NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You'd probably have to jump though some weird hoops just to play with your friends and form a squad.

You'd have to have experienced a terrible tragedy together but be unable to speak to anyone about it and one of you must be close to cracking and the rest of the group decide to play together online to distract them. 

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I reckon Nintendo should turn Battalion Wars into an online multiplayer shooter.

A squad-based multiplayer, Nintendo’s  take on games like Battlefield... and throw in a Battle Royale mode too.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I have zero faith that Nintendo could pull off such an online game. You'd probably have to jump though some weird hoops just to play with your friends and form a squad.

Nintendo would never make an online-only multiplayer team-based shooter. And certainly not two of them. 

[/Jk]

Edited by Ronnie

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Nintendo would never make an online-only multiplayer team-based shooter. And certainly not two of them. 

[/Jk]

Splatoon doesn't fit that description 😋

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

[/Jk]

You're kinda proving my point that Nintendo can't make an online shooter without having weird issues in terms of being able to hook up with your friends, playing as a mixed team of friends and randoms, communicating with them or sending out invites. Also, how in the heck did you manage to quote me as saying something that Kav originally wrote? :p 

In other news, Emily Rogers posted a vague list of releases that we should be seeing this year for the Switch.

It's difficult to give an exact number because any game can be pushed back to 2020 for marketing/scheduling reasons.

Let me try to explain this better.

The "Most likely" Nintendo-published game announcements for 2019. (70% chance or higher)

1. Mystery game #1
2. Mystery game #2
3. Mystery game #3
4. Mystery game #4
5. eShop game #1
6. Mystery Wii U port #1 (2013 title)
7. eShop game #2
8. New Labo Kit

The "Maybe" games for 2019. (The wild card titles - 50% chance or less)

9. Retro Studios secret game (this is assuming it wasn't canned)
10. Metroid Prime Trilogy (assuming Zell's info and Imran's info are correct)
11. Mystery Wii U port #2

The only one I can really take a guess at is game number 6. Providing this info is true, looking at what was released that year on the Wii U I can see it being either The Wonderful 101 or Super Mario 3D World. Given that we've already had a Mario Wii U port this year, and the fact that W101 has been teased before, i'm going with the game being The Wonderful 101. It would make sense seeing as at the start of the year Emily hinted that Platinum would have a strong showing for the Switch in 2019.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Given that we've already had a Mario Wii U port this year, and the fact that W101 has been teased before, i'm going with the game being The Wonderful 101.

It would be good if W101 makes it to Switch so more people get the chance to play it, but the only Wii U port I'm still interested in is Super Mario Maker. I'd say it's one of the simplest to convert too, as a grid based editing system works just fine (if not better) with button controls, and the option of using touch could still be there in portable mode anyway.

Looking forward to finding out what all of these mystery games are! :hehe:

Emily Rogers "insider info" seems pure bogus, anyone of us on here could come up with that guess list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Would be very surprised if we didn't get a Pikmin 3 port at some point as well.

2019 seems like as good a year as any for one!

Another decent video from Arlo about the success of the Switch and its future, worth a watch.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

Emily Rogers "insider info" seems pure bogus, anyone of us on here could come up with that guess list.

I can't believe there's going to be games released on the Switch!

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

I've had a rant about this in another place and these "insiders" really piss me off. They get lucky a couple of times and then act all high and mighty about how much they know. What does 70% sure even mean anyway? You either know, or you don't. Just an excuse for them to fall back on. 4 'unannounced' games coming in 2019? Ok mate.

What bugs me the most is how much discussion comes out of it, and then, inevitably the people who are wrong make their excuses and the backlash is directed at Nintendo for not giving the people what they want. So many people were "hearing rumblings" or had "close, reliable sources" tell them about Prime 4 at the Game Awards. Bullshit. StarFox GP. Bullshit. Pokemon Stars. Bullshit. Animal Crossing coming in April? Absolutely bullshit. Not a chance in hell.

It's all a big scam for attention, clicks and money via their Patreons or YouTube channels. A glorified dick-swinging contest.

I love predicting what's coming, but completely ignore these clowns who claim they know something. Plenty of good stuff to play on Switch now, plenty of confirmed stuff to look forward to and chat about if you want. Why should anyone waste their time on baseless speculation, I really don't get it? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I've had a rant about this in another place and these "insiders" really piss me off. They get lucky a couple of times and then act all high and mighty about how much they know. What does 70% sure even mean anyway? You either know, or you don't. Just an excuse for them to fall back on. 4 'unannounced' games coming in 2019? Ok mate.

What bugs me the most is how much discussion comes out of it, and then, inevitably the people who are wrong make their excuses and the backlash is directed at Nintendo for not giving the people what they want. So many people were "hearing rumblings" or had "close, reliable sources" tell them about Prime 4 at the Game Awards. Bullshit. StarFox GP. Bullshit. Pokemon Stars. Bullshit. Animal Crossing coming in April? Absolutely bullshit. Not a chance in hell.

It's all a big scam for attention, clicks and money via their Patreons or YouTube channels. A glorified dick-swinging contest.

I love everything about this post. :bowdown:

49 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

A lot of these YouTubers run in the same circles, so when you get one saying certain things will happen you then get another one backing them up without any more evidence than what the first person had.

I still don't understand the whole teasing thing either that you see over on Era a lot of the time. If you do know something then either just keep quiet about what you do know or actually have the balls to say what it is. The whole Game Awards Metroid thing that happened was one of the best things that came out of that event. It showed a lot of people up and since then most of them have been pretty quiet about things.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The whole Game Awards Metroid thing that happened was one of the best things that came out of that event. It showed a lot of people up and since then most of them have been pretty quiet about things.

Nintendo had all of them by the balls and then showed the Joker trailer which absolutely no-one predicted :laughing:

I really hope that the ones that do claim they have sources are getting fed false information. It seems like the only way for Nintendo to put an end to this nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

Why should anyone waste their time on baseless speculation, I really don't get it? 

This definitely seems to be more of a thing with Nintendo and I guess it's driven by the fact that part of the more devoted fan base (people that only game on Nintendo's systems, or to yet another extreme, only play their games) are pretty much insatiable. So yeah, for that group of fans it's constantly a case of wanting more, being in a permanent state of hype for Nintendo Directs :heh: and feeding off baseless speculation.

This GIF sums it up nicely. The Corgi represents those fans and the ball is anything Nintendo, real or not: :laughing:

h5ysN6B.gif

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Splatoon doesn't fit that description 😋

Do people really play the local multiplayer part of Splatoon ??

Great post @Nicktendo although tbf Emily Rogers has been the least annoying leaker and she gets a ton of things right.

That said her list is very hard to believe because frankly, unless some of those mystery games are 3rd party, it just seems like way too much in addition to what we already know is coming this year. Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Pokemon PLUS four new games and a Wii U port PLUS maybe Retro's game and a Metroid Prime trilogy?

Just feels like fantasy to me, and as usual it'll end up doing more harm than good when everyone gets their hopes and expectations are dashed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Do people really play the local multiplayer part of Splatoon ??

It's more for tournaments.

Insider/Leak culture is frustrating but Rogers is generally pretty on the ball. Heck, she leaked most of the Switch's year one titles pretty early on. She also mentioned on Resetera yesterday that she isn't interested in sharing the games she's heard of as it ruins the surprise for fans and also must be frustrating for Nintendo staff. Her post with the list of untitled games was more about assuring people that there's more to come this year than just Yoshi, Fire Emblem, AC and Pokemon.

4 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

She also mentioned on Resetera yesterday that she isn't interested in sharing the games she's heard of as it ruins the surprise for fans and also must be frustrating for Nintendo staff.

Well done her. A leaker with maturity, finally.

Maybe Ubisoft man crying at the official reveal of a game she told everyone about months before made her realise that some things just aren't worth it.

2 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

Insider/Leak culture is frustrating but Rogers is generally pretty on the ball. Heck, she leaked most of the Switch's year one titles pretty early on. She also mentioned on Resetera yesterday that she isn't interested in sharing the games she's heard of as it ruins the surprise for fans and also must be frustrating for Nintendo staff. Her post with the list of untitled games was more about assuring people that there's more to come this year than just Yoshi, Fire Emblem, AC and Pokemon.

To be fair, if she did care that much about Nintendo's frustration then she should be reporting the person who is actually leaking this kind of stuff.

Leaks always baffle me, I mean, who exactly is telling people about this stuff? People who work for Nintendo? 3rd parties? Retailers? At work we deal with NDA's all the time and these's no way I would risk losing my job leaking information to people, friends or otherwise. It's a baffling practice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be fair, if she did care that much about Nintendo's frustration then she should be reporting the person who is actually leaking this kind of stuff.

Leaks always baffle me, I mean, who exactly is telling people about this stuff? People who work for Nintendo? 3rd parties? Retailers? At work we deal with NDA's all the time and these's no way I would risk losing my job leaking information to people, friends or otherwise. It's a baffling practice.

For titles that take 3-4 years of development and aren't announced too early, I'm actually surprised MORE stuff doesn't leak, especially when you've got 100's of people working on a game.

That said, I do believe some 'insiders' are deliberately given information from inside sources. The Starfox GP thing for example...It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's 100% accurate and the informaion was simply given out to let the initial confusion over the concept settle. Likewise, there are sites like Eurogamer who seem to get things very early.

4 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

That said, I do believe some 'insiders' are deliberately given information from inside sources. The Starfox GP thing for example...It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's 100% accurate and the informaion was simply given out to let the initial confusion over the concept settle.

Emily Rogers leaking Mario + Rabbids might have pissed off Ubisoft at the time but it probably did that game the world of good for this very reason.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Well done her. A leaker with maturity, finally.

Maybe Ubisoft man crying at the official reveal of a game she told everyone about months before made her realise that some things just aren't worth it.

Davide Soliani has stated he was crying at being overwhelmed seeing his game on stage being talked about by his idol and the culmination of a lifelong dream. The leak obviously threw them (they've talked about that too) but the tears were joyous.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Davide Soliani has stated he was crying at being overwhelmed seeing his game on stage being talked about by his idol and the culmination of a lifelong dream. The leak obviously threw them (they've talked about that too) but the tears were joyous.

I'm fully aware of why Davide was crying and I wasn't suggesting his tears were anything but joyous. My point was the humanising of video game development in that moment might have made Emily Rogers regret or at least rethink her decision to leak games from hard working devs before they're ready to be revealed.

I'm getting a bit worried about Nintendo's current line up, at least what we know of anyway.

Yoshi is coming out at the end of next month, and then I imagine Fire Emblem will be launching around May/June. I hope they've got another couple of games ready to come out on Switch between now and mid-year...Even Metroid Prime Trilogy in addition to a smaller eShop title or perhaps SNES games via the online service would be better.

I'll be grabbing Yoshi to play with the other half but in terms of single player content I was hoping for a bit more. That said, I've still got Yakuza Kiwami to play on PS4 (as well as a bunch of other 2018 titles like SotC and Spiderman) so I might take some time to get back into the PS4.

Apparently this is now the longest gap between main directs. Come on Nintendo...give us something :D

53 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm fully aware of why Davide was crying and I wasn't suggesting his tears were anything but joyous. My point was the humanising of video game development in that moment might have made Emily Rogers regret or at least rethink her decision to leak games from hard working devs before they're ready to be revealed.

Thanks for clarifying 👍