NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

So probably large part focused on Mario Tennis Aces. I’ll adjust my expectations to: no new games at all ;)

It’s 22:00 GMT for the European Direct by the way.

Ha, wasn't too convinced of Marcus Sellars' certainty of a direct but thought we were definitely due for one so not surprised they're doing one tomorrow. Hoping for some footage of Dark Souls and a date for Yoshi, not too concerned whether or not they show off any new games - there are already so many out for Switch that I haven't got round to buying yet. 

But Hollow Knight date would be nice.

• Thanks 1

The fact that they specifically mention Mario Tennis Aces means that you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. Like, one surprise, tops.

No-one's gonna listen to me though.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The fact that they specifically mention Mario Tennis Aces means that you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. Like, one surprise, tops.

No-one's gonna listen to me though.

If by “surprise” you mean the reveal of a new first party AAA title that we know virtually nothing about, I’m inclined to agree; I think the focus has to be on what’s coming between now and E3, (which is the event for which, I imagine, they’re saving their biggest of announcements/surprises). 

I still expect to be surprised, though, even if the light is exclusively shined on stuff we already know about; I’d be somewhat surprised if Fire Emblem is being released by E3, for instance, or if stuff like Odyssey DLC is revealed. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

3DS + Switch and a mention of Mario Tennis means very little if anything new BIG reveals, expectations tempered. Plus E3's only three months away.

• Thanks 2

So that's what Retro have been working on! I didn't see it in the diagrams but I assume the plan would be to insert a joy-con into it to power it and connect it to the console, seems like an ultra cheap way to make peripherals. Hopefully this one does come to fruition, I never played the Konga games but would love to give them a go.

How about, Donkey Kong and Samba teaming up in one epic collaborative music game, incorporating D.K on the Donkey Konga drums, Diddy on the Keyboard, Samba shaking the Maracas and why not have the Rhythm Heaven Monkeys on the Mic... just because. :p

They could call it... Simian Superstars! :cool:

Or not, whatever. ::shrug: (It's just a suggestion)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thinking ahead to E3, the following line up as their big hitters seems pretty likely:

Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Pokemon
Smash
Pikmin 4
Retro's game
Metroid Prime 4

That'd make for a pretty great E3, especially as most of those seem likely to release in the following 6-9 months, as opposed to the usual E3 thing where you're waiting years for games to actually come out.

Edited by Ronnie

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Thinking ahead to E3, the following line up as their big hitters seems pretty likely:

Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Pokemon
Smash
Pikmin 4
Retro's game
Metroid Prime 4

That'd make for a pretty great E3, especially as most of those seem likely to release in the following 6-9 months, as opposed to the usual E3 thing where you're waiting years for games to actually come out.

I imagine Metroid is a 2019 game and may need more time in the oven before being properly unveiled. Other than Pikmin 4 ( seriously, what the hell is going on with that game? ) I can see the rest of that list showing up at E3. Surely Retro's game is ready to be shown, right? RIGHT?

I still think Nintendo's main focus at E3 will be their online program. They really need to sell the idea of paying for online to their fanbase, especially after having it for free for so long.

I wonder if they continue to do the 1 big game thing that they've been doing for the past couple of E3's? If so, it's gotta be either Pokemon or Animal Crossing. 

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Other than Pikmin 4 ( seriously, what the hell is going on with that game?

Eurogamer asked Miyamoto about it last E3

"I've been told not to share anything about this from PR," Miyamoto laughed, "but I can tell you it is progressing."

though two years before that he said that it was nearly finished, so who knows.

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I though Pikmin 4 was supposed to be Hey! Pikmin. 

Hey Pikmin wasn't developed by Nintendo. Miyamoto has said Pikmin 4 is a different game

For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter (i.e. ALL OF YOU) I'll reiterate what I tweeted there..

At this rate, I'll end up with more Wii U games in my Switch than my actual Wii U!

Probably a slight exaggeration but it may not be far off!

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter (i.e. ALL OF YOU) I'll reiterate what I tweeted there..

At this rate, I'll end up with more Wii U games in my Switch than my actual Wii U!

Probably a slight exaggeration but it may not be far off!

To be honest, this an issue I have with the console and have done for a while. As someone who supported the Wii U until the very end and bought pretty much all of Nintendo's output on that, the Switch lineup is pretty lacking for me. Add to the fact that a lot of the indie games and 3rd party titles i've already played elsewhere, i'm kinda just left twiddling my thumbs until something exclusive arrives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be honest, this an issue I have with the console and have done for a while. As someone who supported the Wii U until the very end and bought pretty much all of Nintendo's output on that, the Switch lineup is pretty lacking for me. Add to the fact that a lot of the indie games and 3rd party titles i've already played elsewhere, i'm kinda just left twiddling my thumbs until something exclusive arrives.

I definitely understand those criticisms and can't really argue against it but I'm exactly who Nintendo want as I've already bought most of these games on Wii U and yet I'm probably going to pick every single one up again on Switch that I enjoyed!

Heck, even Okami (which got boring for me in the second half :hmm: ) is now somehow appealing just because the HD version is now on Switch :eek:

Keep them coming (along with new games too, obviously :grin: )

8 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I definitely understand those criticisms and can't really argue against it but I'm exactly who Nintendo want as I've already bought most of these games on Wii U and yet I'm probably going to pick every single one up again on Switch that I enjoyed!

Heck, even Okami (which got boring for me in the second half :hmm: ) is now somehow appealing just because the HD version is now on Switch :eek:

Keep them coming (along with new games too, obviously :grin: )

I've still yet to play Okami. I was excited that it was announced for Switch but then I see it was digital only ( a common theme that seems to be happening with the console ) so i'll probably skip it and eventually pick up a physical copy on another console.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've still yet to play Okami.

Wow, surprised by that! :o For some reason (my terrible memory obviously :hehe:) I seemed to think you played the Wii version, which was when I first played it.

Anyway, wherever/whenever you end up playing the game I reckon you’ll really enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've still yet to play Okami...

Get out. You get out!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kav said:

Get out. You get out!

This morning you said you hate turn based games. You have no right to judge me! :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This morning you said you hate turn based games. You have no right to judge me! :p 

HE SAID WHAT!?

You realise that puts you in the same category as @Serebii, right? Guys like you are killing Turn based RPG's!