NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

So, i finally took the plunge and bought myself a Switch.  Been meaning to for a while, but finally on-board.

Bought it on Tuesday from our "lovely" friends at GAME.  Bought a pre-owned one as it was the only one they had with the grey controls.  They said it was pre-owned, but everything in-box was still wrapped up and sealed in the original packaging, so can't complain for getting it for £240.  Have also bought a copy of Breath of the Wild (yeah, i have the WiiU version but never got around to playing it properly), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Kirby Star Allies.  Also downloaded Fortnite, it's nice being able to play this without the PS4 fans going into take-off mode.

Codes been updated on my profile.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on making the Switch @Jimbob :D

If you're looking for advice on which games to buy, let us know, otherwise... enjoy! :peace:

You like Monster Hunter though... right? Obviously I'd say that MHGU worth picking up when it's released in August, but then of course I would. ;)

So, i finally took the plunge and bought myself a Switch.  Been meaning to for a while, but finally on-board.

Yaaaaay!

Bought a pre-owned one as it was the only one they had with the grey controls. 

Booooooo! Red and blue 4eva.

With the disappointment of E3 and the general complaint of the lack of games after Summer, I decided to try to compile an updated list of the release schedule. This was undoable, as Wikipedia actually lists loads of games, but a lot of them are indie games, shovelware, or other 3rd party games I'm simply not interested in. End of the year does look empty with the list that's left, that said, there are still plenty of games without a concrete releasedate. All in all, there's still plenty (probably too much) for me to buy. Again, I left out a whole lot of games. I highlighted the ones I'm most likely to buy myself (in fact, some are already bought).

June

21-06-2018    Last Blade 2
22-06-2018    BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
22-06-2018    Mario Tennis Aces
26-06-2018    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong Adventure
28-06-2018    Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
29-06-2018    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
29-06-2018    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
29-06-2018    De Blob

July

10-07-2018    Shining Resonance Refrain
12-07-2018    Bomb Chicken
13-07-2018    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
13-07-2018    Octopath Traveler
17-07-2018    Sonic Mania Plus
24-07-2018    The Banner Saga 3
24-07-2018    Mega Man X Legacy Collection
24-07-2018    Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2
31-07-2018    Code of Princess EX

August

07-08-2018    Overcooked 2
09-08-2018    Okami
28-08-2018    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
28-08-2018    Blade Strangers

September

07-09-2018    SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
21-09-2018    Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
25-09-2018    Valkyria Chronicles 4
28-09-2018    FIFA 2019

October

02-10-2018    Megaman 11
05-10-2018    Super mario Party
12-10-2018    Disgaea 1 Complete
16-10-2018    Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna - The Golden Country

November

16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

December

07-12-2018    Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

"Summer"

Firewatch
Dark Souls
Fuze4
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

"Autumn"

Arena of Valor
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Ark Survival Evolved
The world ends with you - Final Remix

"Holiday / Winter"

Killer Queen Black
Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire
Dragon Marked for Death

"2018"

Dragonball Fighter Z
Wargroove
No more Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Super Meat Boy Forever
The Messenger

I will update the calendar and create some threads later.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 8

With the disappointment of E3 and the general complaint of the lack of games after Summer, I decided to try to compile an updated list of the release schedule. This was undoable, as Wikipedia actually lists loads of games, but a lot of them are indie games, shovelware, or other 3rd party games I'm simply not interested in. End of the year does look empty with the list that's left, that said, there are still plenty of games without a concrete releasedate. All in all, there's still plenty (probably too much) for me to buy. Again, I left out a whole lot of games. I highlighted the ones I'm most likely to buy myself (in fact, some are already bought).
June
21-06-2018    Last Blade 2
22-06-2018    BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
22-06-2018    Mario Tennis Aces
26-06-2018    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong Adventure
28-06-2018    Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
29-06-2018    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
29-06-2018    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
29-06-2018    De Blob
July
10-07-2018    Shining Resonance Refrain
12-07-2018    Bomb Chicken
13-07-2018    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
13-07-2018    Octopath Traveler
17-07-2018    Sonic Mania Plus
24-07-2018    The Banner Saga 3
24-07-2018    Mega Man X Legacy Collection
24-07-2018    Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2
31-07-2018    Code of Princess EX
August
07-08-2018    Overcooked 2
09-08-2018    Okami
28-08-2018    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
September
07-09-2018    SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
21-09-2018    Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
28-09-2018    FIFA 2019
October
02-10-2018    Megaman 11
05-10-2018    Super mario Party
12-10-2018    Disgaea 1 Complete
16-10-2018    Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna - The Golden Country
November
16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
December
07-12-2018    Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
"Summer"
Firewatch
Dark Souls
Fuze4
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
"Autumn"
Arena of Valor
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Ark Survival Evolved
The world ends with you - Final Remix
Valkyria Chronicles 4
"Holiday"
Killer Queen Black
Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire
"2018"
Dragonball Fighter Z
Wargroove
No more Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Super Meat Boy Forever
The Messenger
Blade Strangers
Dragon Marked for Death
I will update the calendar and create some threads later.
This slightly saddens me. :(

I think its just Octopath Traveller and Smash Bros on that list for me and both of those are maybes as it is.

I'm somewhat interested in Ys VIII, Shining Resonance Refrain, Octopath Traveler, Code of Princess EX, SNK Heroines, Labyrinth of Refrain, Monster Boy, Blade Strangers and Dragon.  That said, I could just as easily not buy any of them - I haven't really been grabbed by anything since Dragon Quest Builders.

I do think this is a reasonably decent release year for Switch; I just suppose I'm in the minority not being interested in Pokémon or Smash Bros.  The latter in particular just reminds me of several full games I'd rather be playing, rather than references to them in a fighting game.  Seeing a bit of Prime 4, knowing Animal Crossing was coming and a Switch release date for Dragon Quest XI would have made all the difference for me.

• Thanks 1

Mario Tennis, Rabbids DLC, Bomb Chicken (suspect that'll be the next big indie hit), Captain Toad, Octopath, Mega Man X, Overcooked, Okami (never played it), Megaman 11, Starlink, Pokemon and Smash for me, plus whatever else gets announced

Guys, it's happening! Slap me on the list of soon-to-be new Switch owner (neon red & blue).

My gaming life hasn't been as bustling as when I was a young and carefree pupper, but I've always been keeping my eyes on the news and potential games I'd like to play. The backlog has become a mighty beast, but there are certain franchises I would never give up on, one of course being The Legend of Zelda. I can't wait to dive into Breath of the Wild and get lost in its world and learn more about the lore. I'm also looking forward to downloading some gems on the eShop and discover my love for games again :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Is there a list of forum members' friend codes anywhere, or do you just have to use them from profiles, etc?

Thank you! I've added myself, and will probs send out a load of requests tonight. I'm already linked up with a few people via facebook/twitter but this should add more.

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Just added mine.

Are you still not adding anyone to your friend list, H-o-T, in protest of Nintendo's great online capabilities? :heh:

Haha. I haven't added anyone since the great purge last year. I don't see the point, seeing as you can't actually interact with anyone of the list. I'm getting angry just thinking about it. :mad: I've had 7 requests just sitting there for a few months now. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. I haven't added anyone since the great purge last year. I don't see the point, seeing as you can't actually interact with anyone of the list. I'm getting angry just thinking about it. :mad: I've had 7 requests just sitting there for a few months now. :D 

Yeah, I totally get that. It's still cool to see what peeps are/have been playing though. :)

Hopefully the paid service will bring about some additional functionality, like a much needed messaging tool.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

Hopefully the paid service will bring about some functionality.

Fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Don't know how reliable this is but sounds promising for those interested in voice chat

I ended up getting an official Switch Pro Controller.  Turns out some of the Shrines in Breath of the Wild require some motion control usage, and the cheap controller i got was missing the gyro, rumble and NFC features.

Looking at the list of games coming between now and the end of year, i'll probably get Smash at the minimum.  Already have Mario Tennis ready for unlocking on Friday.  Sonic Mania Plus, i'll get on PS4 as i have the base game there.  As and when i run low on Switch games, i'll raid the eShop.

• Like 1

So my Switch safely arrived, played some Overcooked on it with my girlfriend already, and having a good time.

I will get more into it once a certain test I will take on the 1st of July is over, and I'll add my code and whatnot to the list as well. Soon I will make my glorious return to the N-Europe Mario Kart League! ... 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor we shall have peace gif star wars

I must say though WHAT THE FUCK happened to Nintendo's ability to create majestic home menu's with some nice little background music...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fused King said:

I must say though WHAT THE FUCK happened to Nintendo's ability to create majestic home menu's with some nice little background music...

I know, right? It's soooooo boring! Just throwing us a few 3DS style themes could go a long way to alleviating some issues.

Just give us a theme with the Wii eshop music and i'll be happy.