buy the game (songs which stay "free" the whole time). 40 songs sounds OK.

It is 29,99 euros on e shop right now.Thx.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Thx. I know abot the system (the joycons), I just didn't know how many songs you get when you buy the game (songs which stay "free" the whole time). 40 songs sounds OK.

It is 29,99 euros on e shop right now.Thx.

PS Do I need the online subscription for this game?

3 minutes ago, Kounan said:

PS Do I need the online subscription for this game?

No you can play this game without the online subscription but you will just have the 40+ games that come with the game. Also you can play this game offline as well.

No you can play this game without the online subscription but you will just have the 40+ games that come with the game. Also you can play this game offline as well.

Aha, and when I get the unlimited pass for just dance, do I need the nintendo online subscribtion then? 

And it lools like I am going to use the eshop sale (can't believe the prices are the same for 17, 18 and 19 version) as Amazon does not deliever to Bosnia and Hercegovina.

21 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Aha, and when I get the unlimited pass for just dance, do I need the nintendo online subscribtion then? 

And it lools like I am going to use the eshop sale (can't believe the prices are the same for 17, 18 and 19 version) as Amazon does not deliever to Bosnia and Hercegovina.

I found this from Nintendo.co.uk for Just Dance 2019.

Internet connection required during online play. To use online services, you must create a Nintendo Account and accept the related agreement. The Nintendo Account Privacy Policy applies. Some online services may not be available in all countries. Online play requires paid online membership.

However from Ubisoft themselves -

Do I need to have a Nintendo Switch Online membership to play multiplayer modes on Just Dance?

No! You don't need a NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE membership to benefit from the Just Dance and Just Dance Unlimited multiplayer features.

If you do have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, the new SAVE DATA CLOUD FEATURE will work with Just Dance. 

Edited by sumo73

Unsure as I don't have the game but I found this from Nintendo.co.uk for Just Dance 2019.
Internet connection required during online play. To use online services, you must create a Nintendo Account and accept the related agreement. The Nintendo Account Privacy Policy applies. Some online services may not be available in all countries. Online play requires paid online membership.
Thx a lot. I've just checked and it looks like I don't need it. Great.

Btw. do you guys/girls :) think the 29.99 euros price is good? I can't find it cheaper.

21 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Btw. do you guys/girls :) think the 29.99 euros price is good? I can't find it cheaper.

So that's about £26 here, that's ok but I wouldn't pay more. I personally prefer physical copies of games. Regarding the cost, it all depends on how much use the game is going to get. Just bare in mind the phone app doesn't work with Just Dance 2019 for the Switch (or even Wii U version). I used this before with the Wii U but quickly went back to using standard controls.

5 minutes ago, sumo73 said:

So that's about £26 here, that's ok but I wouldn't pay more. I personally prefer physical copies of games. Regarding the cost, it all depends on how much use the game is going to get. Just bare in mind the phone app doesn't work with Just Dance 2019 for the Switch (or even Wii U version). I used this before with the Wii U but quickly went back to using standard controls.

In Bosnia new is about 35 pounds, and thegamecollection who deliever it to Bosnia don't have it right now, on other sites it's 30+ pounds. 

My daughter seems to like it a lot and I don't want her to use the phone as it is to big for her (she is 6 years old) and because she likes it a lot, I hope that she will play it for at least a year or two (my wife seem to also like it, which will be great as a type of exercise) so it should be one of the games I don't plan to get rid of (she could actually use it for years to come with her friends - I hope at least).

Thx for the help :).

• Like 1

Is it me, or are the prices on the US eshop lower. I am looking at it and just dance is 15.99 dollars on sale, while the full price is about 30 dollars or so? Some other games also seem cheaper (football manager...)?

I've paid 29,99 euros for just dance and it was 50% off.

Am I missing something? Is it worth it to make another account with different region as we are able to link up to 8 accounts on one console?

20 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Is it me, or are the prices on the US eshop lower. I am looking at it and just dance is 15.99 dollars on sale, while the full price is about 30 dollars or so? Some other games also seem cheaper (football manager...)?

I've paid 29,99 euros for just dance and it was 50% off.

Am I missing something? Is it worth it to make another account with different region as we are able to link up to 8 accounts on one console?

They are generally cheaper by and large.  Even mainland Europe is usually cheaper than the UK.

The UK gets screwed almost all the time on pricing.

36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:
They are generally cheaper by and large.  Even mainland Europe is usually cheaper than the UK.

The UK gets screwed almost all the time on pricing.

So I should make one as I can't make a Bosnian one anyway.

Wish I knew that before. Thx.

Edit: Do we have any Americans on the forum :)?

Edited by Kounan

Really interesting stuff.

The 51:47 percent ratio between docked and undocked is cool to see, a true hybrid.

• Like 1

For the USA eshop, what is the best zip code to give (because of the tax)?

4 hours ago, bob said:

I've just got Steamworld Heist for 6,57 dollars after tax. It look like the sales are also much better, then in Europe. I just wished I've found about it 5-6 day ago, could have got another game.

So apparently support for the Switch's joy-cons has been added to the source code of Google Chrome. This could either mean:

- Chrome browser is coming to the Switch or,

- Chrome on other platforms could receive joy-con support. Which is interesting as Google will probably launch a console of their own soon.

Source:

• Thanks 1

Chrome already supports a number of controllers, it was originally implemented to to play HTML5 games but it will also be to use with their streaming service. It doesn't mean Chrome browser is coming to the Switch. It's more like how Steam supports multiple controllers. 

Switch was the highest selling console again in February

But Nintendo isn’t just performing well in relation to the current PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Switch delivered some of the best February results for the company in years.

“Nintendo generated its highest February-month hardware dollar sales since February 2011,” said Piscatella. “The company also reached the highest year-to-date dollar sales for Nintendo-produced hardware since 2011.”

In February 2011, Nintendo was selling both the Wii and Nintendo DS. And while both were beyond their prime at that point, they combined to sell more than 900,000 total consoles. Although, it’s important to remember the Switch costs more than either of those systems did at that point. Regardless, the Switch has momentum and each month it finds new ways to maintain that velocity.

The Switch’s strong February sales come despite a dearth of new, big-name releases at retail. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was once again the platform’s best-selling game, though. And it seems likely that the megahit continues to drive adoption.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/19/switch-outsells-xbox-ps4/

Edited by Ronnie

Never mind... The guy has retracted his statement now... Apparently Ori and Halo are coming to Switch later on...

Edited by Dcubed