NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I'm not sure if I can handle so much excitement.. The Zelda en Bayonetta trailers. Tears of joy and sadness (for my wallet).

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

Help please. I am selling my Wii U. It has loads of downloaded games. I want to delete my user without losing the games. How do I do it?

5 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Help please. I am selling my Wii U. It has loads of downloaded games. I want to delete my user without losing the games. How do I do it?

The simple answer is: You don't. :p

I mean, if you are selling the Wii U then as far as I know you can system transfer to another Wii U and then sell it but I'm guessing you're selling it and then not rebuying it again?

It really is simpler to keep the console, someone else will be able to explain it better than I can but it's pretty convoluted from what I understand so unless you're prepared to lose your downloaded games I just wouldn't sell it unless you're sure that you won't want to play them again. :peace:

I'm pretty sure the games are tied to your account in some way, unless you delete just the account, the games are on there and then whoever makes a new account on there can just claim your old games or something, if that's what you meant? I'm not sure if that's possible and my head hurts just thinking about the whole process. :heh:

The sooner Nintendo announces its long term plans for digital content for the Switch - which has to happen at some point - the better.

Edited by S.C.G

I actually just wiped my Wii U and forfeited the games.  Yeah, it's a waste of money, but I wanted to declutter.  In the process, Nintendo demanded that I connect to the internet, which I thought was odd, but hopefully it's registered those games to my account and I can get them again one day.  If not, so be it.  For those who really want to keep the games, at the moment I'm afraid the only option is to not get rid of the Wii U.

Hi, what is the minimum size of the SD card I should go for? I will mainly go physical, but there are e-shop games I would like to get, plus I know there are updates for a lot of games which have to be downloaded.

2 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Hi, what is the minimum size of the SD card I should go for? I will mainly go physical, but there are e-shop games I would like to get, plus I know there are updates for a lot of games which have to be downloaded.

I'm mostly going for physical but I would still advise getting a 200GB Micro SD Card as they are a reasonable price and you get a decent amount of storage for it too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/262-2894649-8575609?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=SanDisk+Ultra+Micro+SD+200GB+SDXC+UHS-I+Memory+Card+up+to+90+MB%2Fs

They've gone up a bit, I got mine when they were cheaper and more readily available but it's still worth it. :)

OK, as I will get it from England, will there be any offers for Christmas (how ia it usually)? And what is a good price for a 200gb (256gb) one?

Thx :)

I had to delete Blaster Master Zero to download Yooka Laylee... the Switch memory is so small!

I need a decent SD card.

52 minutes ago, Kav said:

I had to delete Blaster Master Zero to download Yooka Laylee... the Switch memory is so small!

I need a decent SD card.

What the hell have you got on there?

I've yet to have struggle for space. Once I finish a game I delete it and then install the next one. Same goes for the PS4 where I've never ran out of memory despite just rocking an original 500gb model.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kounan said:

OK, as I will get it from England, will there be any offers for Christmas (how ia it usually)? And what is a good price for a 200gb (256gb) one?

I don't know about offers but if you see a 200GB card for £50 then that is definitely a good deal. :)

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've yet to have struggle for space. Once I finish a game I delete it and then install the next one. Same goes for the PS4 where I've never ran out of memory despite just rocking an original 500gb model.

I've got a 200GB card for the Switch and due to careful management of games such as going for mostly physical titles where possible - which I believe you're going for as well - I'm making it last as long as I possibly can, while I don't want to get into deleting games on my Switch I just tend to make sure that there are only games I really want to see on there, so I'm trying to go for zero shovelware... which is easier on the Switch seeing as it seems to be curated very well bar a few titles and I hope it stays that way. :D

I'm still rocking 1TB on my PS4 but I only download the Plus titles when I want to play them, I may well start deleting games on that platform at least being that it's simple to do and reverse if needed thanks to the library feature.

As for Xbox One... I've got 2TB or 3TB overall storage, it's all good... for now, until there are more backwards compatible Xbox titles.

Hopefully with careful management, I won't be buying any more game consoles now for a few years until the next essential upgrade comes along which I reckon will be from Nintendo but I'm sure we'll be OK until at least 2020 I hope. (It's crazy to type that, I remember games in the 80's / 90's setting games in the years 2020 + and thinking woah, that's so far in the fuuuuture, man!) :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be honest I don’t delete titles... that’s my problem really.

From the eShop I’ve got MK8D, Shovel Knight TT, Snipperclips, Sonic and Yooka Laylee (did have Blaster Master Zero).

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, Clownferret said:

You can't.  If you're selling the console, you're selling the games along with them (or you can choose to wipe everything, but that obviously diminishes the resell value significantly).

I would personally recommend holding onto it until Nintendo announce their Virtual Console plans - see if they offer discounts for people who own VC games on Wii U (like they did for Wii owners) and if they do? Take advantage of the discounts by buying them with the same NNID.

Sell it after if you want then.  

3 hours ago, Kav said:

I need a decent SD card.

23 hours ago, Kounan said:

200GB is the sweet spot for price/size right now.  Unfortunately, the prices have risen across the board in the last few months, but Amazon is currently doing a Xmas sale, so there's a chance that they might do a sale on them over the coming weeks.  Also check the US Amazon site as well during the next few weeks - I nabbed a 200GB Micro SD on sale just a few weeks ago when they did their Black Friday sale and it's pretty likely that they're gonna do it again here!

Amazon UK didn't do a sale on the Micro SDs during Black Friday, but Amazon US did; so it's well worth keeping an eye on both over the coming week or so.

Edited by Dcubed

Just now, Ronnie said:

(Sold, not just shipped!)

Holy cow! They were only at 7.63 million come October 1st! :o That means that they sold almost 2.5 million in just 2 months!!

Amazing! :D 

That's ridiculous. It would be a huge surprise if it doesn't surpass Wii U's lifetime sales by March now. What a crazy turnaround this year has seen for Nintendo.

19 minutes ago, killthenet said:

That's ridiculous. It would be a huge surprise if it doesn't surpass Wii U's lifetime sales by March now. What a crazy turnaround this year has seen for Nintendo.

It's such a shame that the supply isn't there to have it done by the end of this year.  Switch could've easily have beaten Wii U's LTD by now (13.56 million) if the stock allowed for it...

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

The PS4 also sold 10 million in nine months

The PS4 was released pre-Xmas though whereas these figures don't fully account for Nintendo's Xmas sales.

Still hugely impressive for both consoles.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

The PS4 was released pre-Xmas though whereas these figures don't fully account for Nintendo's Xmas sales.

True, even better for Switch then!

Can't imagine it'll have the legs of PS4, but that's up to Nintendo I guess...

19 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

On top of that, Switch is heavily supply constrained, while PS4 was not; making it all the more impressive for Switch, since it would've sold much more had supply allowed for it!

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

On top of that, Switch is heavily supply constrained, while PS4 was not; making it all the more impressive for Switch, since it would've sold much more had supply allowed for it!

Gotta remember that the PS4 launched in Japan 3 months after the other releases. Not that it would make much difference anyway, seeing as home consoles struggle over there. Nintendo essentially has market dominance in Japan due to the Switch also being a handheld.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gotta remember that the PS4 launched in Japan 3 months after the other releases. Not that it would make much difference anyway, seeing as home consoles struggle over there. Nintendo essentially has market dominance in Japan due to the Switch also being a handheld.

True.  Japan is a much more important factor for Nintendo than Sony.

Would be interesting to see how the western sales would compare during those first 9 months, but I suppose there's no way to really compare; considering that NPD no longer put out data on monthly hardware sales publicly :( 

I think as well we have seen Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Splatoon in these few months as a big factor. Great sales now but I wonder how Nintendo will keep momentum going at the same level over say 7 years.

8 hours ago, Dcubed said:

True.  Japan is a much more important factor for Nintendo than Sony.

Would be interesting to see how the western sales would compare during those first 9 months, but I suppose there's no way to really compare; considering that NPD no longer put out data on monthly hardware sales publicly :( 

I posted yesterday (I think) that Switch has sold 2.5 million LTD in Japan so far, so that's 7.5 for the rest of us...if that's the stat you were looking for!

• Thanks 1