NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Can someone explain what in that video suggested Switch? I don't get it

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Can someone explain what in that video suggested Switch? I don't get it

Switching the light on and off, if I had to guess? 

• Confused 1

Apparently the Switch is/will be displaying a play time of zero hours for those who purchased and played the Switch at launch.

It seems like Nintendo might have coded the software so that it tracks the time played from a specific date and month, but not a specific year, meaning that it resets playtime to zero for games launched over a year ago (i.e. Breath of the Wild on March 3rd will be reset to zero hours on March 3rd). It’s possible that the figure will return to normal in 11 days, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Hearing about this just makes me want the Activity Log to make a triumphant return. 

Yup, my Zelda 300 hours or more has set itself to 0 hours. Why?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"Some Nintendo Switch owners' play activity information is displaying incorrectly. We are aware of the issue and we expect to have more information to share in the near future," a Nintendo spokesperson told USgamer. 

• Like 1

http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

0_preview.jpg

Cool! 8Bitdo just released a new USB wireless adapter that lets you use Wii Remotes/Wii Classic Controllers/Wii U Pro Controllers/Dual Shock 3/4 on Switch!

Might just have to nab one.  Would be great to use a classic controller or my Wii Tatsucap arcade stick on Switch! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Anniversary dev talk with Shinya Takahashi:

Edited by Julius Caesar

I’d love Nintendo to get behind this, I’d even double-dip!

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha! Outstanding. :D 

Yeah I saw that too, I follow him on Youtube. He has a lot of very interesting videos on all sorts of hardware options and settings. Not only Switch but also PS etc.

Some options are really out there like this one :D

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha! Outstanding. :D 

But you still want it "portable" :laughing:

• Haha 2

That's amazing! Reminds me of those giant Game Boys (Game Men?) that people have made.  Though I do wonder if anyone will actually attempt something that replaces the current Switch screen with a 1080p one and forces the Switch to run in docked mode, even when not plugged into the dock; while keeping a similar form factor...

Sounds like a job for Ben Heck ;) 

Edited by Dcubed

7 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Rumours of a direct tomorrow

So, just another normal day then?

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Rumours of a direct tomorrow

Did you just start them? :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Did you just start them? :p

Apparently the source is some guy on Twitter who recently did a lot of good predictions. We’ll have to wait and see :)

Twitter Prediction

I believe it as soon as I see that burning Chibi Robo image resurface on Nintendo’s  official accounts ;)

But let’s say there will be a Direct tomorrow, what could it bring to the table?

No doubt: Kirby, My Nintendo, recent DLC for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2. Update on Mario Tennis Aces, Dark Souls, DK and Yoshi. Octopath and Wolfenstein update. Some Nindies. Detective Pikachu and of course Labo.

Maybe: Pikmin 4 update, Mario Kart Tour update, glimpse of Metroid Prime 4, glimpse of Pokemon Switch, glimpse of Fire Emblem. Mega Man and Street Fighter collections. Announcements for Smash, Animal Crossing, Soul Calibur, Diablo 3, Crash Bandicoot and/or Spyro.

Definitely not: New first party announcements for F-Zero, Wave race, 1080, Strikers, Golf, Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Diddy Kong Racing, Wario Land, Wario Ware, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc...

How dare you bring that up: Talk in detail about their upcoming Online subscription model.

Edited by markderoos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Apparently the source is some guy on Twitter who recently did a lot of good predictions. We’ll have to wait and see :)

Marcus has been very iffy with these things in the past. I think ResetEra have even banned threads being made about his predictions due to how rough his track record is.

• Haha 1

All these self proclaimed leakers are the same...

Still, a Direct in early March isn’t that wild a guess!

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

All these self proclaimed leakers are the same...

Speaking of people who leak stuff, I've noticed a trend with Eurogamer lately where they won't leak anything themselves but will comment the next day on a leak saying "Yeah, we knew about it, too!". Makes you wonder if the whole NX leaks and Pokemon Stars thing has made them scared to say anything first and instead just jump on the bandwagon of what others say.