NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

You aren't normally able to buy from a region where your card wasn't from, I can't use my card on the Japanese eShop despite being able to on the 3DS. I guess your card was an outlier that they "fixed" recently.

Yep, with the japanese account I need to buy Nintendo Points from a provider of this, i.e. Play Asia. It sucks, but atleast there is a way to work around the different regions now.

On another note; @MindFreak, er du Dansk?! :D

Well, that sucks. I wanted to get Enter the Gungeon from the Mexican eShop, it's really cheap there - about £4.5. It's not a game I really want but at that price I wanted to try it out. Won't be buying it then as I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up a PayPal account for this.

@ArtMediocre, Ja, jeg bor i København. :)

Edited by MindFreak

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Well, that sucks. I wanted to get Enter the Gungeon from the Mexican eShop, it's really cheap there - about £4.5. It's not a game I really want but at that price I wanted to try it out. Won't be buying it then as I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up a PayPal account for this.

@ArtMediocre, Ja, jeg bor i København. :)

Try the Russian eShop. It's 249 roubles on there, about £3.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Try the Russian eShop. It's 249 roubles on there, about £3.

349 for me but that's the same price. And it went through. It's probably something about the credit card being European and Russia being in Europe. So that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

Just now, MindFreak said:

On Thursday, a big sale will start

No mention of which games.

I look forward to the 2% savings on games that I already own. :D 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I look forward to the 2% savings on games that I already own. :D 

Yeah!

But apparently, it's a bit more for some titles.

ARMS Switch Nintendo

€59.99

€39.99

DOOM Switch Bethesda Softworks

€59.99

€39.99

L.A. Noire Switch ROCKSTAR GAMES

€49.99

€37.49

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Switch Bethesda Softworks

€59.99

€39.99

Super Bomberman R Switch Konami 

€49.99

€24.99

Rocket League Switch Psyonix

€19.99

€14.99

FIFA 18 Switch Electronic Arts

€59.99

€29.99

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D New 3DS Nintendo

€44.99

€26.99

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 3DS Nintendo

€19.99

€11.99

Monster Hunter Stories 3DS Nintendo

€39.99

€23.99

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS CAPCOM

€44.99

€22.49

Monster Hunter Generations 3DS CAPCOM

€44.99

€22.49

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-big-european-spring-2018-eshop-sale-over-140-switch-3ds-wii-u-games-to-be-discounted/

Nintendo in decent sale shocker! I'd buy Doom and Skyrim at that price if they were the physical copies...

Hey there.  Was just chatting with a friend about the insane, meteoric rise of indie titles on Switch and got interested in looking at how it compares to past Nintendo consoles.  I reckon that our napkin math makes for some interesting discussion...

From playing around with the different shop search features, discounting VC releases, duplicate listings for alternate versions and demos on 3DS and in removing all games that were originally designed for retail (so indie games that later got limited retail releases are still counted), here are the results!

Digital exclusive downloadable games available in Europe...

WiiWare = 281

DSiWare = 427

3DS (including New3DS exclusive releases) = 546

Wii U = 506

Switch = 497

So, come tomorrow, Switch will likely surpass Wii U’s lifetime total number of games, just a year after launch! Absolutely nutso! :o

TBH, what shocked me most was seeing how high DSiWare was and how low the 3DS eShop was for exclusive titles! The 3DS got absolutely horrible support for how successful it ended up being! To the point where Switch will end up surpassing its lifetime total in just a few short weeks!

Just goes to show the power of having good development tools and native support for modern game engines!

• Like 1

Hey there.  Was just chatting with a friend about the insane, meteoric rise of indie titles on Switch and got interested in looking at how it compares to past Nintendo consoles.  I reckon that our napkin math makes for some interesting discussion...

From playing around with the different shop search features, discounting VC releases, duplicate listings for alternate versions and demos on 3DS and in removing all games that were originally designed for retail (so indie games that later got limited retail releases are still counted), here are the results!    

Digital exclusive downloadable games available in Europe...  

WiiWare = 281

DSiWare = 427

3DS (including New3DS exclusive releases) = 546

Wii U = 506

Switch = 497

So, come tomorrow, Switch will likely surpass Wii U’s lifetime total number of games, just a year after launch! Absolutely nutso! :o    

TBH, what shocked me most was seeing how high DSiWare was and how low the 3DS eShop was for exclusive titles! The 3DS got absolutely horrible support for how successful it ended up being! To the point where Switch will end up surpassing its lifetime total in just a few short weeks!

Just goes to show the power of having good development tools and native support for modern game engines!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No wonder the Switch eShop is hard to navigate. Thankfully there will be an update soon that will focus on this issue.

Edited by ArtMediocre

Is £36.50 a decent price for a SanDisk 128gb microSD?

Does anyone recommend a different brand or know of a better price?

Samsung EVO plus 128gb £29.99?

Edited by DuD

Quick question. Can you move data from the system memory to an SD card easily? I know there is the option to move photos and videos, but Han you move downloaded games? I’ve finally got a decent sized card and want to move some over. 

37 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Quick question. Can you move data from the system memory to an SD card easily? I know there is the option to move photos and videos, but Han you move downloaded games? I’ve finally got a decent sized card and want to move some over. 

You can't, because Nintendo. You have to delete them from the system memory and redownload them with the SD card inserted.

• Angry 1

8 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

You can't, because Nintendo. You have to delete them from the system memory and redownload them with the SD card inserted.

I thought it was gonna be that. Oh well. Thanks. 

Footage of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is doing the rounds as Nintendo have a demo of it at their booth at PAX East.

Looks good. Panic Button again soon the port and it noticeably looks like a step above the work done on the DOOM port. Will be interesting to see how it handles some of the more open levels later in the game as I imagine it'll take a bit frame rate wise, especially with the number of enemies when alarms are broadcast or when some of the larger enemies appear.

Still, looking decent for those who'll pick it up. I finished it recently on PS4 and it was a good game (tho I think I'm more partial to the first, the second didn't have that wow moment I didn't feel. Nothing akin to the moon level in the first, even if it has it's own absurd twist on interplanetary locations).

Still think Bethesda should bring the Dishonored games over. I'd happily double dip on them.

• Like 1

Impressive stuff. :cool:

Not my cup of tea (struggled to even get through the demo on PS4 :hmm:) but seems like it’s going to be yet another decent port for Switch.