NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Apparently Tabata (from S-E) said during the Gamescom stream that they are very interested in a console that sounds similar to twitch as part of bringing to FFXV to all audiences. It's worth mentioning that FFXV Pocket Edition has just been announced for Android/iOS so it's very likely it is that version rather than the main version.

Here's some footage of FFXV Pocket Edition to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So I'm doing all my gaming preorders, can't believe rabbits is out next week, crept up!!

Shopto, seems to be the cheapest, but have people been having problems with them?

Might just pay a little extra and go with amazon

Nintendo is way too expensive, so unless they have a freebie I won't bother

Just now, dazzybee said:

So I'm doing all my gaming preorders, can't believe rabbits is out next week, crept up!!

Shopto, seems to be the cheapest, but have people been having problems with them?

Might just pay a little extra and go with amazon

Nintendo is way too expensive, so unless they have a freebie I won't bother

It depends if you want the game early or not. They seem to be really hit or miss with their preorders now. For example, Simply Games got people their copy of Uncharted Lost Legacy on Saturday but i'm still waiting for mine to arrive and I preordered from Shopto. It's happened a few times this year, now. 

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It depends if you want the game early or not. They seem to be really hit or miss with their preorders now. For example, Simply Games got people their copy of Uncharted Lost Legacy on Saturday but i'm still waiting for mine to arrive and I preordered from Shopto. It's happened a few times this year, now. 

Hmm, not risking it. Amazon it is!

4 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Honestly, i've found them to be just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to preorders.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Honestly, i've found them to be just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to preorders.

Is that with or without Prime?

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Is that with or without Prime?

With. Been a Prime member for years and the times when I have preordered games from them they always seem to arrive on the Saturday, rather than the Friday or earlier.

• Like 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

With. Been a Prime member for years and the times when I have preordered games from them they always seem to arrive on the Saturday, rather than the Friday or earlier.

I was about to say I've always got my Amazon Prime preorders on day of release but I just changed my Yakuza Kiwami preorder address yesterday and it pushed back my delivery date to the day after lol

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Don't they give you money if they're late?!

Wouldn't be devatetded if Rabbids was late to be honest.... Surprised no reviews of that; hope it's brilliant!

On the rare chance anything does not come the day they say, always get on chat with them if you can. I've wrangled free 30 days extra Prime from them many times this way.

1 hour ago, dazzybee said:

Wouldn't be devatetded if Rabbids was late to be honest.... Surprised no reviews of that; hope it's brilliant!

I have an order with Shopto but i'll be keeping a close eye on Simply Games come Friday morning. If I see they have received their stock and will be shipping for Saturday delivery then I will be placing an order in with them. It would be great to have it for the long weekend. 

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

On the rare chance anything does not come the day they say, always get on chat with them if you can. I've wrangled free 30 days extra Prime from them many times this way.

I've had varying degrees of success when it's come to dealing with customer service on Amazon. I've managed to get the Prime extension off them a couple of times, whereas other times they've given me sod all for their cock ups.

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I have an order with Shopto but i'll be keeping a close eye on Simply Games come Friday morning. If I see they have received their stock and will be shipping for Saturday delivery then I will be placing an order in with them. It would be great to have it for the long weekend. 

I've had varying degrees of success when it's come to dealing with customer service on Amazon. I've managed to get the Prime extension off them a couple of times, whereas other times they've given me sod all for their cock ups.

Regarding Prime subscriptions as well, I recommend this tip to get it half price for life (once you get student Prime, it just auto renews as a student Prime subscription forever).

It also refunds your existing non student subscription days left and gives you another 6 months free.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

Regarding Prime subscriptions as well, I recommend this tip to get it half price for life (once you get student Prime, it just auto renews as a student Prime subscription forever).

It also refunds your existing non student subscription days left and gives you another 6 months free.

Thanks but I can't be bothered with any faffing on. :p To be fair, the thing is on auto renew and I haven't noticed that i've paid for it for the past couple of years now. My membership is kinda just there at this point. I dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing. :D

2 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Had to laugh. "I forgot this game was coming out but I want it on release day!" 😋

• Like 3

That trailer though. ;)

I love that Nintendo are still showcasing unrealistic Switch meetup/playing scenarios, NBA in the Locker Room, Minecraft at the Bus Stop and of course Skyrim on the Tube because we can't forget that Skyrim is coming. :p

It's nice to see that games which aren't out yet are being leveraged too, Mario & Rabbids for one plus having Super Mario Odyssey right at the end with Cappy spinning out of the screen to the end was brilliant. :D

Overall though, even I can't deny that the trailer conveys people from all backgrounds enjoying the Switch so it more than does the job it sets out to do. :)

Even though Milk from 1-2 Switch is still one of the most hauntingly disturbing/simultaneously hilarious mini-games I've ever witnessed. :indeed:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

I have to commend them for the realistic Mario Kart moments. I felt like that guy screaming at the tele right on the finish line so many times. 

• Like 1

I totally forgot about Skyrim. :laughing: Feels like it should have been released by now. Not that I'm that interested anyway.

Pokken tournament demo is up. 

Edited by Sméagol

20 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Pokken tournament demo is up. 

Never played Wii U version. Tried demo and is this 720p? Image quality not the greatest. Not feeling the soft hazy look

I thought Pokken was pretty poor from the demo.

Graphics were low res and it seems a basic fighter mainly for Pokemon fans.

2 hours ago, DazzeL said:

I thought Pokken was pretty poor from the demo.

Graphics were low res and it seems a basic fighter mainly for Pokemon fans.

Well, it's failed on that front then. I find it pretty eh. The single player content is atrocious as well. Funny thing is, on the WiiU, it was one hell of a good looking game, the Switch one is pretty much just the WiiU version with the arcade characters (And Decidueye). Very quick and minimal port job.

I'm going to download this when I get in and see how I find it. Didn't play the Wii U original so looking forward to it. Been into fighting games recently so hoping the demo will result in a purchase!