NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

6 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Yeah, I will. But the scandinavian distributor, who also do service on the machines, have such poor customer service I'm not sure why I even bother. I'll see if I can get a hold of them tomorrow.

Odd, I've mostly heard good things about Bergsala's service lately especially regarding the left joycon issue.

nintendo switch error code 2124-7500

I guess I won't be checking out the eShop right now then. ::shrug:

I hope it's nothing too serious, I searched for it in the error codes database and I can't even find it listed.

And... it's fixed again, weird one that.

Edited by S.C.G

5 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

nintendo switch error code 2124-7500

I guess I won't be checking out the eShop right now then. ::shrug:

I hope it's nothing too serious, I searched for it in the error codes database and I can't even find it listed.

And... it's fixed again, weird one that.

The entire internet was having a meltdown a minute ago, I expect it was related to that.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dan-likes-trees said:

Hello pals!

Just dropping in to say over in the general gaming board we've got a N-Europe Top 100 games ever vote going - a few days left to get your votes in! A definite lack of Nintendo games in there at the moment so that needs balanced out in my book! - https://forum.n-europe.com/topic/37157-the-official-n-europe-top-10-games-of-all-time/?page=2

Thanks all :bowdown:

I've put my list up already, but I always struggle with things like this. An important distinction is, are we talking "best" or "favourite" games? I'd have a hard time justifying something like Pilotwings on the SNES over God of War on the PS4, if it's a top 10 best games; but I play Pilotwings pretty much once a year and I'll probably never play GOW again (much as I loved it)l, so the former would absolutely make my favourites list.

Edited by Ronnie

19 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I've put my list up already, but I always struggle with things like this. An important distinction is, are we talking "best" or "favourite" games? I'd have a hard time justifying something like Pilotwings on the SNES over God of War on the PS4, if it's a top 10 best games; but I play Pilotwings pretty much once a year and I'll probably never play GOW again (much as I loved it)l, so the former would absolutely make my favourites list.

Yeah I know what you mean - it's a tricky one. I guess I left it open to interpretation, though I think I'd tend toward 'favorite' games being the more interesting question. In any case I'd personally always value writing and gameplay over technical things like graphics or frame rate so they're maybe generally one and the same for me. No reason not to pump for Pilotwings; it's truely stood the test of time!

• Like 1

It's definitely 'favourite' games. Results in a much wider variety of games rather than the usual suspects again.

Means I sadly had to leave out "For Whom The Frog Tolls", but there we go.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 2

I haven't played my Switch for a little while but I got Mario Tennis for my birthday so I booted it up today to start the adventure mode but the analogue stick on my left joy con doesn't seem to be working correctly. As soon as I touch it it goes all jittery and flits between moving up and down of its own accord, I tried restarting the console, recalibrating the controller but the problem still persists. Anybody have any solutions? I could just buy a new joy con if its well and truly broken but I'd like to try and fix it first.

Really frustrating when one of your party has passed out and you unexpectedly beat a boss and he/she doesn't get XP

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Really frustrating when one of your party has passed out and you unexpectedly beat a boss and he/she doesn't get XP

Wrong thread, dude. :D 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wrong thread, dude. :D 

D'oh, my Firefox browser mixes up tab headings and it said this was the Octopath page, honest!

• Haha 1

Hori's recently released their blue Joy-Con over in Japan (the one that has the proper d-pad on it) and it looks like it's heading to the West but with some different designs.

2QIYIro.png

IGN have just shown both these off. Like the original blue model, these only work in handheld mode. They are set to release in September.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why the hell is it handheld mode only?

I would have totally bought one otherwise...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Why the hell is it handheld mode only?

I would have totally bought one otherwise...

Yeah, that’s bizarre. :blank: 

I would’ve been interested in one of these too (especially with my left joy-con being all weird sometimes) but not if it doesn’t work in the grip.

On NVC they were pretty negative about these. They left out wireless, gyro, shoulder buttons and no form of rumble at all. That and there’s no right Joy Con to match the left one with these.

You'd have thought Nintendo would push Joycon varieties a lot more than they have done so far. It's a gold mine waiting to be mined out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

On NVC they were pretty negative about these. They left out wireless, gyro, shoulder buttons and no form of rumble at all. That and there’s no right Joy Con to match the left one with these.

Oh and the worst part: they use the Switch unit for their energy which draines it, even when it’s in sleep mode...

55 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

You'd have thought Nintendo would push Joycon varieties a lot more than they have done so far. It's a gold mine waiting to be mined out.

They've released a fair few colours so far and it's only been a little over a year. At the moment new colours are a special occasion, helps keep them attractive to buyers. 

I also think they're cautious about confusing the market (not hardcore like us obv) with mutltiple types of joy con so early. Also it means in game icons wouldn't correlate with the new D pad, small things sure but I think it all contributes. 

Edited by Ronnie

Most UI has referred to the fake D-pad using circles. Just ensure those circles are engraved on a real D-pad and you'll be fine. 

And it's not like it's an issue for the Pro Controller. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Hori, they released a stand with 4 USB ports (+ the charging port) for when you're playing in table top mode. Handy if you want to use a wired controller/arcade stick/LAN adapter and not lose the ability to keep your Switch charged at the same time. Also saves needing a USB-A to USB-C adapters...

y4miWMZoyR9cJ79vdQ8taFmXGQpyyVHorEmihoLu

Only thing is it's up for preorder for £39.99 on Amazon UK, it was cheaper to get one from Japan...