33 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But what do we know about 2020? 😋

UnfitLongBarbet-size_restricted.gif

:p

Edited by Julius

46 minutes ago, Julius said:

UnfitLongBarbet-size_restricted.gif

:p

I saw this before the edit so already things are dropping off the 2020 release list 

• Haha 1

I'm gonna guess that

Animal Crossing is September
Luigi's Mansion 3 is October
Pokemon is November
Link's Awakening is December

Town and Daemon X Machina will just slot in elsewhere. :p 

I'm a little gutted that Fire Emblem was pushed back until July. It's not because I really want to play the game but more that I just know we are going to have to put up with another showing of it when E3 arrives. :D 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

llxi4mlzhig21.png

I’m only interested in Astral Chain, Zelda, LM3 & MP4... :blank:

The second half of this year is absolutely stacked with games but I'm a bit gutted by the fact that the first half of the year is just Yoshi (and a port of Mario ofc). Even just one more game would have massively helped, although I guess that game would have been Fire Emblem if not for it getting delayed.

I just want them to announce Metroid Prime Trilogy HD :cry:

Imran Khan of Game Informer was on Kinda Funny Games Daily recently (prior to last week's Direct), and teased that Nintendo is planning on reviving a previously cancelled project:

Let me hint at something, I guess. This is a thing that I’m going to write up at some point as soon as I get some more sources on it. But there’s a game that’s thought to be dead that Nintendo’s reviving, and it’s not one that people would expect. It was very much a title that was dead and buried – very officially cancelled.

... I've heard enough about this game that I’m almost sure it exists again.

Any ideas? From his phrasing, he doesn't seem to indicate whether the project was a first or third party game...and, if anything, perhaps reviving a third party game would make the most sense for Nintendo, in exchange for exclusivity and the potential good will/existing interest in that game?

I can't find many cancelled first party Nintendo games that stand out as obvious candidates that should be revived. Perhaps Mega Man Legends 3, or something along those lines? 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.  it's time! :cool:

(hammer time!) ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Dinosaur Planet.

You joke, but I actually quite liked StarFox Adventures. I wouldn't mind another crack at that.

Well, apart from the stupid final boss... That was beyond dumb.

It was a semi-joke. I actually don't like Star Fox Adventures, and to this day I'm curious what the original game would have been.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

It was a semi-joke. I actually don't like Star Fox Adventures, and to this day I'm curious what the original game would have been.

My guess would be probably quite similar, minus the obvious StarFox stuff.

The actual main gameplay has pretty much nothing to do with the StarFox universe. Remove the Arwing sections and change the final boss and you'd still have a full game there.

I remember loving it at the time but playing it nowadays I’d probably have a different opinion. Some games you liked are best left in the past :laughing:

8 minutes ago, markderoos said:

It’s Scalebound

You see, now I'm sad...

• Haha 1

Any chance it's F-Zero? I'm desperate for a tough as nails driving game. GX was a bloody masterpiece, but how long ago is that now? 15 years? 

Or Mother 4? A man can dream.

If this rumour is true, I'm hoping it's Star Wars: Rogue Leaders.

It's about time we had a decent Star Wars game and this deserves to be released!

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

It’s Scalebound

A very valid guess, I think. Though it making many people very happy is a bit off as many people don't know Scalebound, I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's about time we had a decent Star Wars game and this deserves to be released!

That was actually my first thought as well, but Disney's deal with EA pretty much excludes it. Shame, there's a criminal lack of space shooters these days.

11 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Any chance it's F-Zero? I'm desperate for a tough as nails driving game. GX was a bloody masterpiece, but how long ago is that now? 15 years? 

Or Mother 4? A man can dream.

The exact phrase was a "game that's thought to be dead" which gives the impression that it's a game that's believed to be cancelled.

If he said series, you'd have a point, but I haven't heard of any F-Zero game that got cancelled.

Edited by Glen-i

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This is still my most wanted, publicly cancelled, game!!

Bloody criminal that it never came out! It represents the absolute height of Wii-era 3rd party publisher incompetence and stupidity!

A literal, guaranteed multi-million seller that just got completely sat on; at a time where Lucasarts were desperate for a hit! Unbelievable!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1