NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

THQ Nordic have announced on Twitter that they're bringing The Raven Remastered and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 to the Switch early next year. But more importantly, they've also announced that Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is also coming next year as well.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was always a game I wanted to play back in the GameCube but never did get round to it and never found a copy when I wanted to years later so it's great to see it's getting another go of it. Hopefully it'll be on multiple platforms but even if not, it's great to see THQ Nordic bring it back again. Hopefully bodes well for some of the other franchises they've picked up recently.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, Grazza said:

I'm not sure about that.  There's loads of nostalgia around the Mega Drive - I have a feeling it'll sell better.

It'll sell better due to being perceived as better value for money by people who don't know what the Ages line is.

Yeah, saw it as well! I was expecting an announcement for an eShop sale, instead we got this. Nothing for me, good news for those people who don't have a Switch yet.

5 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yeah, saw it as well! I was expecting an announcement for an eShop sale, instead we got this. Nothing for me, good news for those people who don't have a Switch yet.

We'll probably get one.  Probably won't be announced until that week's eShop update though.

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Oooh. Nice cheeky update to the shop. It was definitely needed.

Yep. It helped me to find the Aliens DLC for Pinball FX3 on sale today, which was a nice bonus. :hehe: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well this is interesting...

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/rumour-platinumgames-has-three-nintendo-switch-games-in-development/

Supposedly Platinum Games have 3 games currently in development for Switch (Including Bayonetta 3); and apparantly Hideki Kamiya is involved in all 3 of them!

Supposedly two of those games are on track for a 2019 release (Bayo 3 being one of them).

If I had to hazard a guess? I'd bet on the three games being Bayo 3 (obviously), a Switch version of The Wonderful 101 (Which was teased ages ago alongside the initial tease for Bayo 1&2 Switch) and a revival of Scalebound for Switch (Hideki Kamiya's last project and a game that was being built on UE4, an engine that runs very well on Switch ;) )

• Thanks 1

I have a question to my fellow nyurpers:

i bought a Switch in Melbourne, Australia and I will be moving back to The Netherlands next month taking my Switch with me.

In terms of account shennanigens is there something I should think about?

Luckily Nintendo came to their senses again and made their system region-free. I'm hoping that all I need to do is buy a new electricity cable.

8 minutes ago, Fused King said:

I have a question to my fellow nyurpers:

i bought a Switch in Melbourne, Australia and I will be moving back to The Netherlands next month taking my Switch with me.

Luckily Nintendo came to their senses again and made their system region-free. I'm hoping that all I need to do is buy a new electricity cable.

That shouldn't be a problem accountwise, you just need to change your country in My Nintendo for that profile. Only thing I see to take into considerations is the charger and power supply.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Fused King said:

Make sure that your eShop balance is zero.

I heard that when switching between eShop regions, if you have one currency stored and then you change to another, it wipes your balance.

Not sure if that's just if you change it via the website though, it's just something I looked into when deciding whether or not to bother changing region to JP for NES games...

...I decided against it in the end.

Anyway, other members who are more clued-up on it all should be able to give you the specifics but it's something worth taking into account. :peace:

Being that you're going from Australia to The Netherlands, it probably won't make that much difference but you never know.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

I finally got my hands on one of those 8bitdo thingys, so can now use various other controllers on my Switch. Have been testing it with a Wii U Pro Controller so far, and it works very well indeed. :cool: 

Takes a bit of getting used to the face buttons being underneath the right stick again, but it’s just nice to have the option of playing with non-messed up analog sticks, since the ones on my Joy-Cons have been dodgy for ages now.

• Thanks 2

Surprised that nobody here has mentioned the ongoing controversy surrounding Nintendo of Russia's CEO...

For those not in the loop, Yasha Haddaji, the head of Nintendo of Russia, was caught on a public livestream abusing and swearing at Nintendo staff and staff from the organisation running a local Mario Kart 8 DX tournament at Level Up.

Following this, staff from Nintendo of Russia went on to talk about how this represents his usual behaviour (plus claims of harrassment and more)

Today, another article from Nintendo Life came out detailing even more personal accounts of harrassment from him within Nintendo of Russia, within which, Nintendo of Europe have gone on record to make a public statement regarding Yasha Haddaji's conduct...

We are aware of a video uploaded to YouTube recently in which Nintendo Russia’s General Manager, Yasha Haddaji, is seen losing his temper during an altercation with an external vendor in charge of a Mario Kart livestream. Mr Haddaji’s conduct and choice of words are most certainly not in line with our company values.

We are also aware of further allegations that have appeared in the wake of this video and are now running a thorough investigation. We take these matters extremely seriously and will not comment further while we are running our investigation.

Looks like the Nintendo Ninjas are out for this guy's blood now.  Hopefully someone else more deserving of the role can take his place and finally give the Russian market the attention and support that they deserve!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 3

I seen the initial video but was unaware about the rest of the allegations. The guy should have been fired for the way he was acting on the video alone, never mind the rest of the stuff that has come into light.

The video is from June 2017 by the way, someone’s been holding on to this for a looooong time. 

• Thanks 1

The Pokémon Company has revealed that Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! have sold over three million units in their first weeks of sales, giving the games the highest first week sales of any Switch game.

A record which will more than likely last all of the next two weeks, but still :p 

Those are some very, very impressive numbers, given the current size of the Switch install base and the fact that this is something of an experimental remake/GO hybrid on TPC’s part. 

It’s very hard to imagine how well next year’s Pokémon games will sell, but I think the short end of it is “very well” :D 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Julius said:

The Pokémon Company has revealed that Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! have sold over three million units in their first weeks of sales, giving the games the highest first week sales of any Switch game.

A record which will more than likely last all of the next two weeks, but still :p 

Those are some very, very impressive numbers, given the current size of the Switch install base and the fact that this is something of an experimental remake/GO hybrid on TPC’s part. 

It’s very hard to imagine how well next year’s Pokémon games will sell, but I think the short end of it is “very well” :D 

Those are around the numbers of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, in case anyone is wondering.

The strange thing is, in Japan, this game didn't do as hot. Apart from the original Red/Green, it had the worst opening week in Pokémon mainline history.

18 minutes ago, Julius said:

While that's a given, it's interesting to see if it will do better or worse than Let's go. At this point, I have no idea and would not want to bet.

Just now, Sméagol said:

While that's a given, it's interesting to see if it will do better or worse than Let's go. At this point, I have no idea and would not want to bet.

I don’t think that it’s much of a question, to be honest (and that’s not to take anything away from Let’s Go). Next year the Switch will have a higher install base, the opening pair of games of a generation are generally the best-selling, etc. They will be the first core series Pokémon games on a home console (the phrasing has been strange from the beginning when it comes to this from TPC, but I think the intent is clear), and many are expecting to see some of the biggest changes to the core series games in these games — and/or for it to further implement some of the more positively received additions in Let’s Go. What’s more, next year’s games — assuming that they continue with their November release pattern, generally at the end of the third week — will be the first original games that the main series has seen in three years. 

Also, as @Glen-i mentioned, the game sold poorly by Pokémon standards in Japan — I can’t remember if the roughly 650,000 units sold was a figure for the first weekend or first week, but for reference, recent opening games for new generations of Pokémon have had first weekend numbers of around two million units sold in Japan. @Glen-i, I’d have to imagine that the capture mechanics as they are just don’t suit the handheld experience preferred in Japan, because it does seem like it would be rather intrusive when compared to other portable games when in a public setting.