NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

45 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

How do I get in on the WhatsApp group? I have this game and would probably play it a bit more with you guys. 

Message @nekunando and he'll add you according to the Rocket League thread.

• Like 1

Well, so this just happened (like 12 hours ago). It has made the NintendoSwitch Reddit blow up, and everyone is really hyped without knowing what's gonna happen. It could be related to the new event later tonight, or it could be related to a new, large direct coming later. I have no idea.

Zelda + Assassin's Creed? Starfox + Beyond Good & Evil 2?

I can't see much else exploding the Internet... Unless the intention is to hype everybody up, in which case a banal unimpressive announcement will lead to an internet-wide meltdown.

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

How do I get in on the WhatsApp group? I have this game and would probably play it a bit more with you guys. 

Message @nekunando with your number and he'll add you in! :)

• Like 1

December NPD data is in

Nintendo Switch sold more units in December than any other video game system, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. Holiday shoppers purchased 1.5 million Nintendo Switch systems during the five-week reporting period of December, which is a critical month for the video game industry. Since its launch 10 months ago, Nintendo Switch has sold more than 4.8 million units, making it the fastest-selling home console in U.S. history.

The Nintendo 3DS family of systems also demonstrated continued strength, posting its best sales month since December 2014. Collectively, the different versions of Nintendo 3DS hardware sold more than 750,000 units in the U.S. in December, a 27 percent increase over the same period a year ago. The sales also pushed the Nintendo 3DS family of systems to a new milestone of more than 21 million sold in the U.S.

Combined hardware sales of Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system topped 2.6 million units, which accounted for more than half of all hardware sold during the month.

Four Nintendo Switch games finished high on the December sales charts for individual titles: Super Mario Odyssey at No. 3, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at No. 4, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No. 9 and Splatoon 2 at No. 16. Additionally, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon for Nintendo 3DS finished No. 13 and No. 14, respectively.

Insane 3DS numbers

Worldwide Switch sales must be about 13 million ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Worldwide Switch sales must be about 13 million ?

It should definitely be there or thereabouts by now, I would think.

29 minutes ago, drahkon said:

How much will it cost?

That’s not actually the size, just the cost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, drahkon said:

How much will it cost?

I’m gonna guess £250+ i.e. way too much.

Still rocking a 32 gb card in my Switch and not had to delete anything yet. My library is all digital too, apart from Zelda. Will probably upgrade to a 256gb at some point this year.

• Thanks 1

I'm still really glad that I picked up that 200GB Micro SD card when it was £50... at this rate it should last me years. :D

• Like 1

I probably would have filled mine up mine more if the prices were a bit better. Haven’t been able to buy any new games digitally yet.

It’s utterly ludicrous that MicroSD card prices have actually gone UP from last year! But with the supplies of flash storage improving and competitive offerings now coming from companies that are not called Samsung (like this new 512GB card) hopefully it means that prices should return to their natural downward trend again soon (it had better do... my current 200GB one isn’t gonna last too long at the current rate...)

Edited by Dcubed

25 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It’s utterly ludicrous that MicroSD card prices have actually gone UP from last year! But with the supplies of flash storage improving and competitive offerings now coming from companies that are not called Samsung (like this new 512GB card) hopefully it means that prices should return to their natural downward trend again soon (it had better do... my current 200GB one isn’t gonna last too long at the current rate...)

How many retail titles have you got downloaded on it?

I gather it must be a few if you're running out of space already.

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

How many retail titles have you got downloaded on it?

I gather it must be a few if you're running out of space already.

Most of them are fairly small, like Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and ARMS; but it’s the few like DOOM and LA Noire that are eating up a huge chunk of space (I think I’ve used around 80GB so far IIRC).

I can definitely see myself running out of space before the end of the year (maybe not even that long...)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Most of them are fairly small, like Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and ARMS; but it’s the few like DOOM and LA Noire that are eating up a huge chunk of space (I think I’ve used around 80GB so far IIRC).

I can definitely see myself running out of space before the end of the year (maybe not even that long...)

Wow, that's a lot! :o

I'm glad I went for a physical copy with Doom and will only be playing the Single Player mode.

LA Noire is a write-off from the start for me, will possibly pick up the PS4 version, when it's cheap if I feel like playing it again.

so how are things going with the switch online subscription - is that live yet? It really put me off buying a Switch, but now I'm wondering if the subscription online service will be the switches tiivii thing the Wii U never had over here...

Is SNK Heroines getting a physical release aside from the limited edition?

11 hours ago, Pestneb said:

so how are things going with the switch online subscription - is that live yet? It really put me off buying a Switch, but now I'm wondering if the subscription online service will be the switches tiivii thing the Wii U never had over here...

My best bet is still that they’re releasing it at a strategically smart moment, together with the port for Smash. I think they have thought their release road map trough very well to make sure that there’s always something on the horizon. You can also see this with their Directs and surprise anouncements like Labo

12 hours ago, Pestneb said:

Personally, the longer it stays free to play games online, the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Personally, the longer it stays free to play games online, the better.

Yeah, this pay to play online malarkey is an unfortunate development in the console side of the industry, really didn’t expect Nintendo to follow suit, but I suppose it was inevitable. ::shrug:

I didn’t renew my PS+ subscription this year, as the free games are mostly terrible these days, but now that it has expired It’s made certain games in my PS4 collection pretty much useless, stuff like Overwatch and Street Fighter V. :blank: Not to mention severely lowered my desire to get Monster Hunter World.

Might try to bring my PC up to scratch and start buying any online focused 3rd party games on there instead.

• Thanks 2

So I've spent a couple of weeks with the Switch, and overall I'm very impressed. The thing feels so sturdy and solid (not you, dock; you feel like a weak breeze could blow you away).

I've been playing mostly in handheld mode, which is great, and then playing with the two tiny controllers when docked with my wife. The little controllers do feel very fiddly, and we've both struggled playing Mario Kart with them, but I understand the need for them to be so small, so it's probably my fault for having such huge hands.

The operating system is fine. Nice and quick and easy to navigate. Very bare bones, but I guess that's the point. The friend system is sparse to the point of useless though. You can't even send someone a message?

I love how easy it is to pause a game, put the Switch down and pick it up again. Means I can be cooking, and play a bit of Mario Odyssey while waiting for something to cook.

Overall, I'd give it 8/10.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bob said:

I've been playing mostly in handheld mode, which is great, and then playing with the two tiny controllers when docked with my wife

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6