The Bridge -25%
Butcher -20%
Vaccine -30%
Don't Knock Twice -20%
Astro Bears Party -20%

Nintendo sales are the worst!!! 

Edited by liger05
  • Like 1

Yup. The few games I'm interested in, I've already bought, with the exception of Axiom verge which I still need to order the physical version for. I only have Bulb boy and Thimbleweed park left on my wishlist. I don't actually think Bulb boy needs to be on that wishlist, and Thimbleweed park.. Well I might get it, but I'm still more likely to get it on PC later.

Those who don't have Axiom Verge and prefer digital, I urge you to get it though. From all the metroidvanias I've played which are available on Switch, it's the best one.

As some of you know, a lot of people are leaving Negaf and one of the posters left this as one of their final messages:

I've left clues to new game announcements for years#1

I'd say things like "I bet we get *insert game here* in threads just prior to announcements. Since I probably won't be around much longer, might as well give whatever knowledge/hints I have left:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) is coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Themes will arrive with a Dec. 25 update. Free if you own the game or amiibo.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-Little Mac was almost in ARMS. There's a reason he's not.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

That's all I've got.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454191

I normally wouldn't post something like this but this person was one of the more level headed posters over there and pretty reliable. Of course, its all just rumour lol

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

That is really interesting news. I hope most of it is true, and it's about time we get some themes going on the Switch main screen :D.

Regarding the first hint:
A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash

What sequel/game do you thing this is? Phoenix Wright? 

Aaaand just to be annoying (and seeing as there was a big news thingy just after I posted this last), did anyone see my post about the homebutton actually having a blue LED in it? I wonder when Nintendo will start to use it. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

That is really interesting news. I hope most of it is true, and it's about time we get some themes going on the Switch main screen :D.

Regarding the first hint:
A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash

What sequel/game do you thing this is? Phoenix Wright? 

Aaaand just to be annoying (and seeing as there was a big news thingy just after I posted this last), did anyone see my post about the homebutton actually having a blue LED in it? I wonder when Nintendo will start to use it. 

I saw. I did always wonder if there was a light and guessed there was as there's a clear ring around the one button on the joy-con. Seems odd that they'd do that and not put a light beneath it. P

I've never seen it light up though? Perhaps it was something they put in early and they were going to have it flash whenever a friend came online or something :cheeky:

5 hours ago, Helmsly said:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) is coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Themes will arrive with a Dec. 25 update. Free if you own the game or amiibo.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-Little Mac was almost in ARMS. There's a reason he's not.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

Interesting!

- No idea what this could be. Dillon's Rolling Western?
- Great news on themes, free if you own the game sounds good too.
- Metroid Prime 4: Dread? Footage in january and a possible Q4 release is much sooner than I thought.
- Punch Out game coming?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Interesting!

- Great news on themes, free if you own the game sounds good too.
- Metroid Prime 4: Dread? Footage in january and a possible Q4 release is much sooner than I thought.
- Punch Out game coming?

Yeah, they're pretty much my guesses as well but I have no idea about what the spinoff or Smash rumour could be.

I'm glad that themes are unlocked by using Amiibo, seeing as I "own" all of them... :3

Now this is just my guess, but I recon the light on the Home-button will start glowing when the Nintendo Online Service drops. I always loved waking up and seeing the circle on the Wii-U pad glow. Then I knew there was some big news going on. I hope they start using it like that with the Switch. 

Koizumi-san seems to have hinted that more than just traditional IPs are being prepped for release on the Switch next year, in an interview with Famitsu.

The following is a rough translation of what he had to say:

Nintendo has IP that has not been released yet, and not just traditional IP, as new things that you do not even think of are gathered and prepared soon, such things go on and on in the coming year next year I will come. That is what I am doing while trying to make something to stick into your heart, please wait and expect.

Edited by Julius Caesar

I want a way to delete game entries from the playtime record meter on the Switch. It annoys me seeing "Rayman Demo" or "Splatoon 2 test" on the list when they were not proper games.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 11:41 AM, Ronnie said:

That's already getting a third game on 3DS, even if I'm the only one who cares. But it's going Steampunk!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSThhJOqLQr2zmx7uuaAf2

Also wins best Ninty Subtitle this year.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Pit's already in Smash though.

Luigi's Mansion 3 with Prof E Gadd as the new Smash character?

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Pit's already in Smash though.

Luigi's Mansion 3 with Prof E Gadd as the new Smash character?

Luigi already uses the Poltergust as his final Smash, that'd be a weird inclusion.

Also, who said Kid Icarus can't get another character? In fact, they even have a model for one already. Little Mac and Charizard already did the Assist Trophy to playable upgrade.

E0qfI8L.jpg

I love Smash Bros. speculation!

Edited by Glen-i

You know you're at the top of a steep, downward slope when you start googling bundles...

• Haha 1

So, Capcom have said this as to why there is no support for the Switch.

Capcom Co. , a software publisher famous for the “Resident Evil” and “Monster Hunter” franchises, has released for the Switch only some older titles that it had released to other game consoles. A company spokeswoman said that is normal procedure for third-party software developers because there isn’t enough time to make new games for a console within a year of its launch.

What she should have said is that they thought the thing was going to bomb and now they are playing catch up but don't have the money or manpower to getting anything together. It's still a half baked excuse though. They could have easily put stuff like Megaman Collection 2 and Disney Afternoon Collection on the Switch without much effort or cost. Even Okami, which is launching on the PS4/One in December, could have been ported along with the other versions. 

• Like 2

I'm absolutely loving the Switch right now, can't put it down and because of it's portability I generally don't have to.

There were some dark days after Zelda and it sat in the dock for many a week, but now I don't know how I'm going to fit in time to play all the games I've got and Skyrim and Doom are just around the corner.

#lightninginabottle AGAIN lols

I don't think I've ever put this much time into gaming since I had an N64 and zero responsibility. I feel bad sometimes looking at how many hours I've sunk into my Switch, but then I realise it's ok, because a golden age is well and truly upon us and I'll look back fondly when Nintendo inevitibly balls-up their next console ;)

• Haha 1

I really do envy the kids who grow up these days, whose fondest memories of Zelda and Mario will be from Breath of the Wild and Odyssey. Jesus, these kids get the best quality served on a silver Switch. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

I really do envy the kids who grow up these days, whose fondest memories of Zelda and Mario will be from Breath of the Wild and Odyssey. Jesus, these kids get the best quality served on a silver Switch. 

I'd rather be us with fond memories of LOZ/ALTTP/OOT and Super Mario Bros/3/World AND be able to appreciate and love BOTW and Odyssey!

• Like 4

Yep, I plan on raising my kids from the NES onwards. None of this iPad crap. It's a process. A process from which true appreciation grows :D

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ArtMediocre said:

Too bad kids aren't the ones playing Switches... It's the millenial adults.

Switch is well off of being kid friendly in terms of pricing still and kids are still being given handmedown iPads and smartphones.  Best we can hope for right now is that they play Nintendo's mobile games (or, if they're extremely lucky, get given 2DS consoles).

Edited by Dcubed

Reggie talks about Nintendo's up and coming online service.

I'm not going to tell you exactly what it's going to look like. We'll share more about that next year. But what I can tell you is that our vision is to have a robust online environment that not only provides the mechanism for you to have your multiplayer experiences and matchmaking, those elements are minimum. Our goal is to provide that extra Nintendo twist, and that's what makes our company historically so effective. We don't do things the same way everyone else does. We relish being different. We see that difference as an element that makes us more compelling to the consumer. And so having that differentiated experience is what we are focused on and we'll unveil more next year as we're closer to the launch of the service.

Yeah, I don't like the sound of this at all. For the love of.....just copy what everyone else is doing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1