NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

So, even though we've got games to look forward to this year, I'm kind of curious... how is everyone's backlog on the Switch? ;)

I will post pictures at some point but currently my physical Switch game library which is mostly backlog is now 50+ games. :blank:

This is the "physical were possible" path that I've chosen for Switch games though so this does include titles from...

Limited Run, Super Rare Games and Strictly Limited Games

I've been trying not to buy games which contain half the game on a card and the rest download or one game card the other download...

...but I did make exceptions for Doom, Wolfenstein II and Bayonetta. ::shrug:

Anyway, hopefully I should get around to playing some of these games soon and if anyone is interested in the actual collection then I'd be happy to photograph it all at some point and showcase some of those games which had limited releases... interestingly I know that Yooka Laylee is arriving soon so maybe I could write a follow-up to that Yooka Laylee 64 Bit Edition article I wrote... nearly two years ago, where'd that time go? :hmm:

How is everyone else doing with their Switch backlog? (Digital, physical or otherwise)

Also, if you're all digital... how are you doing for SD card space? :p (25.0GB System Memory and 130GB microSD card free space here)

(Worth noting that I have 14.0GB of screenshots and videos, 10,000 screenshots is the limit in case you were wondering, I need to archive)

• Like 1

Not much of a backlog on Switch... I can’t even begin to talk about my PS4 backlog though :shakehead

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kav said:

Not much of a backlog on Switch... I can’t even begin to talk about my PS4 backlog though :shakehead

Backlogs.....uhhh i'm drowning! I've got Red Dead, Spider-man and Ni No Kuni 2 on PS4 that i've just barely done an hour on each and my Switch? Bayonetta 1 + 2, The Stick of Truth, Pokemon Eevee, Tales of Vesp, Grim Fandango, Banner Saga 1,2 & 3! 

The backlog generated when my mates went back to Destiny and i dropped everything to finally play it with people again! only the moment i suggest that people on here looking for raid teams would be up to join us, they all go back to space ninja frame because some updates come out! Atleast now i can go to the backlog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually don't have a backlog. I have been really good at buying games and then playing them and have been considering which games to buy more than before. I have been going through a process in my head to see if a game will actually bring me something new, a new experience, and then if yes, would I actually be able to play the game before the next big game comes out? Over the past 5 months, I have only got a few of the bigger games, meaning that I could bring down my wishlist considerably.

So at the moment, my wishlist is my backlog which is nice. 

• Thanks 1

The latest Nintendo Investor’s Q&A is out in English now!

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190208e.pdf

Some excerpts...

Shigeru Miyamoto (Representative Director, Fellow):
I am continuing to entrust more authority to younger people, and I believe it is through them
that we have established our own unique, Nintendo-like development structure. I want to continue to nurture their growth, while we preserve Nintendoʼs unique way of making games.
Regarding our development process, the fact that we have developed and released Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which can be called a mega-title, shows that the process is running smoothly and that operations are going well, I believe. .
At the same time, one appealing aspect of the video game business is that you can create something a lot of consumers will react very positively to if you add just a little extra value, even if itʼs not dependent on hardware performance. There are indie games spreading widely across consumers even though those titles were not large-scale titles developed by many people. We always value this point and want to nurture the people who can create “core components” like that. And if we can continue to repeatedly refine the "core components of play" that those individuals create into the future, I think we'll be able to continue creating Nintendo-like products, and I feel that those individuals are steadily growing at Nintendo...

Unit sales of Nintendo 3DS have declined significantly. Iʼd like to hear your thought on sales plans, for instance, coexistence of Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch, as well as any ideas for Nintendo Switch at a lower price point or smaller size as such.
A4
Furukawa:
While the Nintendo 3DS market has contracted faster than we anticipated, currently many of
consumers who newly purchase Nintendo 3DS are consumers purchasing Nintendo 3DS as their first game system. Nintendo 3DS is appealing as a portable game system, that is easy to carry around since it is small and light, and at a very desirable price point. Demand still remains from parents looking to purchase a first game system for their children. That is why our basic policy is to proceed with both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS in our dedicated video game platform business.
Regarding future sales of Nintendo Switch, what we first need is to drive sales of one system per household, and we will work towards increasing demand to expand the installed base much further than now. On the other hand, in a survey of households asking how many family members use Nintendo Switch, we found that, while a certain number of households have multiple family members who play on a single console, some households have already purchased multiple consoles. Going forward, we aim to generate such demand among consumers as they feel like “I want to have my own Nintendo Switch console” through measures such as software offerings, not necessarily so that each person will have one, but so that each household will have multiple Nintendo Switch consoles.

Q7
Female gamers are growing in number year after year, but what is the proportion of female employees in your hardware and software development departments?
A7
Takahashi:
There are many female developers in the software development departments. Especially,
there are many design works involved in developing software, and very high number of females among our designers. Many of them have children, and we have created an environment to work with comfort even for those who have children. I think that it is a very good workplace where women can participate actively and find satisfaction in their work.
Miyamoto:
There are also many females actively involved in development. The director of the Animal
Crossing series is a woman, and there are many female designers working actively. When I had chances to look at other development companies in Europe and the US, they give the impression that theyʼre overwhelmingly male-dominated. Compared to companies like that, Nintendo has a lot of female developers energetically working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just got Smash in my backlog (is it really a backlog? More like just my 'log').

Then I've got Yakuza 0 and Just Cause 4 to play on PS4. I guess Yakuza is my log, and JC4 is my backlog.

Mine...:cry:

be41e0ca837d0c5e96d81cc1fdbcbf55-full.jp

Not sure I'll bother with Uncharted 4 though, I tried playing the trilogy and the first one bored me to tears. The remaining indies on PSN will move over to Switch when they're announced.

• Thanks 1

There are many female developers in the software development departments. Especially,
there are many design works involved in developing software, and very high number of females among our designers. Many of them have children, and we have created an environment to work with comfort even for those who have children.

I don't know why but I found this quote very entertaining as if men don't have kids. Classic Nintendo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, S.C.G said:

How is everyone else doing with their Switch backlog? (Digital, physical or otherwise)

Also, if you're all digital... how are you doing for SD card space? :p (25.0GB System Memory and 130GB microSD card free space here)

(Worth noting that I have 14.0GB of screenshots and videos, 10,000 screenshots is the limit in case you were wondering, I need to archive)

My retail backlog is not too bad.  There's nothing I haven't played at all, but I want to replay Breath of the Wild sometime, do the post-game of Super Mario Odyssey and possibly finish Ys VIII.

I download too many games, though.  Again, there aren't many that I haven't completed, but I feel like I need to master the arcade games - Bad Dudes, Two Crude Dudes, Final Fight, Metal Slug etc.  I'd really like to be able to 1-cred them, although perhaps that isn't realistic.  As for SD card space, I'm pretty good at deleting games I've decided I dislike, but still only have space for one retail download.  There were some mid-size downloads I deleted, such as Hollow Knight and Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition.

The only released game I haven't bought but definitely want to play is Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, so I regard that as in my psychological backlog.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Mine...:cry:

be41e0ca837d0c5e96d81cc1fdbcbf55-full.jp

Not sure I'll bother with Uncharted 4 though, I tried playing the trilogy and the first one bored me to tears. The remaining indies on PSN will move over to Switch when they're announced.

I find it funny that you have future games on your backlog. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are only a couple of Switch games on my backlog, Hyper Light Drifter and Resident Evil Revelations 2, but that's of the games that I've already bought and downloaded - my eShop watch list is longer than my arm and is only getting longer, I doubt I'll ever be able to buy them all but I definitely intend to. 

I have probably bought more digitally than physically but only got round to getting an SD card a few weeks ago so I could finally install Revelations 2, I've managed to get by for almost 2 years just deleting what I've finished from the internal memory but Revelations proved a bit too big to fit even when I'd decluttered as much as possible. 

PS4 backlog is about half a dozen games, then there are about 30 more spread across a variety of other consoles. I fully intend to reduce the backlog significantly this year but I know I'll just end up buying as many new games as I tick off the list.

• Thanks 1

So, we were just talking about rumours and potential leaks the other day, and well...we might have a date for the next Direct :D

king zell over on ResetEra teased "13 is your lucky number..... and am out". I'm going to go out on a whim and assume that they're referring to the Direct being held on February 13th (i.e. next Wednesday), and not 13 months from now...

Anyways, from what I recall, he's a pretty reliable source when it comes to stuff like this, and only really tends to get information out a few days ahead of Nintendo's events and Directs. I'll have a look around to see if I'm recalling that correctly, or if I'm misremembering.*

They've also apparently talked before about what they've heard is coming in 2019...but I haven't read it myself from the source, so I won't post that stuff here ::shrug:

*UPDATE: Seems like the real deal to me. Some examples are that they teased The World Ends With You shortly before last January's Direct Mini; talked the day before about the reveal event in Japan for Pokémon Let's Go, as well as saying that the games would be Yellow remakes; and hinted at Animal Crossing shortly before it was announced last year, too. 

I also found their post where they talked about games coming in 2019, so for anyone interested: 

Spoiler

There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.

Spoiler: 2019 Games

Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

I must have at least 25 games in my Switch backlog, can't see myself really getting into it at all until my two weeks off work from the last week of March.

• Thanks 1

As far as my backlog goes, it's...

Switch

Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom (Almost done with this)
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Undertale
Phantasy Star

3DS

Miitopia (Almost done with this too)
Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers

That's all I've actually got on my consoles that I haven't finished, so yeah, not as bad as some of you.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Ah yes, the backlog. Well:

Nintendo Switch:

• Snake Pass (about half way)
  • Mario + Rabbids (90% done)
  • Sonic Mania (only completed it once with 1 character)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (still need to get some of the scenarios finished)
  • Manticore (about 1/3 completed)
  • Dark Souls
  • South Park The Fractured But Whole
  • Breath Of The Wild DLC
  • Shantae: Half Genie Hero

Nintendo 3DS:

• Rhythm Thief (somewhere around 60%?)
  • Steamworld Dig

PC:

• Resident Evil VI
  • Subnautica
  • Bioshock 1+2 Remastered
  • The Witcher III

And that is excluding some games that I've completed or are done with for now, but probably will get some more attention later. Also quite some games in my PC list that I've got for free but don't feel the direct need to play them.

Edit: forgot about Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros. World Of Light!

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 1

On 07/02/2019 at 11:18 PM, S.C.G said:

how is everyone's backlog on the Switch? ;)

Zen Bound 2 (almost complete)
Lode Runner Legacy (a few adventure levels left)
Pool Panic (about half way through)
Cave Story+ (just started playing recently)

And on PS4 it's only Nioh, which I'm also playing through at the moment.

If I were to include watch list stuff and games I'm yet to purchase then the backlog would be gigantic! :hehe: But yeah, I try to resist buying games until I'm definitely able to play them.

9 hours ago, Julius said:

we might have a date for the next Direct :D

Spoiler

h5ysN6B.gif

:heh:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 3

For a change, my PS4 backlog isn't too big.

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Skyrim (i'm determined to finish it)
  • Spyro Trilogy
  • SpiderMan DLC
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue

That's about it from memory, it's going up in March and April with the arrival of Assassin's Creed III, Liberations and Day's Gone

The Switch however, that's a different story

• Breath of the Wild
  • Shantae Half Genie Hero
  • Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
  • Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
  • Axom Verge
  • Celeste (i'll finish it)
  • Undertale
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I'm working on Let's Go, got 2 more gyms then the Elite 4.  Then the end-game content.

Forgot about some: :woops:

Switch:

Enter the Gungeon (no idea how far I am on this)
TumbleSeed (same with this one)
Zen Bound 2 (almost complete)
Lode Runner Legacy (a few adventure levels left)
Pool Panic (about half way through)
Cave Story+ (just started playing recently)

PS4:

Crypt of the NecroDancer (I'm terrible at this game, so kinda gave up)
Dangerous Golf (don't recall finishing this)
Nioh (on the 3rd region)

Still under 10 titles though (and mainly indie stuff), so not too bad. :D 

Oh, wait. I forgot that I haven't completed Octopath Traveler yet. It bored me after having play up to four chapter threes and one chapter 4. It was just too much of the same all the time. 

However, I may return to it to complete some more stories. So that's on my backlog. 

I only got to the Chapter Twos on Octopath Traveler. I adored it at first but it really did just turn into the same thing over and over again. Went back to it to give it another try and was like...nope! Thank u, next.

26 minutes ago, Tim B said:

I only got to the Chapter Twos on Octopath Traveler. I adored it at first but it really did just turn into the same thing over and over again. 

I think was the general feeling from many gamers who played the game. Shame. The game had such promise to start off with but quickly became repetitive. Still, at least the OST was amazing.

1 hour ago, Tim B said:

I only got to the Chapter Twos on Octopath Traveler. I adored it at first but it really did just turn into the same thing over and over again. Went back to it to give it another try and was like...nope! Thank u, next.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Finished two or three chapter twos and dropped it. Went back to it last week and just can’t get into it. Shame, as it’s gorgeous, combat system is great and the OST really is amazing. The stories are just so staggered though, I already can’t remember what the hell is going on despite re-reading everyone’s backstory. 

I've just finished (had it for a long time) the main story on Marrio+Rabbids KB. A great game.

I've ordered NBA Playgrounds 2 and Victor Vran, just have to wait for my family to bring it over from the UK. I hope that I will like it.

Now I can finish Wonderfull 101 on the Wii U, I hope.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

So...

New Super Mario Bros U DX
Yoshi's Crafted World
Daemon X Machina
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Animal Crossing
Super Mario Maker 2
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Gen 8
Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake

Plus things like Astral Chain, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and a fair few big third party games and smaller eShop games...

All in 2019.

What a software drought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1