NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

The only reason I’m not arsed about a Direct just yet is because I’m LOVING Xenoblade 2 & I’m far too hyped for Monster Hunter World.

• Like 2

People at Era are going Bat Ship Crazy over a number of Private Videos that have shown up on a few of Ninty's channels.

This is way too funny.

EDIT: Aw man, that thread has been temporarily locked. That's my Dinner entertainment ruined...

Edited by Glen-i

Yeah, I think the fact that GameStop posted and deleted that tweet, coupled with the fact that Nintendo JP’s Direct website currently has a free spot (15 Directs down from the “full” 16; typical indicator that there’s a Direct incoming) definitely seems to point to it being on its way.

@Glen-i part of me wants them to round it off by just shadow-dropping the damn thing in the middle of the work day. 

They've played the trolling card expertly up to this point, this is way too funny :D I wonder if they’ll do anything for April Fool’s this year... :p

EDIT: on a side note, Red Hook Studios just announced that Darkest Dungeon is releasing next Thursday. 

I wonder if we could see any other release dates for Nindies announced prior to the Direct?

EDIT 2: Nintendo tweets!

They definitely know what they’re doing...

...Chibi-Robo for Switch confirmed?! :p

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

EDIT 2: Nintendo tweets!

They definitely know what they’re doing...

...Chibi-Robo for Switch confirmed?! :p

I'm going to cry if they announce a proper sequel to Chibi Robo for Switch.

I'm also going to cry if they announce some cheap mobile game instead.

It's absolutely outrageous the impatience that the lack of an announcement has fostered online. I think Nintendo were going to announce one yesterday but just decided to see how out of control the internet could get first. 

Chibi-Robo sequel would be great, but Nintendo could be playing the perfect troll game with that tweet.

That hype thread on resetera is something else. :laughing: Absolute insanity.

NOA’s twitter winding everyone up is the icing on the cake. :D

• Like 2

Amazing.

I agree with @killthenet, I really wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo decided to hold back on announcing it because of the meltdown :laughing:

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

That hype thread on resetera is something else. :laughing: Absolute insanity.

NOA’s twitter winding everyone up is the icing on the cake. :D

It is complete MADNESS.. and I love it :love:

Nintendo really need to deliver!

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

It is complete MADNESS.. and I love it :love:

Nintendo really need to deliver!

Nah, it'll be funnier if they don't.

• Haha 3

Absolutely nuts. I’m loving every single second of this. :D

Everyone’s coming up with their own conspiracies all over the place, ranging from news of a new Fire Emblem game (Chibi-Robo is on fire; hot(=fire) dog; etc.) to Nintendo purposely putting people through a loop. And everyone’s going nuts over Twitter accounts for Assassin’s Creed, Star Citizen and Resident Evil responding to their vague tweets. :blank:

IGN’s Alanah Pearce is saying that she’s only heard that it would be coming later this week, Laura Kate Dale is near-positive it’s coming this week, and agrees with someone else on Twitter, who is claiming that they were in contact with people who would have knowledge of the matter as recently as last night; they supposedly informed them that the Direct is indeed happening tomorrow. 

My best bet would be that Nintendo is aware of the anticipation, and if anything, the craze is only benefiting them, as more and more people are hearing about the Direct than might have otherwise. I wonder if they’ll shadow-drop it or only announce it an hour before it airs?

3f4.gif

EDIT: interesting Twitter theory about the Direct coming out of the blue...

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

EDIT: interesting Twitter theory about the Direct coming out of the blue...

That's actually interesting. But I hope not. I rather hope they announce it for tomorrow afternoon. Fits me better.

Wow, now they're even posting vague images that could mean something, but probably don't. It's Smash 4 all over again and it's beautiful.

Someone spotted that the in the Mario Odyssey bird image a New Donk Festival sign was obscured so you could only see “New Fe”.

My money is on a new Fire Emblem. That’s cool as long as it’s also Smash!

There's definitely something coming. I recall hearing that some Mario x Rabbids DLC gets launched in a few days time so I'm sure they'd love to talk about that ahead of it dropping.

Hahahaha. All this speculation, all the trolling. This is pure gold! Pure gold I say!! I'm happy to have some good entertainment while I'm waiting for a direct. And we know it's coming, I just don't really care to speculate. Every time I do, I get disappointed by the direct, so this time I won't bother looking into rumors. 

But this build-up Nintendo is doing is devilish fun :D.

Personally, I really hope they will never again do a Direct. Or rather they won't do one until I can afford a Switch. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1