NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

While I don't deny it would be nice to have some of these features, anything that clogged up the UI being so quick and accessible would be a step backwards from such a slick experience when you boot up. Nightmares about that initial Wii U UI...

Saying that, I'd like to see the WiFi connect from sleeping mode alot quicker, feels like it takes a good minute or two to log on; whereas say I can unlock my phone and load up a website (N-E, obviously) straight away 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I find it baffling that we have yet to get these things on the system. Surely you look at what you've already got, bring over the best bits and then build upon that, rather than starting from beginning again? Crazy.::shrug:

Nintendo.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hoped for but didn't expect a big overhaul. But it would be nice if they addressed basic options such as better eShop search functions (this is also in their own benefit). And I did expect the video capture to work for all games, don't know why they still limit it. Should be able to implement it in the OS without having to have a patch for each game?

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I still don't get the love for folders :D

It's not a feature I use much on the PS4 ( think i've only got the one where I store the random apps that I cant delete ) but for the Wii U and 3DS they are great due to the Virtual Console being a thing. Having a little folder for each console looked great on the home menu. :D 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

for the Wii U and 3DS they are great due to the Virtual Console being a thing.

So it'll never be useful for the Switch.

• Haha 4

Do they not realise that people (like me) will pay... PAY GOOD MONEY... for a god damn theme. 

Just give me a theme. Any theme. 

Gosh! That’s a blast from the past! I remember V-Rally from back during the N64 and GBA eras! Talk about a random series to bring back on Switch!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Gosh! That’s a blast from the past! I remember V-Rally from back during the N64 and GBA eras! Talk about a random series to bring back on Switch!

Genuinely interested to see how this turns out :grin:

V-Rally 99 Edition on N64 was my first rally game and I loved it though V-Rally 2 is possibly my favourite ever in the genre, even if I haven't really played many since that era. The third game was also decent once you get used to it!

That recent 5.0.0 update has also incorporated an update for the JoyCons. However, you’ll have to apply that manually. Make sure the JoyCons are attached to the Switch when going into the System Settings, Controllers and Sensors, then Update Controllers. It’ll only take a minute. Then swap out for another pair of JoyCons, if you have them, and repeat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it known what the controller update does? I think last time it made the wireless performance better, I wonder what it does now.

8 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Is it known what the controller update does? I think last time it made the wireless performance better, I wonder what it does now.

Maybe something to do with Labo? Improving the performance of the IR camera's built-in software?

• Like 1

Is there a noticeable difference between using a micro SD with a read speed of 80 and 90? Need to pick one up but want it this weekend so sticking with bricks and just seen some in Argos where the latter is more expensive but curious if it makes that much of a difference. 

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is there a noticeable difference between using a micro SD with a read speed of 80 and 90? Need to pick one up but want it this weekend so sticking with bricks and just seen some in Argos where the latter is more expensive but curious if it makes that much of a difference. 

It will be a difference of 10 MB/s... though I suppose it also depends on the price difference and the brand of the card even though they mostly all work the same, I've always had Sandisk cards and they've worked fine, the one I'm currently using is a 90MB/s card which seems reasonably quick.

In short... a small difference so it just depends on how much cheaper the other card is and if the saving is justifiable to you or if it's a negligible amount in performance of the card you might be missing in the long-term, which I can't answer for you but I hope this helps. :)

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

I doubt it'll make a big difference, if any.  The only game that has ever mentioned any sort of MB/s speed requirement on Switch is LA Noire, where the eShop page recommends a minimum of 60MB/s read speed for SD Cards.

Either way, SD Card loading tends to be slightly faster than the physical game card.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I doubt it'll make a big difference, if any.  The only game that has ever mentioned any sort of MB/s speed requirement on Switch is LA Noire, where the eShop page recommends a minimum of 60MB/s read speed for SD Cards.

Either way, SD Card loading tends to be slightly faster than the physical game card.

Guess which game I've got (well, I got for Christmas and haven't been able to play it yet).

My friend managed to pick me up this from his local CEX so that'll do for now: https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=0619659148003

Thanks for the advice amigos

• Thanks 2

Have Nintendo changed the terms of the eShop? I used to be able to buy eShop-games from another region, say South Africa and Mexico, with my Dansih credit card but now it won't accept my credit card (which is valid). Have they changed it so that you need to have a credit card from the country you try to buy from?

Edit: alright, I know this is the case now. But when was this change applied?

Edited by MindFreak

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Have Nintendo changed the terms of the eShop? I used to be able to buy eShop-games from another region, say South Africa and Mexico, with my Dansih credit card but now it won't accept my credit card (which is valid). Have they changed it so that you need to have a credit card from the country you try to buy from?

Edit: alright, I know this is the case now. But when was this change applied?

Maybe with the latest system update?