NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I think that's fake as well; this may be unpopular but I think one of the best things about the Switch UI is it's so streamlined and quick.

If you add in alot of that gubbins, it's going to get bogged down pretty quick like my 3DS did which isn't what the Switch is about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I think that's fake as well; this may be unpopular but I think one of the best things about the Switch UI is it's so streamlined and quick.

If you add in alot of that gubbins, it's going to get bogged down pretty quick like my 3DS did which isn't what the Switch is about.

I don't use any themes on the 3DS as there's something a little garish about them I find. I never saw one that was totally pleasing on the eye ::shrug:

In fact, I'm not even keen on the black Switch theme and prefer to stick with the original white which I like :grin:

I'm happy enough for themes to come along, obviously, but I don't want anything that makes the user interface slower or unnecessarily complicated.

Still waiting for that January Direct anouncement....

tumblr_ozv3eyWVMD1sj9hkdo2_250.gif

I also love how fast it is to pick up the switch and play a game. I'm not really waiting for themes as I found the 3DS ones always rather ugly. (but I'm not opposed to the idea of course) I'm really hoping they finally specify the paid online service and finally show their virtual console plans.

Edited by M_rock
  • Like 2

It’s a really good fake...  but it is a fake.

The web browser is a dead giveaway.  Nintendo have purposely gone out of their way to not make the Switch’s web browser user accessible, in order to help prevent hackers from cracking the system’s security like they did on 3DS and Wii U (though ironically, they have apparently managed it anyway.  Thanks to an oversight from SEGA in Puyo Puyo Tetris, where they accidentally made the online user manual able to open up normal web pages; hackers have managed to break through the Switch’s security anyway :laughing: )

But yeah, Nintendo aren’t gonna make things easy for hackers by allowing users to easily access the Switch web browser and use it to hack their Switch.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, M_rock said:

Still waiting for that January Direct anouncement....

tumblr_ozv3eyWVMD1sj9hkdo2_250.gif

I also love how fast it is to pick up the switch and play a game. I'm not really waiting for themes as I found the 3DS ones always rather ugly. (but I'm not opposed to the idea of course) I'm really hoping they finally specify the paid online service and finally show their virtual console plans.

They usually announce them with 48 hours notice.

I can't believe so many people don't want 2 Hello Kitty themes every damn week.  Weirdos. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hey I love those themes! Well not the Hello Kitty ones, but really like the Monster Hunter, Mario Hanafuda and this pretty one:

3ds_theme__nintendo_consoles_by_gamefrea

Never bought one but got a lot with platinum points and as free distributions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ResetEra are doing the usual pre-Direct announcement freak out. It'll make for fun viewing around 3pm today

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

ResetEra are doing the usual pre-Direct announcement freak out. It'll make for fun viewing around 3pm today

In what way?

Just now, dazzybee said:

In what way?

They (and gaf before it) hype themselves up to crazy levels whenever there's a Direct due. In this case one is rumoured for the 11th, and the announcement is usually two (sometimes three) days before, at 3pm UK time, so in a couple of hours. Makes for fun reading whether it be the meltdowns at no announcement, or the buzz if we do get one.

Nintendo tend to tweet on the hour, give or take a minute or so. I'll never forget about a year ago when everyone was convinced an announcement was incoming and at 3pm Nintendo tweeted... about a Style Savvy for 3DS game. I lol'd.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Hey I love those themes! Well not the Hello Kitty ones, but really like the Monster Hunter, Mario Hanafuda and this pretty one:

3ds_theme__nintendo_consoles_by_gamefrea

Never bought one but got a lot with platinum points and as free distributions.

I did the same thing, I have that theme too (It's lovely! Defo one of my faves!)

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

They (and gaf before it) hype themselves up to crazy levels whenever there's a Direct due. In this case one is rumoured for the 11th, and the announcement is usually two (sometimes three) days before, at 3pm UK time, so in a couple of hours. Makes for fun reading whether it be the meltdowns at no announcement, or the buzz if we do get one.

The ARMS Direct and Pokémon Direct were both announced only one day before they were aired, so they’ll just have to wait and see.

However, my inside sources and extensive research (I asked my uncle who worked at Nintendo) have exclusively confirmed to me that we will definitely be hearing about the January Direct within the next 22 days. 

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

Just took a look at the Resetera thread and think I need to take a few minutes to readjust to reality again, reminded me why I never go on that stupid website. 

Are directs usually announced at 3pm GMT then? I'm definitely antsy for some announcements but not so obsessed that it consumes my entire life, can't these people just play some games instead of rabidly refreshing Nintendo's Twitter accounts?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Are directs usually announced at 3pm GMT then? 

Typically, yep, or at least based on last year’s announcements.

Last year’s Nintendo Direct (April), ARMS Direct (May), Pokémon Direct (June), Splatoon 2 Direct (July) and other Nintendo Direct (think was the indies one? - September) were all announced ~15:00 GMT/BST. 

The Fire Emblem Direct (January), Animal Crossing Mobile Direct (October) and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct (November), however, weren’t announced during that time frame. It’s pretty random.

And I agree, I don’t (normally) care too much for the announcement of something, but especially when it’s announcing that comes later that very week or day. 

I'd like to think Nintendo thought "we won't troll people, we'll announce it a day before so people don't become hyper and have over active imaginations for longer than necessary"...whoopsie!

• Like 1

That’s just what the bird does in the game. Think you’re looking way too much into it. 

2 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

That’s just what the bird does in the game. Think you’re looking way too much into it. 

Oh, I just thought it was funny considering the timing. Apparently they retweeted it today. :laughing:

• Like 2

They definitely like to troll, I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they're doing with that tweet/retweet.

They called out Gaf once pre-E3 teasing their hype thread, it was very funny

I found Nintendo retweeting the bird absolutely hilarious. 

Era has also exploded with excitement and that thread gets longer by the minute. Gaming eh, theres no hobby quite like it.

Hype.

• Thanks 1

Trolly Nintendo is definitely one of my favourite Nintendoes.

The only thing more mean and hilarious is Trolly Sakurai.

• Haha 2

That tweet was definitely done on purpose.  We know that NOA read GAF/Era (NOE probably, almost certainly, read these forums too).

On a related matter, they also watch AGDQ too (in fact, one of them even appeared on the GDQ couch during the Splatoon 2 run, giving commentary on the game!)

They might give the impression that they don’t know what people are talking about but they do... oh yes they do... 

Crafty buggers.  They probably delayed the Direct just to mess with us :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems that we at least can expect something to be announced soon. According to this tweet from Nintendo of Russia:

original.jpg

The message came as a reply to a fan on VK - a social media website in Russia. The user in question posted a comment asking for news on the rumoured January Direct and, rather surprisingly, the Nintendo page replied with a message roughly translating to "Kirril, good afternoon! Follow the news - soon expected!"

From NintendoLife http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_of_russia_appears_to_confirm_incoming_nintendo_direct

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nekunando said:

25 minutes :cheeky:

It probably says a lot about me that I wouldn't be the slightest bit upset if a Direct wasn't announced today. Because all that hype on Era would only culminate in utter meltdown and it'll make for great reading.

On the other hand, if this turns out to be legit, then, Woo! Direct!

Basically, I win either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2