NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

There's usually a Direct in September I think so I certainly wouldn't be surprised. NSMBU Deluxe seems a good bet, I'll double dip if they included some decent extra content. I remember Kimishima saying that these Wii U ports need to offer something new and not just be a carbon copy of the original so hopefully it's something good. 

The date of 6th September is being pinned by a few. It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be true. I can't remember people actually pinning down a specific date for one of these before. Sure, they've able able to guess what week one would hit but by the day seems a bit odd.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

At the very least there needs to be an announcement for the online services. So there needs to be a video within 2 weeks.

Edited by Sméagol

Did Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze add anything new?

Would be awesome with a new Direct. I would also like to see some big games coming out, though I'm more than enough occupied by the indie yes that are out and coming soon.

42 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Did Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze add anything new?

Would be awesome with a new Direct. I would also like to see some big games coming out, though I'm more than enough occupied by the indie yes that are out and coming soon.

It had the Funky Kong mode.

Nintendo Life reporting that they've heard rumblings from the source who informed them about the last Nindies direct that there will be a new Direct dropping in the early hours of September 7th for us Europeans (Midnight GMT/1AM CET). It's been a while since we had some late night Nintendo news.

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Nintendo Life reporting that they've heard rumblings from the source who informed them about the last Nindies direct that there will be a new Direct dropping in the early hours of September 7th for us Europeans (Midnight GMT/1AM CET). It's been a while since we had some late night Nintendo news.

Guess that lines up with the stuff I posted on the previous page and the top of this one. Looks like it's certain to drop this week.

49 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Guess that lines up with the stuff I posted on the previous page and the top of this one. Looks like it's certain to drop this week.

The ResetEra thread continues to embarrass itself.

Can't remember the last time we had a midnight Direct, apart from the Switch reveal event.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The ResetEra thread continues to embarrass itself.

Yeah, I stopped going into the thread. They always act like idiots when it comes to Directs. At least on Gaf they used to lock those kinda topics down when they got out of control.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

9 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Midnight?  It might be for Senran Kagura and SNK Heroines. :laughing:

They are the rumoured 5th series for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle as well. ;)

• Haha 1

Direct was just confirmed by Nintendo. Will be roughly 35 minutes apparently so a fairly beefy direct, especially if they stick to the pacing of the last couple. It's a 11pm GMT/Midnight CEST on September 6th so a little earlier than expected.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/switch_game_cases_will_state_whether_or_not_cloud_saves_are_supported

Apparantly developers have to choose to either opt-in or opt-out of cloud saves by ticking a checkbox when submitting their games to Nintendo.

So it basically means that every game will support cloud saves unless the developer specifically doesn't want it to be supported with their game...

29 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/switch_game_cases_will_state_whether_or_not_cloud_saves_are_supported

Apparantly developers have to choose to either opt-in or opt-out of cloud saves by ticking a checkbox when submitting their games to Nintendo.

So it basically means that every game will support cloud saves unless the developer specifically doesn't want it to be supported with their game...

So it looks like this really is the case. I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago in the online thread as it was being discussed on NVC. I'm surprised NL have just reported on this now as the info given on NVC is pretty much the exact same info given by this other developer.

I don't agree with this approach at all. We are having to pay for cloud saves but now we don't even know if the game saves we want to keep are going to be games that are supported. Every game should be supported. No exceptions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I'm sure 99.99% of games will be. Why wouldn't a developer tick that box. 

...Nah, that's too obvious.

• Haha 2

Apparently Nintendo are updating the games section of their website with details of what games aren't supporting cloud saves. So far these have been found.

• Pokémon Let's Go
  • FIFA 18
  • FIFA 19
  • Splatoon 2
  • Dead Cells
  • Dark Souls Remastered
  • Thanks 1

I hope at least one of those is because they forgot to tick the box and Nintendo won't let you change afterwards because let's face it Nintendo would do that. 

• Haha 3

Dead Cells and Dark Souls sort of make sense considering that one is a rogue like and the other is always saving but it's a shame we won't have a way of backing them up. Splatoon doesn't seem to make any sense at all though, I don't play it so don't know but I assume that all the online stuff is saved in the cloud anyway so it seems silly not to allow people to backup their single player campaigns.

I think the only previously released games that I want cloud saves for are BOTW, Mario Kart, Odyssey and Football Manager 2018 otherwise I'm not too fussed about backing up any saves. It's disappointing that even FIFA 19 won't offer cloud saves and it would have been nice to have the option to back up Dark Souls characters but I can totally understand why the feature isn't implemented (I assume it's the same for Souls games on other platforms but I've never used cloud saves on PS4 so not something I've ever tried)

22 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Dead Cells and Dark Souls sort of make sense considering that one is a rogue like and the other is always saving but it's a shame we won't have a way of backing them up. Splatoon doesn't seem to make any sense at all though, I don't play it so don't know but I assume that all the online stuff is saved in the cloud anyway so it seems silly not to allow people to backup their single player campaigns.

I think the only previously released games that I want cloud saves for are BOTW, Mario Kart, Odyssey and Football Manager 2018 otherwise I'm not too fussed about backing up any saves. It's disappointing that even FIFA 19 won't offer cloud saves and it would have been nice to have the option to back up Dark Souls characters but I can totally understand why the feature isn't implemented (I assume it's the same for Souls games on other platforms but I've never used cloud saves on PS4 so not something I've ever tried)

Nah, you can backup your Souls saves on the PS4, so I have no idea the reasoning behind not being able to do it on Switch. Same goes for FIFA.

31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I have no idea the reasoning behind not being able to do it on Switch. Same goes for FIFA.

tenor.gif?itemid=4446730

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I hope at least one of those is because they forgot to tick the box and Nintendo won't let you change afterwards because let's face it Nintendo would do that. 

• Haha 3

I think @Ashley is onto something. I bet there was a tick box to include Rick in Smash that Sakurai forgot to tick too, another example of Nintendo's strict rules ruining our potential enjoyment of their games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently Nintendo are updating the games section of their website with details of what games aren't supporting cloud saves. So far these have been found.

• Pokémon Let's Go
  • FIFA 18
  • FIFA 19
  • Splatoon 2
  • Dead Cells
  • Dark Souls Remastered

That's crazy. Splatoon 2 is the one game I would have expected above all to have cloud saving. As far as I know, your gear, level and rank are not saved to your online account. It's all on your local save. So if you lose that save file for whatever reason, you lose everything...

On 08/09/2018 at 12:52 AM, Helmsly said:

That's crazy. Splatoon 2 is the one game I would have expected above all to have cloud saving. As far as I know, your gear, level and rank are not saved to your online account. It's all on your local save. So if you lose that save file for whatever reason, you lose everything...

That’s exactly why they aren’t allowing it for Splatoon 2; it’s to stop people from cheating.

What they should’ve done in the first place was to store your online progress, well, online! But because they were dumb enough to store it locally, now they’re stuck.

• Thanks 1