NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

20 minutes ago, Jamba said:

Dude don't waste your energy on trying to convince people. Their opinion and decision on buying a Switch is their own as was yours. You have one and are enjoying it loads, you don't need to stress about what other people think. We could spend all our time in here saying that we think other people's decision making process is dumb but it's not going to make for much of a discussion.

...that's your opinion

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

...that's your opinion

giphy.gif

• Like 2

No more mention of limited feature set.

June 14th

screenshot2017-07-23a7askp.png

Today

screenshot2017-07-23ay3sd1.png

Edited by khilafah
  • Like 1

Probably because they think it might confuse people, have them wondering where they can find the "full" version now that it's actually out.

We know it's gonna be compatible with more games than just Splatoon 2 in the future, so it's very limited right now anyway.

Edited by Dcubed

To be honest with Nintendo's track record lacking in the online arena together with the opinion that this app is worse than the voice chat options the xbox 360 provided then I don't have much hope that this app will offer what people are actually wanting.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 1:14 PM, Rummy said:

If these two things ARE fact - I can already tell you that it's not good. @Cube @Goron_3 @are1981 @Pestneb and I'm sure others who I can't recall immediately will know that we already had to make our own voice chat solution with Splatoon on WiiU - this for us was Skype through phones/smart devices/computers.

See.. I have a smart phone with a dead battery, no intention of getting another.. no smart device... so I'm hoping they'll have a PC version of this app so I can use it....
Also.. hoping splatoon doesn't slowly die now splatoon two is out :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pestneb said:

Also.. hoping splatoon doesn't slowly die now splatoon two is out :(

That's just plain inevitable. Online focused games will eventually die out.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

This is exactly why all online focused games need a LAN mode (luckily both Splatoon 1 and 2 support wired LAN - with the latter obviously also having wireless LAN as well).

Edited by Dcubed

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I know but I hope the eventually is far far far way down the line...
even if I bought 8 Wii U's with splatoon, I wouldn't be able to get 8 people round to play it with me... the only person I physically know and likes the game is my nephew!

and this is also why I'm not sure I would go for splatoon 2. if they give a free dlc that allows you to play matches with computer "AI" when the online dies... then at least (in theory) the game could be played a while. But I recently realised, when online dies on splatoon, the game dies with it. It's not like mariokart 8, smash bros etc. where online may be a HUGE element in the replayability, but it still has non-online elements to hold interest....

so.. if splatoon 2 had no online (and no free dlc/changes etc) at the moment, as it stands, would it be a fun game as a single player game? And to quantify that , splatoon was an amazing game, and I have dipped into the single player mode occasionally since completing it, but I've not once loaded the game with the intention to play the single player mode... Also does splatoon two have a proper two player mode?

Splatoon 2 sells 670,000 in three days in Japan, Go Nintendo are reporting.

The original did approx 150,000 in same time period, obviously being a new IP. The Switch machine keeps on rolling!

• Like 3

Sales data

Switch is at 4.7 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is at 3.54 million

Zelda BotW Switch is at 3.92 million

ARMS is at 1.18 million

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Splatoon 2 sells 670,000 in three days in Japan, Go Nintendo are reporting.

The original did approx 150,000 in same time period, obviously being a new IP. The Switch machine keeps on rolling!

Makes me wonder just how many it could've done in its first week if the Switch wasn't suffering mass shortages... The whole situation is just so frustrating to watch!

Higher than 55% attach rate (and that's without digital; which is probably not unsubstantial given how much Splatoon 1 did digitally), in its first 3 days is just insane! It's already the highest selling Switch game!

1-2-Switch also did 1.22 million.  Poetic really.

Edit: Holy crap! 3DS is up 1% YoY! (And that's before the New2DS' release) How!? :o 

Edited by Dcubed

31 minutes ago, Serebii said:

Sales data

Switch is at 4.7 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is at 3.54 million

Zelda BotW Switch is at 3.92 million

ARMS is at 1.18 million

Chugging along nicely considering the supply restraints. 

Attach rate is really healthy. Great arms sales and again another new ip has done well. 

Wow didn't expect ARMS to break a million so soon.

Big numbers for BOTW considering that doesn't take into account Wii U sales.

So happy to see results like this. I know Nintendo fans are the first to moan when they put a foot wrong (myself included) but after years of watching them struggle with the Wii U it's great to see a company I love taking such a share of gamer's hearts and wallets.

• Like 1

It's great news. Hopefully they can start to meet the demand a bit better over the second half of the year though. My friend's family wants to buy a Switch for their 10 year old's birthday but can't find one anywhere, all of the sites are either out of stock or have a note saying they expect stock in mid August, hopefully they can find one from somewhere.

Did we get any indication how many copies BOTW has sold on Wii U?

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

It's great news. Hopefully they can start to meet the demand a bit better over the second half of the year though. My friend's family wants to buy a Switch for their 10 year old's birthday but can't find one anywhere, all of the sites are either out of stock or have a note saying they expect stock in mid August, hopefully they can find one from somewhere.

Did we get any indication how many copies BOTW has sold on Wii U?

All we know is that it's under 2.21 million

I want to know what's going on with Stardew Valley. They said this summer...I know they're no longer saying "summer" on the product page but they supposedly said there had been no change in plans...

38 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I want to know what's going on with Stardew Valley. They said this summer...I know they're no longer saying "summer" on the product page but they supposedly said there had been no change in plans...

Yeah me too, around about now would be a perfect time for it as the only big Switch games are multiplayer. Big shame if it launches in the middle of the crazy season.

And Yooka Laylee as well; I've held off buying it elsewhere for so long it would seem silly to cave in now, yet the lack of any firm date is incredibly frustrating!

• Like 3

Unless I'm mistaken, Overcooked seemed to come out of nowhere (out tomorrow), maybe Stardew Valley will be similar

So weird that Overcooked isn't listed in the 'Coming Soon' section on the eShop but Physical Contact Speed is. 

There is already a listing for a sequel to Physical Contact Speed in the 'Coming Soon' section called Physical Contact 2048. That studio is really cranking out quality titles.