NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

The Wii classic is heading to the Switch.

They ported this and the sequel to the other consoles, so I imagine the sequel will be heading to the Switch as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I loved de Blob.  When I saw the Splatoon trailer for a brief glorious second i thought de Blob was coming back.

• Like 3

Nice. de Blob is amazing! (legendary soundtrack as well, that I still listen to regularly) :cool: The sequel, however... not so much. :shakehead

• Thanks 1

de Blob was so much fun. However, I remember disliking that you had to use motion controls to jump, because it wouldn't work around a third of the time for me. so a version without motion controls sounds great. Also, I loved that games soundtrack,

Edited by Helmsly

Not sure if I'll be getting that, since I can just play it on my Wii, but I'll definitely get the rumoured sequel. And perhaps the 2nd game, as I never got that one.

It warms my heart to see that a cult classic like De Blob managed to find a way to survive well into this generation. Brings me hope for the industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news! De Blob 1 & 2 fit the Switch like a glove (and the original control scheme can be perfectly replicated by the Joy-Cons too!)

THQ Nordic have done some great work in the last few years, so the port is in good hands too!

Speaking of which...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-acquires-koch-media-gmbh.23205/

... just in case you guys haven’t heard, THQ Nordic just acquired Deep Silver today! Great news for Nintendo fans because, unlike Deep Silver/Koch Media, THQ Nordic are pretty big Nintendo supporters!  Boding well for more Switch support in the future! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never bothered with de Blob on Wii and, to be honest, going back to watch reviews I can kinda see why. It looks really boring to me :hmm:

• Angry 1

I got deBlob 2 on 360 after Marcamillian but me onto the original and I thought it was quite fun/somewhat fresh. Think they're playing cautious with a remaster of just 1, which also will probably affect its own success(why not do a bundle of 1+2?), but I think it's a good shout for Switch.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Speaking of which...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-acquires-koch-media-gmbh.23205/

... just in case you guys haven’t heard, THQ Nordic just acquired Deep Silver today! Great news for Nintendo fans because, unlike Deep Silver/Koch Media, THQ Nordic are pretty big Nintendo supporters!  Boding well for more Switch support in the future! :D 

Great news indeed! 

3 hours ago, markderoos said:

Great news indeed! 

Came up over in General too and a few folks there got talking - what about an SR1/2/etc port to Switch? Personally I only started at SR2 but that could be a weirdly nice little port that may well find an audience on Switch.

@Goron_3 And what an excellent article it is. :D

I personally enjoyed reading through it and it really does highlight just how much has changed within Nintendo regarding Third Parties in what is a relatively short space of time.

Let's hope that they can keep the positive relationships with other publishers/developers and indeed the momentum going, because at the moment there doesn't seem to be any signs of it stopping any time soon. :peace:

200w.gif

:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We still haven’t heard anything regarding the release date of that new Luigi balloon mode in Odyssey, which is pretty strange, considering that they stated that it was coming in February.

Could just be a small shadow drop, but maybe it’ll be tied to a Direct? Seems a bit odd that we haven’t heard much since it’s announcement.

Edited by Julius Caesar

They seem to market is as “the 4K version” so it makes sense it’s not coming to Switch.

A direct port of the original would be a great idea though!

On a totaly unrelated subject: it would be very cool if they release a Virtual Boy Mini as their VR headset for Switch :D

Edited by markderoos

7 minutes ago, markderoos said:

They seem to market is as “the 4K version” so it makes sense it’s not coming to Switch.

On a totaly unrelated subject: it would be very cool if they release a Virtual Boy Mini as their VR headset for Switch :D

I think my problem there would be a similar issue the Wii had. You don't want the Switch getting known as the console that gets the watered down ports of games.

6 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Considering the lack of such games on the system, I think it would be a great idea to have it on the Switch. It's a game that has a great reputation and it would essentially have the genre to itself, unlike the other consoles where it would have to compete with other racers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I think my problem there would be a similar issue the Wii had. You don't want the Switch getting known as the console that gets the watered down ports of games.

It can’t compete with X1 and PS4 though so it’s the best we’ll get when it comes to ports and third party releases.

Of course it’s even better to get exclusives specifically build for Switch.