NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Good price for the stick but until more fighting games are announced there just no way I can justify paying for an arcade stick on switch.

I’d still recommend the NES30 arcade stick myself.  It’s significantly cheaper than the HRAP, is fully Sanwa moddable, works on numerous other devices and it supports both wireless and wired on Switch (it got a firmware update that enables a direct USB connection on Switch; it also fixes some desyncing issues that 8bit-do’s controllers used to have on Switch).

It’s got a pretty nice heft to it, but not too bulky to pop in a bag either.  I’ve got one and it’s pretty sweet.

Edited by Dcubed

Apparently at 3pm, a Switch bundle with Mario Odyssey for £280 will go on the Amazon lightning deals list.

I have a lot if questions about this video. A lot. But he seems to know his stuff.

What next, Farooq's two cents on Microtransactions in games? Virgil giving us a review of his favourite load-outs in CoD:WWII? Sandman and Sabu going one-on-one Final Destination, no items, no Falco?

What other childhood heroes would you like to see review the Switch on their own personal YouTube channel? 

Nintendo Switch is FOR REAL 

Edited by Nicktendo

11 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Strange, @Hero-of-Time came up on my suggested friends from miitomo... I thought we already were... were we not? Or do you have multiple accounts?

He has an account for now and an account for himself seven years in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, bob said:

Who is that?

I mean I can read that it's a guy called Steve Richards, but is he famous? Googling brings up loads of people called Steve Richards...

He's a former WWE Wrestler although I think he's been reviewing tech for quite a while between wrestling gigs. It still messes with my head when I see that wrestlers are into video games, even though... of course they would be, but I'm mentally stuck thinking about wrestling from the late 80's early 90's. It would be like finding out Macho Man was really into Chrono Trigger or The Ultimate Warrior was a Bobble Bobble fan.

All that said, It's pretty common to see wrestlers talk about their other interests and set up their own YouTube channels about them now, like Xavier Woods has a popular gaming channel on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwi2PtiKDhg

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Helmsly said:

It still messes with my head when I see that wrestlers are into video games, even though... of course they would be, but I'm mentally stuck thinking about wrestling from the late 80's early 90's. It would be like finding out Macho Man was really into Chrono Trigger or The Ultimate Warrior was a Bobble Bobble fan.

I think a fair few of them are gamers. I remember reading The Rock's book years ago and in it was a section about how he unofficially became the European Champion because Mark Henry put the title on the line in a game of Madden. The Rock beat him and claimed the belt. :D 

• Like 1

Well now, my Switch is acting funny on me again. Seeing as I've been posting a bit about Shinobi Reffle: Senran Kagura (don't judge me), I wanted to test it as the game finally launched.

I fired up my japanese eShop, bought a digital eShop card from Play-Asia, and bought the game. The game is ready and I wanna give it a go, but then I get the message: You cannot play this game.

DPdlyqRUMAIdj_Q?format=jpg

Now, after a long time on google and troubleshooting it seems I need to unlink my japanese Nintendo ID and unregister my Switch as the active download unit. Unlinking the account is no problem. I can even do that from my PC. But when I try to unregister my Switch, i get error code 2164-0055. And there is no information on the subject anywhere. Not on the Nintendo official site at least. I might have to contact Nintendo service, but I would like to figure this out on my own if I can, seeing as last time I had the Switch in for service I lost all my save files...

The service part might be the source of the trouble too. I had the same account linked on that console, but when I got the Switch back, it was a new unit. They probably didn't un-link it. I have no idea.

I saw another user having the same issue on reddit, so I've contacted him direcly to see what he ended up doing.

I really hope it's just a quick fix, but it is irritating not being able to play the games I've bought.

4 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Well now, my Switch is acting funny on me again. Seeing as I've been posting a bit about Shinobi Reffle: Senran Kagura (don't judge me), I wanted to test it as the game finally launched.

I fired up my japanese eShop, bought a digital eShop card from Play-Asia, and bought the game. The game is ready and I wanna give it a go, but then I get the message: You cannot play this game.

The service part might be the source of the trouble too. I had the same account linked on that console, but when I got the Switch back, it was a new unit. They probably didn't un-link it. I have no idea.

Give support a call and explain what happened, they should be able to unlink it on their end without you needing to send anything in.

Probably a stupid question, but did you try relinking your NNID?

On 20/11/2017 at 2:55 PM, S.C.G said:

Out of interest, how many physical Switch games are people up to now? (If you're collecting)

I'm on 8. In order of purchase:

• The legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild
  • Mario kart 8 Deluxe
  • Disgaea 5 Complete
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom battle
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Doom
  • L.A. Noire

That 4 first party and 4 third party retail releases. In a few days I'll be adding the collector's edition of Xenoblade Chronicles to that list. Most likely I'm getting Arms and the physical release of Snipperclips before the end of the year, and maybe some others depending on if there any good sales before Christmas (things like Rayman, Bomberman, and Rime may be things I'd buy in a sale, though the latter only if it's patched properly). Axiom Verge was a must-buy, but has been delayed apparently. Resident Evil Revelations collection is another I really want.. But they're not releasing a physical version in Europe. I may import it, but I'm not sure. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ike said:

Give support a call and explain what happened, they should be able to unlink it on their end without you needing to send anything in.

Probably a stupid question, but did you try relinking your NNID?

It's just as you say, Nintendo is the one at fault here. They haven't sorted out the accounts during service, and ended up keeping the user active on the original system and not the new one. Looks like there is nothing to be done by the user, so yeah, like you say, I need to give Nintendo a call and have them sort it out from their end. I don't know if I can call them from Norway though, but I will try :). 

The guy who had the same problem had done the same as me: Had a problem with the Switch, sent it in for service, gotten a brand new system in return. Should be a quick fix, but still takes more effort than it should, seeing as I have to ask Nintendo to do it directly. Oh well, I'll let you know what happens.

Rive rocks and you should all buy it right now!

That is all :hehe:

Completely agree. Great set pieces, relentless enemies you have to flit around, fast fluid shooting which Two Tribes are not afraid to shake up the formula of and downright fun.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone....

I've bought the Switch on black friday, with Mario Odisey and Mario+Rabbids, but have to wait till 29th of december to get it.

I am planing to get a pro controller and another set of joycons, plus two games. One would bi Mario Kart, but don't know what the second game should be, I am thinking of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but also Doom.... (I have Zelda on Wii U). Any suggestions?

24 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Hi everyone....

I've bought the Switch on black friday, with Mario Odisey and Mario+Rabbids, but have to wait till 29th of december to get it.

I am planing to get a pro controller and another set of joycons, plus two games. One would bi Mario Kart, but don't know what the second game should be, I am thinking of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but also Doom.... (I have Zelda on Wii U). Any suggestions?

Xenoblade Chronicles would be my suggestion. Doom may reduce in price yet similar to the other console versions.

43 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Hi everyone....

Welcome back! 

Don't forget about Splatoon 2 and the great selection of games on the e-shop!

On the journey to work I was playing Mario, as I was changing trams I paused and locked the screen but when trying trying to unlock... nothing.

Just a black screen with no response from the console no matter what button you press or hold.

I know it’s not battery as it was fully charged and would still be above 50% at the end of my journey... I was only half way at this point.

Going to have to wait to get home and stick the charger in and leave it, see if that helps at all. ::shrug:

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Kav said:

On the journey to work I was playing Mario, as I was changing trams I paused and locked the screen but when trying trying to unlock... nothing.

Just a black screen with no response from the console no matter what button you press or hold.

I know it’s not battery as it was fully charged and would still be above 50% at the end of my journey... I was only half way at this point.

Going to have to wait to get home and stick the charger in and leave it, see if that helps at all. ::shrug:

Does the screen look "on" to you? As in if you tilt it to the right angle does it appear to have light coming from it? 

This has happened to me a few times, if you hold down the power button for 15 seconds, the official website says I think, that should properly switch it off and then you can turn it back on again. Worth a try, anyway!

• Thanks 1

Nope, just completely off... I gave this a try but no luck. Thanks anyhow.

EDIT: plugging it in via USB to my PC at work resolved it!

Edited by Kav
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kounan said:

Hi everyone....

Hey, welcome back.

Xenoblade 2 is going to be a hard one to beat, but if shooters are your thing I'd go for Splatoon 2.  Did you play the original on the Wii U?

Three days into owning a Switch and I'm loving it. Such a massive step up from the Wii U. Shame there are still concerns about the online service, but Nintendo absolutely nailed the console itself, and I'm actually really liking the minimal UI. And Mario Odyssey is just insanely addictive. Already about 200 Moons in!

Have added a selection of people from here already, but if you'd like to add me my friend code is 5331-8300-3351.

Has anyone here done the changing regions thing to use other the eShop from other countries? Read that Stardew Valley is only £6 on the Mexican eShop instead of £11 here!

Edited by Mr-Paul
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

Three days into owning a Switch and I'm loving it. Such a massive step up from the Wii U. Shame there are still concerns about the online service, but Nintendo absolutely nailed the console itself, and I'm actually really liking the minimal UI. And Mario Odyssey is just insanely addictive. Already about 200 Moons in!

Have added a selection of people from here already, but if you'd like to add me my friend code is 5531-8300-3351.

Has anyone here done the changing regions thing to use other the eShop from other countries? Read that Stardew Valley is only £6 on the Mexican eShop instead of £11 here!

Yes I have done so to buy from the SA store.