NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

16 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

@Ike I was referring to both first and third party, but I actually forgot about Blazblue :blush: (not that it's even remotely a significant release anyway)

Edit: Actually, which Blazblue is this anyway? It's not on the Gamefaqs release list and the only one I can see for Switch is Cross Tag Battle, which is already out (You can tell that I don't follow the series! It's all confusing to me!)

Central Fiction so it's a few years old at this point, I think it's the latest entry, minus Cross Tag. I lost track a long time ago.

There's a demo on the Japanese eShop which supports English if you're interested.

• Thanks 1

This is all a disaster! I just don't know what to do with myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nintendo are obviously waiting for all of us to catch up on our backlogs before unveiling and releasing all of their big titles (see how kind they are!).

That explains the endless release gaps, they know that we're never gonna catch up anyway.

That is actually really kind of them. Got about five games on my backlog now, which is a lot for me; need to finish Undertale and Bayonetta 2 then I have; Grim Fandango Remastered, Broken Age and Starlink which my friend bought me as a joke because I'd slagged it off so much!

• Thanks 1

A selection of known releasedates. In list form.

10-01 NSMBUDeluxe
10-01 Tales of Vesperia
15-01 Onimusha: Warlords
17-01 YIIK: A Post Modern RPG
18-01 Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
24-01 SMITE
31-01 Dragon Marked for Death

08-02 BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION
12-02 The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince
12-02 Trials Rising
14-02 OlliOlli: Switch Stance
19-02 STEINS;GATE ELITE

15-03 The Caligula Effect Overdose
29-03 Yoshi's Crafted World
29-03 Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World

23-04 Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
23-04 Mortal Kombat 11

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 4

I feel sorry for the people who stick to first party titles and complain that Switch has no games. Branch out a little.

• Thanks 1

I feel sorry for the people who stick to first party titles and complain that Switch has no games. Branch out a little.
Honestly, it's cheaper doing it the other way though.

On 09/01/2019 at 12:12 PM, bob said:

This is all a disaster! I just don't know what to do with myself.

Wouldn't it be great if they announced a port of this right now:

250px-Disaster_Day_of_Crisis.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

No I want a sequel dammit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Probably one of the most overlooked games of the Wii. It's a proper flawed gem!

The main character, Raymond Bryce, managed to get in Smash as a Spirit and no-one noticed/cared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yoshi's Crafted World is now available to pre-order on the eShop, for those who are that way inclined.

So my Genki adapter just arrived...

9c083d70c92c3f2e2b18608c8be7a6db_origina

This thing Fucking Rules!! :D

It works so ridiculously well that I can hardly believe it's real! It does indeed broadcast two seperate, distinct, stereo bluetooth signals to two seperate bluetooth devices! The quality is flawless and the lag is near non-existant when using a decent set of bluetooth headphones (I tried it with a set of airpods and the performance was flawless!).  It boasts Bluetooth 5 aptX support and it shows!

It draws power from the Switch itself (so no battery charging required), includes a USB-c passthrough port, and fits flush with the Switch, with a satisfying and professional feeling click.  The build quality is also utterly superb.  You could've told me that this was an official, first party Nintendo product and I would've believed you!

The best bit though? It is completely seamless! To steal an overused Apple adage? It Just Works! I've tried pulling it out while playing and plugging it back in; it seamlessly reconnected to the headphones automatically, like nothing happened! I turning off the airpods and then turning them back on? Flawless reconnection! Even when connected to two seperate BT devices at once!

And the connection process? Again, It Just Works.  As advertised, you hold down the P1/P2 button respectively for 3 seconds, turn on your BT device and make it search for the Genki; bam! Done! Seamless! :D 

This thing even adds a microphone to the Switch itself, adding native voice chat support through the device itself for supported games like Fortnite.  With an adapter (sold seperately) it can also be used in Docked mode too!

This thing fucking rocks and I can't recommend it enough for anyone wanting BT audio support from Switch (or any other device that supports USB audio).  It is everything you could've possibly have hoped for! (The only thing bad I can say about it is that there's no way to use it with a 3DS).  This thing is amazing and worth every single penny I kickstarted it for! Well chuffed with the end product! :D 

• Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

So my Genki adapter just arrived...

9c083d70c92c3f2e2b18608c8be7a6db_origina

This thing Fucking Rules!! :D

It works so ridiculously well that I can hardly believe it's real! It does indeed broadcast two seperate, distinct, stereo bluetooth signals to two seperate bluetooth devices! The quality is flawless and the lag is near non-existant when using a decent set of bluetooth headphones (I tried it with a set of airpods and the performance was flawless!).  It boasts Bluetooth 5 aptX support and it shows!

It draws power from the Switch itself (so no battery charging required), includes a USB-c passthrough port, and fits flush with the Switch, with a satisfying and professional feeling click.  The build quality is also utterly superb.  You could've told me that this was an official, first party Nintendo product and I would've believed you!

The best bit though? It is completely seamless! To steal an overused Apple adage? It Just Works! I've tried pulling it out while playing and plugging it back in; it seamlessly reconnected to the headphones automatically, like nothing happened! I turning off the airpods and then turning them back on? Flawless reconnection! Even when connected to two seperate BT devices at once!

And the connection process? Again, It Just Works.  As advertised, you hold down the P1/P2 button respectively for 3 seconds, turn on your BT device and make it search for the Genki; bam! Done! Seamless! :D 

This thing even adds a microphone to the Switch itself, adding native voice chat support through the device itself for supported games like Fortnite.  With an adapter (sold seperately) it can also be used in Docked mode too!

This thing fucking rocks and I can't recommend it enough for anyone wanting BT audio support from Switch (or any other device that supports USB audio).  It is everything you could've possibly have hoped for! (The only thing bad I can say about it is that there's no way to use it with a 3DS).  This thing is amazing and worth every single penny I kickstarted it for! Well chuffed with the end product! :D 

Best money I ever spent on Kickstarter.

• Thanks 1

Well, they just got another customer. Thanks for the heads-up @Dcubed, I hadn't even heard of that. The only thing annoying me with playing the Switch on my daily commute was having to plug in cables in my wireless headset every time I wanted good sound. This solves that issue :D

• Thanks 1

That looked great until I saw that Bose doesn't support aptX so there may be substantial lag. I have Bose QuietComfort 35 IIs so may hold fire until there are more reviews of people using it with Bose headphones. For now, I'll just keep the cable in my Switch case for when I want sound. 

I somehow ended up looking at the T&Cs of the user account thing on the Switch yesterday while trying to reset my password and at the bottom it gives you a few options that you have to delete as appropriate and sign and date. On a wall of text. On your Switch. With no input fields.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

What's funnier, is someone actually reading T&Cs

I always do!

Nah I just scrolled to the bottom to find the accept button. It didn't work so I had to quit the eshop and try again. 

Oh yeah I imagine that is what is happened, it just amused me. 

What an odd time it is in Nintendo calendar. I can't believe we have gone the first two weeks of January without a Direct or an announcement of one. They have held a major Direct as late as 23rd January before, so there is still hope for this month. Calm before the storm?

38 minutes ago, Tim B said:

What an odd time it is in Nintendo calendar. I can't believe we have gone the first two weeks of January without a Direct or an announcement of one. They have held a major Direct as late as 23rd January before, so there is still hope for this month. Calm before the storm?

Could be March for a major Direct, like last year. Or could be next week. Who knows