NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

swear if this is a new fuckin Fire Emblem I’ll lose my shit. May as well just rebrand to FireEmblemTendo as that’s all that seems to ever come out of these directs! 

Well, truth be told, we are waiting for more info on the previously announced Fire Emblem for the Nintendo Switch, so more information on that is not really a big surprise. So just get ready to lose your shit :P.

• Haha 1

Laura Kate Dale is claiming that the Direct will be approx. 15 minutes...

...and drop within the next 2-3 hours (i.e. by 15:00 GMT).

Edited by Julius Caesar

According to multiple sources, both in development and retail, in the next few hours Nintendo will announce a Nintendo Direct Mini to air shortly afterwards showing 2018 software for Switch. As part of this Nintendo Direct, Dark Souls Remastered will be revealed, updating the original game to be playable portably for the first time. Our sources say this is the closing announcement of the direct.

Source: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/11/report-dark-souls-1-remastered-for-switch-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-being-announced-today

Jesus, the hype tried to kill itself off by overloading that thread on Resetera and then Kotaku go and bring it back from the brink. Would be very happy with that announcement.

Why are you lot doing this to yourselves? Are you trying to make me laugh?

Edited by Glen-i

9 hours ago, DazzeL said:

Someone spotted that the in the Mario Odyssey bird image a New Donk Festival sign was obscured so you could only see “New Fe”.

My money is on a new Fire Emblem. That’s cool as long as it’s also Smash!

Well Fe was part of it...

• Haha 1

Silly question but you should be able to charge Pro Controllers with a USB-C cable/plug socket right?  I tried using my phone charger last night and it didn't work, it would only charge using the console USB.

47 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Silly question but you should be able to charge Pro Controllers with a USB-C cable/plug socket right?  I tried using my phone charger last night and it didn't work, it would only charge using the console USB.

That's how I charge mine, should definitely work.

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

You certainly can, the other evening I was using the extra Switch Power Adapter I have to charge the Pro Controller while playing the Switch in Tabletop mode for a little bit.

It's also possible to use a USB-C cable and a plud adapter which has sufficient power, which should be most of them, indeed Nintendo have started selling a new USB adapter for use with the SNES/NES mini and it can also be used to charge the Switch Pro Controllers but not the Switch itself.

11543077-8704514144451198.jpg

I bought two to replace the ones I was using with the SNES/NES mini and they seem to work well enough, good for charging Switch accessories and anything else USB-C.

Edited by S.C.G

I actually plug my pro controller into my computer when I'm on it.

Anyway, these are the games I've amassed during 2017. I removed all demos except the one, because I like the songs. There are only a few I regret buying.

switch_library_800.png

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Weird decision. Hopefully this is just one person in customer service that does not know about future plans.

Edited by MindFreak

1 hour ago, bob said:

So my wife absolutely nailed my birthday present!

6333a6d27d1b004472f45db45add0c62.jpg

Too cheap to get you one with a dock, huh?

I'll have you know that someone (who was definitely not me) was campaigning to have you temporarily banned from the Nintendo Gaming Thread. Now I don't have to bother!

1 hour ago, bob said:

So my wife absolutely nailed my birthday present!

She got sick of nailing you then?

grin_to_camera.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Summary of Tatsumi Kimishima’s most recent interview with Mainichi Shimbun via Nintendo Everything.

Speaking with Mainichi, Kimishima said: “In order to be playable in the long term, the second year is crucial. Our task is to add more users, including people who barely touch game consoles.” He also said Nintendo has to expand the game library, take in new players, and raise the Switch as “a game console with long lifespan.”

Kimishima was later asked by Mainichi if Switch’s sales numbers can surpass the highly popular Wii. Although there may be some differences based on the region, he believes overall worldwide momentum is rivaling the Wii era. The point that a home console game which is playable in the long-term can be played anywhere at the home or even brought outside has been received very well. Nintendo has reached most of the people who were early adopters because they really like Nintendo’s games.

When asked if this momentum can continue, Kimishima said Nintendo’s games are focused on the family demographic. In the future, different sorts of genres will be covered by third-parties, which will help expand the system’s user base. Other companies may also be able to release game consoles that are more interesting, so if Nintendo doesn’t think of new ways to play, the momentum could come to a halt right away.

Mainichi also pointed out how people have been saying that the ebb and flow / rise and fall in the games industry is rather extreme. In response, Kimishima noted how any good thing can eventually be forgotten. Also, there is a possibility in the future that the method to deliver surprises to customers may change. To equalize earnings, it is important to always maintain unique ideas.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

My friend code is 1524-9190-3240 if anyone wants to add me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Summary of Tatsumi Kimishima’s most recent interview with Mainichi Shimbun via Nintendo Everything.

I hope what this means is that we'll see games that can be appreciated by everyone (Wii Sports, Nintendo Land etc) but that won't come at the expense of the core experience. I think Mario and Zelda have shown a willingness to push on with their core franchises so hopefully those games aimed at the wider audience will be more supplementary experiences. I recall one of the reasons that the PS2 kept selling so much towards the end of its generation was because it managed to get content like the eye-toy and Singstar which, combined with its functionality as a DVD player and the low £99 price point, made it a perfect system to many casual gamers.

The biggest thing I want at the moment is a sequel to Nintendo Land and another Wii Sports type game. 

• Thanks 1

I so hope a Waverace come out for Switch!

I’d like to see how HD Rumble could improve the feel of it!

• Like 2

I thought Nintendo were at their "expanded audience" best with the 3DS.  StreetPass/Quest struck a chord with me more than Wii Sports/Fit, Letterbox was a brilliant way of communicating with real character (shame how it ended) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf was phenomenal.  To me, Switch is a fundamentally good, non-gimmicky console, so I'm sure they can get the balance right.

• Like 1

The Switch might be selling Wii numbers so far but to keep the momentum up they'll definitely need another casual game to hit the mainstream like Wii Sports, Fii Fit, Brain Training, Nintendogs etc. They tried it with 1-2 Switch but... no.

I'm sure they'll get the balance right, so far the latter is the only casual game we've seen from them.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The Switch might be selling Wii numbers so far but to keep the momentum up they'll definitely need another casual game to hit the mainstream like Wii Sports, Fii Fit, Brain Training, Nintendogs etc. They tried it with 1-2 Switch but... no.

I'm sure they'll get the balance right, so far the latter is the only casual game we've seen from them.

To add to that, their recent new franchises haven't catered to the casual audiences in the way they would have done in the Wii/early Wii U years. Splatoon and ARMS may feature motion controls (to varying degrees) but neither is heavily focused on making the games super easy to win at with items/other elements. They adopt the 'easy to play, hard to master' mentality that Nintendo which other games (Mario and Zelda) seem to be taking, which is definitely a good thing.

Anyone here play Rocket League? I’ve been hammering it recently. Best tenner I’ve spent in a long time. 

Edited by Charlie

58 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Anyone here play Rocket League? I’ve been hammering it recently. Best tenner I’ve spent in a long time. 

Get in the RL thread and get in our what's app group if you use such things; I'm away this week but generally we've been playing most nights when we can, if you want to join in with other N-E'ERS

22 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Get in the RL thread and get in our what's app group if you use such things; I'm away this week but generally we've been playing most nights when we can, if you want to join in with other N-E'ERS

How do I get in on the WhatsApp group? I have this game and would probably play it a bit more with you guys.